You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

40 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Also a bit puzzling Villa consider Brewster is only worth £12m when he had almost as good a season in The Championship with 12 goals, was it?

I still cant believe we got our money back on Benteke give or take.

Chelsea aside, alot of the spending by other clubs are punts and gambles to an extent. We have assembled a world class team- its hard to keep that level and sign players asking them to play bit parts from the bench.

Brewster should absolutely stay and become a bench option. He probably doesnt agree 

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews2h
Liverpool are considering allowing Rhian Brewster to leave on a permanent deal in this transfer window, with the possible protection of a buy-back clause

Don't worry lads, we're putting a buy-back clause in there...which we'll be told we're not able to afford if the time ever comes that we'd want to buy him back.

Following this will be a Melissa Reddy article: "The recruitment brains at Anfield don't feel comfortable paying out 30m for a player they let leave for 15m two years ago. The club holds Rhian in the highest regard and have been impressed with the 22 goals he scored last season, but want stick to the strategy that has served them well so far - finding the next Rhian to play in Carabao cup games and rely upon their veteran forward line of Salah, Firmino and Mane. Whilst all three of them tore their hamstrings last year, Liverpool are confident that there'll be no issues this season as the players all played over 50 games a season for the preceding 4 seasons.

Meanwhile, plans to replace Alison Becker as goalkeeper have halted with a feeling amongst those at Anfield that Mighty Red will be able to step up for this season's fight for a Champions League place"

• Upvote 2

Honestly getting seriously pissed off about the owners frugality and the narrative from their fucking lapdogs in the media. Reddy is a fucking embarrassment, she’s an absolute gobshite. We’ve had unprecedented success in terms of television money, commercial deals and money from success on the pitch, posted huge profits in recent years and backs are offering loans with 0.5% interest rates. Buy someone who scabby fucks, we let Werner slip through our fingertips, don’t let Thiago.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Honestly getting seriously pissed off about the owners frugality and the narrative from their fucking lapdogs in the media. Reddy is a fucking embarrassment, she’s an absolute gobshite. We’ve had unprecedented success in terms of television money, commercial deals and money from success on the pitch, posted huge profits in recent years and backs are offering loans with 0.5% interest rates. Buy someone who scabby fucks, we let Werner slip through our fingertips, don’t let Thiago.

We would need to actually be in for him to let him slip through our fingers!

32 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Draxler has been poor for 3 years. He is said to be enjoying the Parisian lifestyle!

I think its hard to judge a player playing for PSG to be honest.

Eitherway, Leeds have signed a starting international Spanish forward and a German international defender. Draxler added to those two looks like very good business IMO, especially when Beisla is the manager. 

Just seen that Chelsea have loaned out Kenedy to La Liga side Granada for the season. He's been at Chelsea for 5 years and this is his 5th spell out on loan. He still has 2 years of his contract left.

They also recently loaned out goalkeeper Jamal Blackman, who was brought to the fringes of the first-team squad back in 2012. He's never played for Chelsea and is currently in his EIGHTH loan spell away from the club.

And then there is Lucas Piazon. He signed for the club back in March 2011 amid a bit of fanfare as the latest Brazilian wonderkid, so next year will mark 10 years at the club. He has made just 3 appearances for Chelsea in all that time, and is now in his SEVENTH loan spell away from the club (2 of which were 2-year loans).

I've said it before, but there needs to be some sort of rule in place to prevent clubs from stockpiling players and abusing the loan system. Every few years, Chelsea get these players to sign a contract extention and promptly send them out on loan again. I can't understand why these players do it. Even if money is the motivator, the players have no real incentive to do well during these loan spells so are unlikely to ever reach a level where they could command a significant pay increase.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep, we want 20m for Wilson who just scores the odd pearler and is the invisible man most games. Just get shut of him for about 14-15m 

Us to Bayern re Thiago: He's a good player lads but not worth more than 12 mil. Come on lads stop trying to rip us off. 

Us to Villa re Wilson: Top player is Harry. Wand of a player. Great attitude, heart the lot. He's worth 50 mil but he's yours for 35 mil if you fancy him. Juve and Barca have been on the blower but we'd prefer to do business with you guys.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Just seen that Chelsea have loaned out Kenedy to La Liga side Granada for the season. He's been at Chelsea for 5 years and this is his 5th spell out on loan. He still has 2 years of his contract left.

They also recently loaned out goalkeeper Jamal Blackman, who was brought to the fringes of the first-team squad back in 2012. He's never played for Chelsea and is currently in his EIGHTH loan spell away from the club.

And then there is Lucas Piazon. He signed for the club back in March 2011 amid a bit of fanfare as the latest Brazilian wonderkid, so next year will mark 10 years at the club. He has made just 3 appearances for Chelsea in all that time, and is now in his SEVENTH loan spell away from the club (2 of which were 2-year loans).

I've said it before, but there needs to be some sort of rule in place to prevent clubs from stockpiling players and abusing the loan system. Every few years, Chelsea get these players to sign a contract extention and promptly send them out on loan again. I can't understand why these players do it. Even if money is the motivator, the players have no real incentive to do well during these loan spells so are unlikely to ever reach a level where they could command a significant pay increase.

Totally and utterly agree. Id also add no PL side should be allowed to bring in loan players for a season to pad out their squad. The only time a PL club should be allowed to bring in a loan player should be if all their recognised PL squad keepers are injured.

The loan system is completely compromised in my opinion but the clubs will permit it because one day, they may all want to use and abuse it.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Batshuayi has just signed a new contract and gone on loan to palace again. 

also looks like they are sending Tomori to Everton too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/08/chelseas-michy-batshuayi-set-to-sign-extension-and-return-to-palace-on-loan?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

I think I heard on the radio they had 35 players out on loan last season. I think there should be a restriction on how many players are registered to you, perhaps with some flexibility u21 or something. 

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Joe Cole MkII I'm afraid that would be.

Far sharper at this stage of his career, less damage taking away his strengths (confidence and motivation being the main issues from what I've seen - we have the perfect fix for that) and would be less risk as a loan.  He'd also be coming in as a rotation option, rather than a player expected to add quality to a really poor squad.

Highly intelligent player with great technique.

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

He should insist on a testimonial.

• Like 1