You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

5 hours ago, coachpotato said:

my take is that if we had a striker (as opposed to three of the best forwards in the game) then the striker would probably score around 20-25 goals a season from the chances the front three don’t take currently.

The lads argument is that it would disrupt the team balance, and to be fair, he’s got a point.

Perhaps Klopp and his staff have seen an opportunity to include a striker and keep the three amigos in the team with a modified formation, such as 4-2-3-1?

Problem being 4231 takes away alot of the space the fullbacks currently thrive in - and neither Salah or Mane are at their best crossing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

For god sake, stop being such a miserable, pedantic individual.

From following Fjortoft and a few other German journalists on Twitter, from what they've posted, the price for Havertz has always been £100m, which with the add-ons, Leverkusen have got.

Sancho has always been £120m, which the mancs won't currently pay.

The players I've listed are comparable in price to Havertz. Ronaldo, Hazard & Griezman all went for a similar ball park figure as Havertz last summer (pretty sure you could have worked that). That indicates to me, Chelsea haven't got themselves a bargain as they've paid a similar fee for somebody who has achieved significantly less than the aforementioned players.

Similar to the full backs I named. Chelsea haven't gotten a bargain for Chilwell, they've paid market rate.

Werner was a bargain at £55m. Whether we're sold on him on not, that price for Germany's number 9 is a great deal. But that wasn't brought on because of great negotiating by Chelsea, it was a contractual obligation they took advantage of.

Also, the summer Bale went to Madrid, we rejected £40m +£1 from Arsenal, no so, Suarez couldn't have been bought for £20m, he'd already been with us 18 months at that point.

It's very possible some players values will come down this summer, especially closer to the window closing as clubs want players off the wage book. But so far, unless you can show some factual examples, that hasn't been the case. And unless you can show examples of bargains or a buyers market, I'm not interested in seeing a reply. 

Why does it make me miserable because I think it's a buyer's market? Makes no difference to us either way, we're not buying. This is your problem, unless everyone is dancing in the street all worshiping the Messiah jwh, you assume it's all awful. If you don't like what I've got to say, stick me on ignore, you don't have to read it you fucking big girls blouse. 

As for the rest of your mail, I can't be arsed with it. You're a fucking fruit cake. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

He's been truly awful for Inter. The worst player on the pitch in most games.

I wonder what happens with some players, it was the same with Sanchez when he joined man united. It's almost like they realise they're in their last contract and just can't be fucked with it anymore. The drop off for the both of them from the moment they've moved is unbelievable. It's a shame about eriksen, he was one of the few at spurs I used to enjoy watching. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder what happens with some players, it was the same with Sanchez when he joined man united. It's almost like they realise they're in their last contract and just can't be fucked with it anymore. The drop off for the both of them from the moment they've moved is unbelievable. It's a shame about eriksen, he was one of the few at spurs I used to enjoy watching. 

Yes, and despite being a classy style of player he put the yards in as well. He looks off the pace in Serie A. It's odd.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wouldn't want Fraser anywhere near this side. He had the chance to help Bournemouth stay up, and walked away. Gutless.

I think there’s a bit more to it than that. He’s on a free transfer, has the prospect of a long term deal with a wage increase and a big signing on fee. He might not have wanted to risk injury and be left without a club to boot, which is pretty understandable. 

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, and despite being a classy style of player he put the yards in as well. He looks off the pace in Serie A. It's odd.

It's very odd. But I can't say I want him for us. Even if there's still a player in there, if we're bringing in fresh blood, I think the balance of the squad needs someone a bit younger, especially if we bring in thiago. 

6 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I think there’s a bit more to it than that. He’s on a free transfer, has the prospect of a long term deal with a wage increase and a big signing on fee. He might not have wanted to risk injury and be left without a club to boot, which is pretty understandable. 

Yeah and Bournemouth binned off plenty to save money too. I'm not arsed at all about that. He's fucking shite though. He's the type of player that would sign for a top 6 team, never get a game and end up at Everton for 40m and be utter shite for them too. 

10 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Oh, I understand why he did it, I just think it was the cowardly option.

Any player with an expiring contract (and no pre-contract signed) plays out the last months of their deal knowing the risks. He was happy to do so, then the freak occurrence of a once-in-a-century pandemic shifts when the season ends and he legs it, avoiding playing out the remaining fixtures he was previously prepared to. He honoured the date of his contract, but not the spirit of it.

The same goes for Werner. His team makes the last stages of the CL - one that changes to a far more winnable single game knockout format - and rather than pull on his big boy trousers he scarpers. Good player, but his small testicled mindset wouldn't fit in amongst Klopp's mentality monsters.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Any player with an expiring contract (and no pre-contract signed) plays out the last months of their deal knowing the risks. He was happy to do so, then the freak occurrence of a once-in-a-century pandemic shifts when the season ends and he legs it, avoiding playing out the remaining fixtures he was previously prepared to. He honoured the date of his contract, but not the spirit of it.

The same goes for Werner. His team makes the last stages of the CL - one that changes to a far more winnable single game knockout format - and rather than pull on his big boy trousers he scarpers. Good player, but his small testicled mindset wouldn't fit in amongst Klopp's mentality monsters.

If he was one of ours and did that I wouldn’t be happy either but you have to see if from both sides. You might not like what what he did but what Klopp did for Lallana isn’t that wildly different. He protected him the in the same way by not playing him.

24 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

If he was one of ours and did that I wouldn’t be happy either but you have to see if from both sides. You might not like what what he did but what Klopp did for Lallana isn’t that wildly different. He protected him the in the same way by not playing him.

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree with his thought process. He's a footballer; he lives knowing one injury could be the end of it all. 

From my ivory tower of internet anonymity though, where I live vicariously through the achievement of others, I'm still going to call him a spineless pant-shitting milksop. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Now that ws a shithouse move considering he'd already secured himself a fortune and long contract with Chelsea.  Fraser I can understand.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

As for the rest of your mail, I can't be arsed with it. You're a fucking fruit cake. 

Yeah, I’m the fruit cake reiterating the same points over and over in every thread...

4A2B3533-9511-4E74-AA96-A8244C2C4414.gif

Ifithadntbeenforkloppyoudbefucked. 

Wheresthelovrenmoney? 

WherestheAnniesroadexpansion?

Championsofeverywhere...fuckfsgfuckooflindayiuwhore.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, I’m the fruit cake reiterating the same points over and over in every thread...

4A2B3533-9511-4E74-AA96-A8244C2C4414.gif

Ifithadntbeenforkloppyoudbefucked. 

Wheresthelovrenmoney? 

WherestheAnniesroadexpansion?

Championsofeverywhere...fuckfsgfuckooflindayiuwhore.

What the fuck are you on about. Get back to sucking jwh's cock you fucking bellend. 

Sanchez and Eriksen had both completely fell off before their moves from Arsenal and Spurs.  I think it goes to show how thick some people are who actually run these clubs and how inadequate the controls are to stop managers doing stupid shit and giving these players laughable contracts.  The media were all wanking each other off about Sanchez and now act shocked at how shite he was at United when it was obvious to anyone with a brain it was an accident waiting to happen.  A player who scored goals playing for attacking teams but had been mediocre for around a year going on massive money to the most short term negative manager in the game.  They’d learned their lesson with that one and didn’t sign Eriksen unfortunately.  He was also shite for over a year for Spurs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

Sanchez and Eriksen had both completely fell off before their moves from Arsenal and Spurs.  I think it goes to show how thick some people are who actually run these clubs and how inadequate the controls are to stop managers doing stupid shit and giving these players laughable contracts.  The media were all wanking each other off about Sanchez and now act shocked at how shite he was at United when it was obvious to anyone with a brain it was an accident waiting to happen.  A player who scored goals playing for attacking teams but had been mediocre for around a year going on massive money to the most short term negative manager in the game.  They’d learned their lesson with that one and didn’t sign Eriksen unfortunately.  He was also shite for over a year for Spurs.

Personally I thought Sanchez was still playing well when he left arsenal, although he was very clearly unhappy and was at time single handedly carried them. As for eriksen, he was poor in the season they sold him, but he was on his way out by then and his heart wasn't in it. He wasn't too bad in the prior 6.months from what I recall.