You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Chelsea have won the league 4 or 5 times in the last 15 years. 

The owner is throwing money at it to bring top quality players in. 

I'd imagine Chelsea have as much, if not more chance, given there ownership model, of consistently winning things over the next 5 years. 

They badly need a goalkeeper 

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

They looked dead and buried and like they were going backwards, but this summer is a quite astonishing statement of intent from them.

The horrible fucking twats.

Chelsea will never be dead and buried and this summer shows why. Ability to spend big when few other clubs can.

They've had free runs at players. It's smart but like it's not impressive. 

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I don't understand this Suarez transfer to Juventus business at all. 

So, he's still got a year left at Barcelona which if he played a certain amount of games would become two years.

But Juve are getting him on a free?

And he wants Barca to pay this coming season's wages in one lump sum? 

Why is he free? Why would Barca pay him wages for a season he wouldn't even be their player? Why does he want to leave Barca anyway I thought that was his forever club?  

Modern football is shit. 

Messi wants out and they're getting rid of Suarez and other good players as well. The end of the Catalan Empire is well nigh, folks, leaving Madrid ---who are in decline themselves---as the La Liga top dog. No better time to emerge as a dominant force in Europe and no team better placed than us with Klopp as manager. The owners don't, unfortunately, share that ambition. They are more concerned about balancing the books. While sustainability is important for any business, you got to take some level of risk as well to make progress.  

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Chelsea will never be dead and buried and this summer shows why. Ability to spend big when few other clubs can.

They've had free runs at players. It's smart but like it's not impressive. 

If it works for them then it is impressive.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Their Billionaire criminal owner giving them hundreds of millions of his own money to take advantage of a pandemic transfer window isn't impressive.

Yep. Although they never stopped spending stupid money; they just happen to have splashed the cash on a couple of particularly well-known commodities this summer in Havertz and Werner. If Havertz falls shy of his potential and Werner goes a bit Morata, it’ll be looked back on as just another transfer window the next time they sign a hotly tipped player.

I'm going against the grain here. 

I think we'll sign sometime decent, not sancho obviously, but thiago I presume. Enough crying like a bunch of fannies, I know the "in thing" it's to really against the owners and cry poverty, but I just find it hard to believe they won't let us sign someone if we truly want him. That's just my opinion 

• Upvote 1

I'm really not arsed about not signing Thiago. 

I want Gini to stay and think their behaviour with his contract is disgraceful. 

What we desperately needed this summer was another attacker. 

Now we obviously also need another centre back since we had to sell one to buy a left back. 

It really is undisputed now that FSG are absolute fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 1

The lad they’ve sold to West Brom was apparently one of their best academy prospects looking to break into the first team this season. The Hammer fans seem to think he’s been sold out from under Moyes and it looks like Noble has had enough. Even one of the academy coaches has tweeted support for Noble’s tweet. Bit of wedge growing between the playing side and the owners. Will be interesting to see if any pressure is put on them to reign it in, or has Baroness Brady lost her Thatcher-like aura....

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Thiago gives some experience and they've bought a decent left back. They badly need a keeper though. 

At 36 I think we'll see some comedy of errors when he sees the pace of the Premier League.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Their Billionaire criminal owner giving them hundreds of millions of his own money to take advantage of a pandemic transfer window isn't impressive.

There's a few on here who would want a bit of that.

I'm more worried about our side evolving. Our front 3 are getting near their 30s  so is Henderson then you have Milner. Thiago is 30 hes good for this upcoming season but hardly future planning. Thats the kicker with Werner and even Havertz for chelsea buying players before they are near their peak. We do need more depth due to the sheer intensity of this season and letting Gini go would be madness because of this, were going to need his energy and the fact he never gets injured. Jones, Elliot and Brewster are not solutions to anything this season, bright cameos maybe, in my opinion its to soon for them to make the regular step up to one of the best sides in the world. None of this is throwing the toys out the pram stuff it just seems obvious that we need new faces and I'm not FSG out or anywhere near but I don't think its outrageous that they invest in their own business, FFP isnt a season by season thing they have plenty of time to balance the books. We have older sellable assets on big money who will be shifted at some point.

I think we need a striker. People go bat shit when you say it but our front 3s finishing has been off since the beginning of the year. What's our conversion rate? a new face might give them a kick up the arse but more importantly be able to finish chances created, Firmino is my favourite player but hes been off it more than on it and nobody comes close to being good enough to replacing him now and then. Maybe Minamino can, he looked good versus Arsenal before Jones came on then the shaped changed and we looked poor again.

A couple of new faces and changes in play.

• Upvote 2