You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Well, looks like we've made our bed for the season, we may as well get used to lying in it!

It's going to be a long difficult season, we may struggle to top 4, I'd like to see us have a proper bash at the FA Cup!

May as well lock this thread and the Thiago Alcantara thread. The bloo shite win the transfer window again!

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if Covid never happened what excuses they would have come up with not to spend.

Oh and we haven't bothered with the FA Cup since 2012 after Kenny got sacked. 

We can't spend in case there is a virus that comes from the east.

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if Covid never happened what excuses they would have come up with not to spend.

Oh and we haven't bothered with the FA Cup since 2012 after Kenny got sacked. 

Never a good time to buy after an international tournament, no value in the market but you just wait until January.

I've said for ages that I am desperate for us to win the FA cup. Klopp has had to sacrifice it over the years due to the amount of games in the season and our squad depth being an issue. 

All we hear is how well the club is doing on the commercial side but I couldn't give a shit what new sponserships the club brings in if it isn't going to help the team and squad become stronger. 

Its been 14 years since we last won it and quite frankly that's a terrible record for a club our size. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Anyone else a bit worried that the press are saying that United are beating us to Thiago?

Not now, that they have almost signed the Dutch lad.

Sad we're losing Gini though. But enough consolation if we get Senor Alcantara. Very good player Gini, but sometimes he is such a pussy he becomes frustrating. 

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Well, looks like we've made our bed for the season, we may as well get used to lying in it!

It's going to be a long difficult season, we may struggle to top 4, I'd like to see us have a proper bash at the FA Cup!

May as well lock this thread and the Thiago Alcantara thread. The bloo shite win the transfer window again!

Don't get too excited by the fa cup. I feel pretty certain we'll see full U23 teams like we did against Shrewsbury and villa last season in all domestic cup matches. 

Liverpool are now the “prime favourites” to sign RB Salzburg young Zambianstriker, Patson Daka according to media outlet Far Post in Zambia. They claim that Liverpool are interested in signing Red Bull Salzburg striker Patson Daka. Premier League rivals Manchester United and Arsenal are also keen on the striker, but it is Jurgen Klopp’s men who are leading the chase for his signature.

The 21-year-old impressed the Reds first hand when he scored twice in a recent 2-2 friendly draw in Austria. The young forward has already notched 34 goals and 15 assists in 83 appearances for the Austrian outfit.

Daka is also no stranger to pressure, having been asked to fill Erling Haaland’s boots when he left for Borussia Dortmund back in January. The forward’s current contract expires in 2024, which means that Liverpool will have to splash out to get their man.

However, Daka’s market value is around the €20million (£18m) mark – a figure that could turn out to be a bargain. The Salzburg star would be an immediate understudy to Roberto Firmino in the central striking role.

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

If White has a great season with Brighton they will be asking for Van Dijk level money. If he has a shit season, we wouldn't want him anyway.

Only way we get him is through a release clause or in a few years if he goes on a free. But we all knew this anyway didn't we.

It would seem mad if he hasn't put some type of release clause. 

43 minutes ago, Horus said:

Should be considered neglect that we didn't at least try for him with our restricted finances.

I think it's fair to say there'd be 2 big stumbling blocks to this. We don't have 4m available on the wage bill despite ridding ourselves clyne and lallana. And secondly I reckon fsg wouldn't want him even of he played for free. For the first point, I'm pretty pissed off. For the 2nd I can actually get that. 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Juventus are the club that is paying Aaron Ramsey 400k a week - his wages would not fit in here.

Fair, but Ramsey was younger and considered in his prime when he signed there as a free transfer. Suarez most definitely isn't in his prime. Not saying we could have agreed a deal with him, or that he'd have even been interested, but I'd have binned Origi off for 2 years of Suarez, and created the finance. 

29 minutes ago, Horus said:

Fair, but Ramsey was younger and considered in his prime when he signed there as a free transfer. Suarez most definitely isn't in his prime. Not saying we could have agreed a deal with him, or that he'd have even been interested, but I'd have binned Origi off for 2 years of Suarez, and created the finance. 

I would too but I don't believe the wages they are quoting there.