You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I want to see Messi force an early presidential election and win it himself. Seen a few player managers over the years, never seen a player club president though.

And then installs himself as player / manager!

21 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He's not stupid, he won't be signing a 1 or 2 year contract, he'll be demanding a 3 or 4 year contract at least.  And at that point you're paying half a million quid a week for a 36 year old. 

I mean, he's going nowhere, but theoretically I wouldn't care if he signed for City.  City don't need to win more games, they need us to lose more games than them.  

FWIW, I think the coming season may well be a covid write-off.  With 1,000 cases a week during the summer, you can only surmise it's going to return with a vengeance in October and November, even with no fans in the stadium, I think it's likely to all get called off again. 

He is virtually getting £2m a week from Barca. He won't take a 75% pay cut to go anywhere. He will cost £300m in wages alone and he will be 36 in 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Reading are closing in on the signing of Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria. The 22-year-old is signing a permanent contract on Thursday morning to confirm his stay in Berkshire. Fee in the region of £3.5million (@jonathanl50)

Weren't they contracted to buy him then tried to wriggle out because of covid? 

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I still remember Newcastle buying Alan Shearer for £15m and thinking what a huge amount it was at the time. How times change.

I remember Chris Sutton going to Blackburn for what £5m? I was stunned when it was on the back of the Saturday Daily Express. The most expensive player in English football at the time.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I remember Chris Sutton going to Blackburn for what £5m? I was stunned when it was on the back of the Saturday Daily Express. The most expensive player in English football at the time.  

I can remember Pongo Legbreaker going from Woolwich Arsenal to Old Corinthians for a cup of Ovaltine and 20 Capstan Full Strength.

A Sheffield United supporting mate reckons Brewster is going there on loan. Seems a good fit and a great opportunity to get some PL experience. Their current forwards are pretty poor goalscorers and Sander Berge is there to pierce through balls to him.

• Upvote 1