You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

17 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

In a world where we got £19m for Solanke, I shouldn't be surprised that City might sell Angelino for £27m, but I am. 

Out of interest, what do you think was the greatest sales grift of the Klopp era to date? 

1. SERGI CANOS TO NORWICH - £4.5M
  2. JORDON IBE TO BOURNEMOUTH - £15M
  3. BRAD SMITH TO BOURNEMOUTH - £6M
  4. CHRIS BENTEKE TO PALACE - £32M
  5. ILLORI TO READING - £3.75M
  6. KEVIN STEWART TO HULL - £8M
  7. MAM SAKHO TO PALACE - £26M
  8. COUTINHO TO BARCA - £142M
  9. DOM SOLANKE TO BOURNEMOUTH - £19M
  10. CAMACHO TO SPORTING  - £7M
  11. MIGNOLET TO BRUGES - £8.2M
  12. KENT TO RANGERS - £7.5M
  13. BOBBY DUNCAN TO FIORENTINA - £1.8M
  14. LOVREN TO ZENIT - $10.9M

Nah, Norwich sold Canos on at no loss and he went on to play over 100 times for Brentford. Benteke is peak for me. Getting over £30m for him at the time was madness.

• Upvote 2

Chelsea are going to pay Ben Chilwell £190k per week, according to the Telegraph. Fucking hell. £190k a week? For Ben Chilwell? A reasoWho's probably on no more than £50k per week now?

Reminds me of the apocryphal story of Seth Johnson going to Leeds, his agent saying "keep quiet and I reckon we can get £20k a week," they sit down and Ridsdale says "now before we start I'm not giving you a penny over £25k per week," sees the reaction and mistakes it for disgust and says "OK, £30k."

I desperately hope there's a similar fate for them further down the line anyway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Manny said:

Chelsea are going to pay Ben Chilwell £190k per week, according to the Telegraph. Fucking hell. £190k a week? For Ben Chilwell? A reasoWho's probably on no more than £50k per week now?

Reminds me of the apocryphal story of Seth Johnson going to Leeds, his agent saying "keep quiet and I reckon we can get £20k a week," they sit down and Ridsdale says "now before we start I'm not giving you a penny over £25k per week," sees the reaction and mistakes it for disgust and says "OK, £30k."

I desperately hope there's a similar fate for them further down the line anyway.

It's just driving the prices up for every other club though.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

I see a couple of papers are spinning it that abramovic has 'fallen in love' with chelsea again. Bullshit, it's because city were successful in their FFP appeal. He originally decided he didnt want to go toe to toe with city's spending and was actually one of the club owners who wanted stringent restrictions on club's spending.

Bit ironic when you consider chelsea started the hyper inflation on both transfers and wages when he rocked up.

He's either gambling city will rein in their spending after their close call with the football authorities or, hopes to get a jump on them and us by buying a shit load on players when most clubs are facing a changing financial landscape.

That said, fwank is going to be under massive pressure to deliver the title and or the CL. Merely challenging for the title and not getting to the final of the CL will not besufficient for abramovic if he's lashing this amount of money about.

Oh, and chilwell is shit.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Nah, Norwich sold Canos on at no loss and he went on to play over 100 times for Brentford. Benteke is peak for me. Getting over £30m for him at the time was madness.

Surely Coutinho is the greatest outgoing transfer in the history of the game? We got insane money for him; mind-bogglingly  huge. And that’s without even factoring in his post-Liverpool lows or what we did with the cash and where that business took us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I see a couple of papers are spinning it that abramovic has 'fallen in love' with chelsea again. Bullshit, it's because city were successful in their FFP appeal. He originally decided he didnt want to go toe to toe with city's spending and was actually one of the club owners who wanted stringent restrictions on club's spending.

Bit ironic when you consider chelsea started the hyper inflation on both transfers and wages when he rocked up.

He's either gambling city will rein in their spending after their close call with the football authorities or, hopes to get a jump on them and us by buying a shit load on players when most clubs are facing a changing financial landscape.

That said, fwank is going to be under massive pressure to deliver the title and or the CL. Merely challenging for the title and not getting to the final of the CL will not besufficient for abramovic if he's lashing this amount of money about.

Oh, and chilwell is shit.

Chelsea have never stopped spending shitloads. This might end up being an above-average summer, but they’ve got their thinnest squad in over 15 years and just look like they’re throwing money around without much of a plan.

The fact that they think Chilwell and an ancient Thiago Silva who was on his way to Fiorentina is going to be sufficient defensively suggests a real naivety. Even Oblak, if he signs, is going to be exposed in a way people aren’t used to seeing unless Lampard is planning a complete overhaul of their playing style.

30 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We've signed someone. 

Melkamu Frauendorf. A 16 year old German attacking midfielder from Hoffenheim. 

The new Havertz. 

31 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He will go on loan 4 times then get sold to Mainz or Hertha Berlin for £3m. 

I've just been day-dreaming for 2 minutes about setting up a team called 'West London Boys', and I'll just buy QPR.  Then, all we do is buy handsome teenage lads and try to flip them in 2 years.  I'll have more YouTube editors and stylists than football coaches, with training sessions held on school pitches, where i make all the lads train with their tops off. 

I'll bring in a few Korean lads who look like BTS, and within a week I'll have 20m subscribers to the live training session vids. 

I'll sell sweaty match-worn tops for £10,000 a pop.

They'll also be releasing an album each year, and appearing on Love Island, and a few of the rascals will be 'caught' licking-out whichever H-List 18 year old Tory celeb girls are released into the wild.  The season finale will be a couple of the lads are gay, and that will be a spin-off. 

• Like 1

On 29/06/2020 at 20:43, Ne Moe Imya said:

I wonder why we haven't seen any links to Patson Daka yet?

Would seem a logical place to look to continue the Salzburg -> Liverpool assembly line that has brought us Minamino, Keita and Mane. I never like to compare African players to other African players because there's a danger of racism but his game reminds me so much of Mane's! And if you run the data looking for other similar players, Eto'o's early seasons come up as the closest matches, so I couldn't look there for a comparison either.

Anyway, he's had a huge breakout season after Haaland left. We'd have to offer some decent money to convince Red Bull not to just move him up to Leipzig to replace Werner, but surely he'd be cheaper than Werner would have been and we'd be getting him even younger so he can grow into the role.

Me to Michael Edwards right now:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Some blue tick journalist on Twitter is claiming that Messi has submitted a transfer request and has "withdrawn" from squad training. 

Yeah, apparently he wants to play for Klopp and wants it so bad he supposedly said he’ll play for free. He’s informed Barca that we’re his only destination and to get the deal done whatever it takes. Trending on Twitter now. 

• Upvote 2