You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

didn't rangers pay about 7.5m for him? doesn't seem much in it for rangers. 

They will probably try to hang on for 15m.

He's probably thought that he's fucking great now that hes had a couple of half decent seasons in Scotland and now wants to test himself in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's probably thought that he's fucking great now that hes had a couple of half decent seasons in Scotland and now wants to test himself in the Premier League.

i think he had the option to go to leeds when he joined rangers. obviously it might be different now they've been promoted. 

On 18/08/2020 at 11:49, BeefStroganoff said:

THIS. What would we have done if we had not won the prize money we have now? Gone bankrupt?

You hadn’t mentioned this shit in a week. The forum was better for it. 

Have additional money from shirt sales, at the moment, is complete nonsense.

Wasn’t New Balance £45m per season, while Nike is £30m up front plus a % of sales?

I doubt Nike are giving us a few pints every single time a shirt is sold and will

most likely send us quarterly / half yearly or annually - like most businesses would operate. 

So there is actually an argument we’re £15m down at the moment. 

You’ve already been made aware that we don’t have the CL money yet because the competition hasn’t finished.

The club is also down >£30m in season ticket money which they haven’t asked for yet and have no idea what their future earnings will be like.

The Premiership money is also down.

In the latest TWTW, Dave has stated how much the clubs bonuses have cost the club. Obviously, we’re all delighted we’re winning trophies but it comes at a cost.

Or would you prefer we followed the Everton model and won transfer windows but 0 trophies? 

Please kindly have a think / read about other that have been made on the finances before starting posting nonsense again. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's good enough for the league. Has pace, can finish. That alone makes him useful.

He's not far off Wilson really. Has some of the same issues as well. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You hadn’t mentioned this shit in a week. The forum was better for it. 

Have additional money from shirt sales, at the moment, is complete nonsense.

Wasn’t New Balance £45m per season, while Nike is £30m up front plus a % of sales?

I doubt Nike are giving us a few pints every single time a shirt is sold and will

most likely send us quarterly / half yearly or annually - like most businesses would operate. 

So there is actually an argument we’re £15m down at the moment. 

You’ve already been made aware that we don’t have the CL money yet because the competition hasn’t finished.

The club is also down >£30m in season ticket money which they haven’t asked for yet and have no idea what their future earnings will be like.

The Premiership money is also down.

In the latest TWTW, Dave has stated how much the clubs bonuses have cost the club. Obviously, we’re all delighted we’re winning trophies but it comes at a cost.

Or would you prefer we followed the Everton model and won transfer windows but 0 trophies? 

Please kindly have a think / read about other that have been made on the finances before starting posting nonsense again. 

The only one talking nonsense chum is you. Please tell me, I must have missed? Have the Premier League pulled our winnings in any way? Have they reneged on the rebate decision and we now have to pay it? Will we not get our champions league money now?

I think you'll find the answer to all of those questions as no. We will have that cash, wether its now or in the next few weeks.

You are an absolute arse.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The only one talking nonsense chum is you. Please tell me, I must have missed? Have the Premier League pulled our winnings in any way? Have they reneged on the rebate decision and we now have to pay it? Will we not get our champions league money now?

I think you'll find the answer to all of those questions as no. We will have that cash, wether its now or in the next few weeks.

You are an absolute arse.

I might be an arsehole but you obviously have the reading age of an 8 year old because what your reply says makes no sense compared to what I’ve put.

So it’s easy to follow for you...

1) Nike pay us £30m upfront, NB paid us £45m upfront. Although long term Nike should be more, currently it’s less. They won’t be sending us a BACS transfer every time they sell a shirt. 

2) CL money is delayed because the tournament hasn’t finished yet. This has been posted quite a few times - and not just by me. 

3) The Premiership money is reduced. This has been posted quite a few times  - and not just by me. 

4) The season ticket money hasn’t been requested by the club yet, so they’ve not been paid for and I assume it’s similar with hospitality packages.

Summary - All the above point to the club having less money in the coffers at the moment than normal. 

In reply to your nonsensical post...

1) I never said the Premiership have pulled our winnings, I said they have been reduced. Which they have been.

2) Your rebate comment literally makes no sense.

3) I never said the Champions League winnings have been pulled, I said they have been delayed. Which they have been.

Summary - Yes, we will have the money going forwards but it is reduced.

When you can’t renew season tickets, hospitality agreements, sponsorship obligations, no money spinning pre-season tour (ie massive question marks over future income) and are paying players higher bonuses (ie increased outgoings - which given our success, I have no problem with) you don’t have to be fucking Einstein to see that while I’m sure the club is in a healthier than most position, it’s significantly less than it would be. 

I’m not going round and round and round in circles with your again because you fail to read and digest what myself and others have continually said.

I think there is a lot of factual and indisputable points there but if you want to state otherwise and act like a dog chasing its own tail, then be my guest. 

• Upvote 2

Fabrizio Romano:

"Keep an eye on Luis Suarez situation," he tweeted. "He has not been mentioned by the president Bartomeu between the “untouchables”, Barça would be ready to sell him if they’ll receive an “important bid”. Ajax have contacted his agent and will try to get him back. Many clubs to follow."

Commence monitoring!!!

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I might be an arsehole but you obviously have the reading age of an 8 year old because what your reply says makes no sense compared to what I’ve put.

So it’s easy to follow for you...

1) Nike pay us £30m upfront, NB paid us £45m upfront. Although long term Nike should be more, currently it’s less. They won’t be sending us a BACS transfer every time they sell a shirt. 

2) CL money is delayed because the tournament hasn’t finished yet. This has been posted quite a few times - and not just by me. 

3) The Premiership money is reduced. This has been posted quite a few times  - and not just by me. 

4) The season ticket money hasn’t been requested by the club yet, so they’ve not been paid for and I assume it’s similar with hospitality packages.

Summary - All the above point to the club having less money in the coffers at the moment than normal. 

In reply to your nonsensical post...

1) I never said the Premiership have pulled our winnings, I said they have been reduced. Which they have been.

2) Your rebate comment literally makes no sense.

3) I never said the Champions League winnings have been pulled, I said they have been delayed. Which they have been.

Summary - Yes, we will have the money going forwards but it is reduced.

When you can’t renew season tickets, hospitality agreements, sponsorship obligations, no money spinning pre-season tour (ie massive question marks over future income) and are paying players higher bonuses (ie increased outgoings - which given our success, I have no problem with) you don’t have to be fucking Einstein to see that while I’m sure the club is in a healthier than most position, it’s significantly less than it would be. 

I’m not going round and round and round in circles with your again because you fail to read and digest what myself and others have continually said.

I think there is a lot of factual and indisputable points there but if you want to state otherwise and act like a dog chasing its own tail, then be my guest. 

Your are thick as shit. 

The Premier money has not been reduced!!! It was only being reduced because of rebate they would have had to pay but that now isn't the case and will be paid back much later in 21/22.

Rebate deferment - https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-rebate-coronavirus

I read your post clearly. My initial post, that you thought you would have to go out of your way for and make a prick of yourself about because its no longer about opinion on here with some, its just personal attacks on postings I make. I've noticed the default position for some of you on here is to attack and insult first rather than make a point. Its pathetic.

My point was, what would we have done without any prize money if we are acting frugal now? Bankruptcy was obvious tongue in cheek stuff but the club loves to flip the coin by saying we are cautious one minute whilst patting ourselves on the back the next with how financially savvy we are.

And to just make it absolutely crystal - the money you are talking about may not all be here now (as i said) but will be in the near future so I don't know what your justification is. If the Nike deal is so shit why did we go for it? We will make more money off it than NB in the long run.

BTW what did we do before we had money spinning pre season tours? We still spent money on the team. We've now got global reach and we are still selling merchandise all over the globe. So don't trot out the season ticket problem. That will be solved one way or another and no doubt will be short lived.

Final point - when we buy players we don't pay the cost of them upfront either its normally paid over time so again I don't know what the fuck you are going on about and how it should affect spending.

And lastly stick me on ignore. Problem solved.