You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don't see Bayern budging on the price. 

We're the two best teams in Europe by a distance (us a bit ahead of them), and I don't see why they'd try to make things in any way easy for us. I'm sure they'd rather he went elsewhere, and I'm sure others will meet the asking price. 

Bayern paid €45m for Leroy Sane who was also in the final year of his contract. He is the most obvious player to gauge a transfer fee on. Before injury Sane was a €100m player in full contract, knock 30% for the injury and he's worth €70m. He is also 5 years younger. 

Thiago is 29, wants to leave and the club seem fairly sound about letting him leave. €30m appears fairly reasonable to me, if we want him and he wants to come then a fee of that size shouldn't stop it happening, no excuses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

After everything Klopp has done for the club there shouldn't be any debate at board level. They money is there and with sales thia fee shouldn't be a problem. 

I saw that FSG don't want to spend as they are laying off people in Boston. If that's the case then they are out of order as both clubs are a completely separate entity.

THIS. What would we have done if we had not won the prize money we have now? Gone bankrupt?

This is what I was also going on about in the FSG thread, how the states is affecting business ownership this side of the pond, to which everyone jumped on my back. American ownership is a bit up shit creek at the moment and as a result european operations are taking the hit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He could find the feet of a prisoner locked in an underground cell. DANIEL STOREY paints a portrait of Thiago Alcantara: Bayern Munich's metronome; an enigma who could be on his way to Liverpool.

This bloke and our front three, you wouldn't even need to play football anymore. The rest of the side could bring deckchairs. 

"So the mancs parked the bus and Thiago just lifts the ball over their heads to Mane - ping, pow, 1-nil." 

"I go over to Big Virg, he's lying on the floor I say what are you doing? He says "I'm resting", what here you're resting?" 

"Thiago gets the ball again, he's wearing this big Spanish grin, he lifts it over their heads again straight into Mo's path - pow, ping, 2-nil."

23d95465a10ed3e44460c2e97684dcd088368a64.jpg

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Who does walk in to our team?

Probably no one. Which makes it strange to suggest we are going to shuffle people around for Thiago. If he comes that would give us a great option. I don't think we change our overall style to suit him though, and that is what was being said.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

After everything Klopp has done for the club there shouldn't be any debate at board level. They money is there and with sales thia fee shouldn't be a problem. 

I saw that FSG don't want to spend as they are laying off people in Boston. If that's the case then they are out of order as both clubs are a completely separate entity.

This reminds me of accompanying my wife as she looks for a shiny new car , "I like it so let's just give him what he wants"

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

This reminds me of accompanying my wife as she looks for a shiny new car , "I like it so let's just give him what he wants"

Don't get me wrong if we can get the fee lower then great. Sell Wilson and Grujic to get Thiago in then great.

My main concern is this supposed link between the red socks laying off people and it having an effect on us.  

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't get me wrong if we can get the fee lower then great. Sell Wilson and Grujic to get Thiago in then great.

My main concern is this supposed link between the red socks laying off people and it having an effect on us.  

Stop believe internet rumours for fuck's sake.

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Can't remember the last time I was as bored about a transfer story as I am with this one. 

Only Have to go as far back as Jamal Lewis for me and he didn’t even sign. In fact every transfer is dull as fuck unless they come out of nowhere like Fabinho. There’s too much time for people to speculate, throw in their two cents, add some Chinese whispers. 

(I appreciate I’m saying this in the transfer window thread but I’m bored as fuck)

18 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

We are of course assuming that we aren't in for anyone else.

It does seem odd though - £27m for a player Klopp rates so highly isn't huge even for a 29 year old. One thing we often ignore is signing on and agent fees though - we were amongst the highest payers no so long back.

I think we have been the highest agent greasers two years in a row.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

THIS. What would we have done if we had not won the prize money we have now? Gone bankrupt?

This is what I was also going on about in the FSG thread, how the states is affecting business ownership this side of the pond, to which everyone jumped on my back. American ownership is a bit up shit creek at the moment and as a result european operations are taking the hit.

This is tripe - I think you'll find that European operations are just as up shit creek as our American counterparts, none more so than in this country.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

Can't remember the last time I was as bored about a transfer story as I am with this one. 

Naby Keita went on for a lot longer.

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Looks like Havertz to Chelsea is a done deal unfortunately.

Lampard is clearly taking the gung ho approach, they already look sufficiently strong in attack without Ziyech, Werner and Havertz. 

I’d have thought they’d have focused efforts on the back 5.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

What's the general feeling regarding Umtiti ?  overrated originally due to the WC or just caught up in the Barca madness.

Be surprised if nobody in the Prem  took a punt at a reported £25m.

Was an excellent CB but he has chronic knee issues, it seems. Can't stay fit and Barca are desperately trying to get rid of his massive wages, which no one wants a part of. 

• Upvote 2

On 18/08/2020 at 12:15, Antynwa said:

The Club have earned enough kudos to trust them with the approach. On Thiago, I think this will get sorted after the CL 

i think its a done deal but like you say with BM still in the champions league its a case of waiting to announce it