You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Here you go, lad. 

For the near future, I'd go Denayer, Aouar and Dembele but they have a lot of interesting players.

Cornet is a really strong wing back, but we don't use those and he's pretty average as a winger. Depay is the type of versatile forward we utilize, but he's coming off a bad knee injury and there's something off about him personality wise. To me, he's a big fish, small pond type of player. Bruno Guimares and Caqueret are good, young midfielders with loads of potential, they are just unproven. Guimares is a deep lying playmaker who also has bite. Likes a foul. Caqueret is just an absolute pit bull. Never stops running and is also tidy with the ball. Leo Dubois is a good right back, but we don't need a right back. Finally, Rayan Cherki is a top young player. Only 16, big potential. 

But the 3 that I would choose. Denayer has a lot of the physical qualities to defend 1 vs 1 which we do a lot of. Seems like a great character and leader. Puts his body on the line, too. He'd be an excellent 3rd or 4th CB.

Aouar next. I don't think he's the best fit for us stylistically. I've never thought that. But his talent kind of speaks for itself. In these big games in Europe Lyon have played recently and against PSG in the league, he's never scared. He receives the ball under pressure and makes things happen on the counter. He's just a really technically gifted and smart player. I think he would take time to adapt like Fabinho did, for example, but if we have the chance to sign him for say 50m, it would be tough to be disappointed. 

And Dembele last. I think he'd be a good change of pace to our regular tactics. He's pretty clinical, he's mobile, athletic, and he's got size. He's not a tank but he can hold up physically against centre backs. Not amazing technically, but decent. If we look in the direction of buying a striker who solely plays up top at some point, we could do worse than him. 

Cheers, I’m gonna watch the replay in a minute and keep an eye out for those players. Stig has been a big fan of Dembele for years IIRC. I went for a drink here about a couple of months ago and my mate brought his brother-in-law whowith him who’s Scottish and was visiting, naturally he chatted football and he said Edouard is better than Dembele ever was for them. Are you familiar with Edouard?

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Cheers, I’m gonna watch the replay in a minute and keep an eye out for those players. Stig has been a big fan of Dembele for years IIRC. I went for a drink here about a couple of months ago and my mate brought his brother-in-law whowith him who’s Scottish and was visiting, naturally he chatted football and he said Edouard is better than Dembele ever was for them. Are you familiar with Edouard?

Edouard didn't play much in France. He was a PSG player out on loan for one season and didn't do much. And I haven't watched Scottish football so I wouldn't know about his improvement, but I've heard that too about Edouard vs. Dembele. Dembele's problem is that he's basically that pure #9 that is a bit one-dimensional these days and that's why he's on the bench sometimes like he was against City. I think Edouard is meant to be more complete. 

To be honest, I don't think I'd buy anybody from this Lyon side, or not just yet at least, but you asked. There's talent in that squad, but not anybody that I think, yeah he's a perfect fit, or we absolutely need him, he's so good. Not even Aouar, really. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Who do we think Barca will go for? The Chubby Hamster?

Whoever it is is going to walk into a no-win situation.

They are in pretty dire financial straits because of the contracts they've been handing out. Some really, really insane dealings there over the past few years.

They're going to have a major rebuild job on their hands. Probably have to sell 2-3 of the younger superstars just to get them enough cash to pay off the older players and buy out their contracts, and then start over. I don't expect them to be a force for 2-3 seasons at least, although if Messi stays they'll still be in the top 3 in La Liga just because of him.

If I were them I'd get someone in that is cheap and they can blame for all their problems 2 years from now when the rebuild enters the final stage and then get the manager they really want once they have a team that has a chance.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Aouar next. I don't think he's the best fit for us stylistically. I've never thought that. But his talent kind of speaks for itself. In these big games in Europe Lyon have played recently and against PSG in the league, he's never scared. He receives the ball under pressure and makes things happen on the counter. He's just a really technically gifted and smart player. I think he would take time to adapt like Fabinho did, for example, but if we have the chance to sign him for say 50m, it would be tough to be disappointed. 

He looked great. A very smooth operator.

I know people in the choosing your house industry and they usually tell a snide transfer story better than anyone.  They’ve got people and resources ready to go for when transfer is completed.  They wouldn’t have committed to this without knowing that the transfer was definitely happening.

• Upvote 2

It's a real bonus if we've managed to do that deal. He's a very good player. I just hope he adjusts. I thought Keita and Sahin would be incredible but one was played out of position and looked a shadow of his former self, the other has been okay and hopefully will still make it. That said, Thiago is a higher calibre in terms of experience and general play has been great. Hope it happens.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Sheff Utd signing Ramsdale from Bormurnemount. He's shite, 4/1 on them being relegated looks tasty, form fell off a cliff and now significantly weakened in the most important part of the pitch.

20 fucking million isn't 

Fucking crazy fee

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Few rumours that Bournemouth are willing to meet our asking price for Wilson. 

Where you seen this?

Personally, I’d be surprised. I’m not convinced they have the money & I think he’ll have Premiership offers.

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Where you seen this?

Personally, I’d be surprised. I’m not convinced they have the money & I think he’ll have Premiership offers.

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Few rumours that Bournemouth are willing to meet our asking price for Wilson. 

He’s not in Austria with the squad according to TIA. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hosseini, Hosseini, Hosseini

Running down the wing

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

The Iranian king

Definitely the victim of an extremely pushy parent. Poor kid probably doesn't get any time to just be a normal kid. He'll be burnt out by the time he's 9.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

Definitely the victim of an extremely pushy parent. Poor kid probably doesn't get any time to just be a normal kid. He'll be burnt out by the time he's 9.

Heard from a cabbie a few months ago that the kid is already on crack and having eight kids. Some of them he adopted from Sterling.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Elite said:

Klopp’s got him on the relaxation PED’s and JW has spent the transfer kitty on a PlayStation 5 for him. It’s all good.