You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sancho to Man United looking pretty unlikely now. Just came out with quotes saying he loves playing at Dortmund and with their players. Still in the race for the lad next summer, hopefully.

Watch the Mancs throw a load of money round on panic buys to appease their entitled bellend supporters. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Talks brewing between LFC and 17 year old German prodigy Maxwell Haus in £21million deal. Source: @TheFirmBL

Maxwell Haus? Like the coffee? I think you might have been hoodwinked.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Lack of respect? Who are these clowns? We made an offer. You rejected it and told us you wouldn’t entertain a bid below £20m. We moved on.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-liverpool-jamal-lewis-inside-story-revealed-1-6788110

Just read that, how they can call one rejected bid a 'saga' is beyond me! 

I'm surprised there hasn't been any Memphis Depay to us rumours. 1 year left on his deal. Meant to be a Sancho replacement at Dortmund but he may not be leaving.

I don't love him as a player and he tore his knee recently, but he scores and assists and he's somewhat versatile.

57 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Watch the Mancs throw a load of money round on panic buys to appease their entitled bellend supporters. 

Have they actually got that sort of money to throw around though?

United do this thing where they leak stories about how they were just about to sign Gareth Bale, but missed out on him,then sign Marouane Fellaini instead or pretend to walk away from a deal, only to go back at the end of the transfer window with their tail between their legs and stump up the full asking price no matter how much it is. 

In the last 12 months they've spent nearly 200 million on four players that wouldn't get in our starting eleven. They are now being linked with the likes of Grealish for £70/80 million! 

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been any Memphis Depay to us rumours. 1 year left on his deal. Meant to be a Sancho replacement at Dortmund but he may not be leaving.

I don't love him as a player and he tore his knee recently, but he scores and assists and he's somewhat versatile.

He’s not consistent at all, no way good enough for a club like Liverpool.  And he’s so self centered , he only plays for Depay Fc.

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

United do this thing where they leak stories about how they were just about to sign Gareth Bale, but missed out on him,then sign Marouane Fellaini instead or pretend to walk away from a deal, only to go back at the end of the transfer window with their tail between their legs and stump up the full asking price no matter how much it is. 

In the last 12 months they've spent nearly 200 million on four players that wouldn't get in our starting eleven. They are now being linked with the likes of Grealish for £70/80 million! 

The Glazers put another 120m loan facility onto them around February I think it was, probably in anticipation of buying Sancho and one or two others that the sperm of gollum wanted to buy.

So, the debt increases and people think the mancs have money to spend which they do but have to pay back with interest.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sancho to Man United looking pretty unlikely now. Just came out with quotes saying he loves playing at Dortmund and with their players. Still in the race for the lad next summer, hopefully.

Not if he's 120m, 50m agent fee and 75m for a 5 year deal. And neither should we. 

52 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They seem.to be getting their man over the last 18 months. Although almost every deal seems to have this saga. They bid, the other team says "pay the asking price or fuck off", they say "no way", come back a few weeks later, claim it's done and back we go to them being fucked off, the cycle continues until they eventually they go back and pay the original asking price. 

44 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

He’s not consistent at all, no way good enough for a club like Liverpool.  And he’s so self centered , he only plays for Depay Fc.

I don't disagree. I'm just surprised there are no rumours. Depay was a player we were scouting for a while. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Not if he's 120m, 50m agent fee and 75m for a 5 year deal. And neither should we. 

If he stays another season, Dortmund will be more accommodating next year. And also, if it's in the guise of maybe replacing Salah or Mane, I don't see why a 100m player like Sancho would be out of the question. Maybe not and we would spread it out over multiple positions, but maybe so. 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If he stays another season, Dortmund will be more accommodating next year. And also, if it's in the guise of maybe replacing Salah or Mane, I don't see why a 100m player like Sancho would be out of the question. Maybe not and we would spread it out over multiple positions, but maybe so. 

I don't think our current ownership will ever sign a player and he comes in on day 1 as our highest earner. That's what it'd take to get Sancho as his current salary would already make him our 2nd highest earner and if Salah was to go to fund it, he'd earn more than any Liverpool player while playing  at Dortmund. 

I'm not sure why Dortmund would be more accommodating next season unless they have an agreement with the player to do so. And I don't see how the agent fees come down. But even if that can be smoothed out, I still see the wages as an issue. 

Ismaila Sarr has admitted that he “would love” to play for Liverpool as rumours of a potential summer switch to Anfield rumble on. 

Sarr has been heavily linked with a move away from Watford since they were relegated from the Premier League last month.

And Jurgen Klopp is understood to be considering making an offer for the Senegalese winger. The Reds are looking for back-up options to Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah in the wide attacking positions.

Watford will reportedly demand £40million for their record signing should they receive an approach. The 22-year-old joined for £27million from Stade Rennais ahead of the 2019/20 season.

It is unlikely the Merseyside club will be willing to pay that much, but a swoop has not been ruled out.

Sarr has now been asked for his thoughts on the reports linking him with the Merseyside outfit. Speaking to Senegalese outlet Sans Limites, cited on the Evening Standard, he said: “Liverpool are a really great team, everyone would love to play there.

“They won the Premier League this year and the Champions League last year. But there are other great teams in the English league.

“Frankly, I have yet to make a choice. If I am to leave, I just hope it is for a good team. At the moment, it is just guesswork.”

Despite all the talk regarding his future, it is unclear whether Watford will be willing to let Sarr go. That is something the player is aware of, and states he will play in the Championship if that’s what the Hornets want.

“I still have years left on my contract with Watford; another four years,” he added.

“If Watford want me to stay, I’ll play in the Championship. A departure depends on them as well as me. This is normal.”