You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Italians = Mingebags

They'll offer 50% of his wages on a 2 year loan deal with a option to buy

and to expand on this point, why do Italian clubs always try to do these deals.. it’s a rhetorical question obviously but I will never understand why other clubs agree to it. 

MILAN IN BAKAYOKO TALKS

AC Milan in talks to sign Tiemoue Bakayoko from Chelsea, according to Sky Italy.

The Serie A club want a loan deal with option to buy and are willing to pay €3m (£2.7m) loan fee and €35 (£31.5m) option to buy. 

Chelsea signed Bakayoko for £40m from Monaco three years ago and has spent the past two seasons on loan at AC Milan and Monaco

Gini Wijnaldum’s camp are still waiting for Liverpool to open talks about a new contract at Liverpool, according to Sky Sports.

The midfield powerhouse made 35 Premier League starts, scoring four times as the Reds marched to their first top-flight title in 30 years. Although failing to trouble the headline writers and plaudits, Wijnaldum has been integral to Liverpool’s title success.

And he is believed to be well liked by boss Jurgen Klopp after he arrived from Newcastle for £25million in the summer of 2016. In fact he was one of Klopp’s first significant signings in the summer of 2016. There’s no way that Klopp could replace the six-goal star for that sort of money and, as per the source, they are not actively looking to add to their midfield options. That means that the Thiago Alcantara speculation is coming from the Bayern Munich man’s camp. TEAMtalk told you last month that Klopp was not interested in a move for Thiago, but the talk from Germany has been non stop.

However, if the Wijnaldum situation does not change, then so might Klopp’s plans. The Dutch midfielder has entered the final 12 months or his deal and there have been no sign of talks over an extension. That in itself is strange for a club whose transfer negotiations have been pretty flawless over the last few years.

Wijnaldum ‘loves playing for the club’

Sky maintain that Wijnaldum “loves playing for the club and there is no suggestion” the 29-year-old will leave. Last month The Atheltic’s Liverpool correspondent James Pearce was quoted as saying the midfielder’s future was “uncertain”. Pearce said, via LFC Transferoom: “Uncertainty continues over Wijnaldum’s future. If it’s not resolved soon then they’ll have to decide whether to sell him or keep him like they did with Emre (Can) knowing he will probably leave for nothing next summer.”

In contrast to that respected Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano said the Reds had begun talks last month. He claimed in The Guardian that Liverpool were hopeful of agreeing an extension after “positive talks” with the midfielder. The evidence of that appears non-existent and from next January, Wijnaldum will be able to speak to foreign clubs.

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Where is Lille getting all the funds this year ? Think they snapped up UTD youngster also and immediately loaned him out. 

They sold Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen (we were linked to him recently too - probably agent bollocks) to Napoli for something like 70 million Euros. They may have sold one or two others too.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Fuck off Pep.

I was about to say I get the impression most players who have played for him think he’s a complete knobhead.  I looked up if any players have ever followed him from his previous club and there’s only one and it’s actually Thiago.

It’s funny that this fair fee thing keeps doing the rounds though.  He’s got a year on his contract and then he’s going for free.  I know that’s not the exact amount that a buying club would save because the player would want a better signing on fee but still I find it strange when clubs still pay stupid fees for players at that stage of a contract.

I can see us doing that loan to buy deal that was mooted about Palace and Sarr, not sure about us putting £40m down this summer. Seems mad to add another African forward in to the mix with the ACON but who knows what we’ll look like come then. If we can swap Wilson and Shaqiri for the price of Sarr I reckon Klopp does that deal.

I think there will be plenty of better options for us than Sarr if the fee really is £40m. He's very inconsistent and the ACoN thing will be a big issue.

Loaning him with an option to buy doesn't really make much sense either - if he's shit, we've wasted a year's loan fee + wages, if he's good it'll push his price up even more, and then he'll go to the ACoN halfway through the season anyway.

6 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think there will be plenty of better options for us than Sarr if the fee really is £40m. He's very inconsistent and the ACoN thing will be a big issue.

Loaning him with an option to buy doesn't really make much sense either - if he's shit, we've wasted a year's loan fee + wages, if he's good it'll push his price up even more, and then he'll go to the ACoN halfway through the season anyway.

Presumably it would be a deal with a fixed fee.

The Sarr link is laughable.  We didn’t sign Werner for a cut price because of the financial situation yet we are going to spend well in excess of 40m for winger who had about 3 good games all year.  His self entitled twat of a reaction that time he got subbed would have been enough to put the club off regardless.  He literally had a good game against us and that’s it for some of our fans.

This stinks of Watford putting it out there that Liverpool are in interested because it’s the best way of getting someone else to bid for him.  As has been pointed out he’s going to be playing in ACN and he’s on a long deal.  Edwards wouldn’t even bother calling them even if they rated the player.

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The Sarr link is laughable.  We didn’t sign Werner for a cut price because of the financial situation yet we are going to spend well in excess of 40m for winger who had about 3 good games all year.  His self entitled twat of a reaction that time he got subbed would have been enough to put the club off regardless.  He literally had a good game against us and that’s it for some of our fans.

This stinks of Watford putting it out there that Liverpool are in interested because it’s the best way of getting someone else to bid for him.  As has been pointed out he’s going to be playing in ACN and he’s on a long deal.  Edwards wouldn’t even bother calling them even if they rated the player.

I don't think we're signing Sarr either, but financially it's nowhere near the same as with Werner. Werner wanted wages on par with our top earners and had a buyout clause which meant having to pay the whole fee at once.

In theory, we could sign Sarr for like 25m with a bunch of add-ons and give him like 70k a week. He'd be way cheaper.