You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I saw the second half vs Wolwes. Tsimikas was good, aggressive, a bit nasty, not too afraid of d strategic dive known as a foreign behavior.

He seems to have way more experience than the Norwich lad.

and cheaper.

18 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Even for Klopp 8 midfielders seems an awful lot. We know he doesn't like to have people sitting around.

There is alot of time left to make some moves. TBH I think Milner going to Leeds is more realistic than us binning Gini off. If he is going/wants to play for Leeds in the Prem this may be his only chance - they are no lock to stay up.

Wait - eight?? Are you counting Thiago?

Fabinho

Henderson

Wiji

Keita

AOC

Jones

Milner

36 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Even for Klopp 8 midfielders seems an awful lot. We know he doesn't like to have people sitting around.

Also anyone else surprised by the apparent lack of interest in free agent Ryan Fraser? I'd have thought some quality side would fancy a punt on him!

Personally I think Fraser is shite, although I wouldn't have been too surprised for us to sign him to sell. He's not close to the player Shaq is, but if someone told me we were selling Shaq and getting Fraser I wouldn't be shocked. Last I heard only palace were in for him, although he seems a  bit of a brandolf signing to me. Maybe not expensive enough for brandolf, he'd be in if it was at 30m

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I agree that wages play a huge part.

If it were one or the other I think Klopp would choose Wiinaldaum - just a hunch about the way he works. 

We have had Gini on relatively low wages - think I read he was the second lowest in the starting 11, maybe only Robertson on less if you count Matip.

I would imagine if we offered Gini the 150k being bandied about for Thiago he would jump at signing that. We won't though.

And I think you are right - there will only be one signing of note, if it is Thiago forget about a decent forward.

And we literally know Gini can do what we need. He’s performed for us. As good as Thiago is, it’s still a bit of a risk.  I always think of when Man Utd signed Veron. I was resigned to them winning the treble every year after that, and he was dogshit for them. My preference is Gini signing a contract 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Personally I think Fraser is shite, although I wouldn't have been too surprised for us to sign him to sell. He's not close to the player Shaq is, but if someone told me we were selling Shaq and getting Fraser I wouldn't be shocked. Last I heard only palace were in for him, although he seems a  bit of a brandolf signing to me. Maybe not expensive enough for brandolf, he'd be in if it was at 30m

Unfortunately I think Fraser will find a club and we will be stuck with Shaqiri

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Unfortunately I think Fraser will find a club and we will be stuck with Shaqiri

You'd like to swap them? 

I'm not too worried if we sell Shaq as long as we get a decent replacement as he's certainly struggled with injuries, but he's a good player who's goal contributions per minute (assists and goals) must be pretty high during his time with us. But I wouldn't class Fraser as an adequate replacement, in fact I'd sooner Wilson before Fraser. 

4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

You'd like to swap them? 

I'm not too worried if we sell Shaq as long as we get a decent replacement as he's certainly struggled with injuries, but he's a good player who's goal contributions per minute (assists and goals) must be pretty high during his time with us. But I wouldn't class Fraser as an adequate replacement, in fact I'd sooner Wilson before Fraser. 

No - I am saying Fraser will find a club and play a part.

Do you think Shaqiri will ever play for us again? Even if - he is still on the payroll?

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

No - I am saying Fraser will find a club and play a part.

Do you think Shaqiri will ever play for us again? Even if - he is still on the payroll?

He will play if we don't sell him, of course he will. His issue is he can't stay fit. And it doesn't even seem to be major injuries, it just seems one small muscle injury after another, unless the club have been playing it down. 

8 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

He will play if we don't sell him, of course he will. His issue is he can't stay fit. And it doesn't even seem to be major injuries, it just seems one small muscle injury after another, unless the club have been playing it down. 

He has been out of the picture for over a year with "injury". We paid Clyne to sit it out and could have used him at times FFS.

I do not think he will be even in the squad most weeks if he doesn't move on. Origi, Minamino, Jones and AOC all ahead of him for any minutes - that is before you think about getting Elliott some time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Brighton have their own battles in the Premier League so having four centre backs while also being involved in two Cup competitions is about right. If Brighton want to sell, they can but I don't think they have to because of too many players. 

I don’t think Ben White would want to stay at Brighton playing only half of the league games, or Dunk, or Adam Webster... Put it this way, I’d be surprised if all four of them remain at the club when the season starts/the transfer window closes. 

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has been out of the picture for over a year with "injury". We paid Clyne to sit it out and could have used him at times FFS.

I do not think he will be even in the squad most weeks if he doesn't move on. Origi, Minamino, Jones and AOC all ahead of him for any minutes - that is before you think about getting Elliott some time.

I still think he'll get time if he stays and I'd sooner see him in the front 3 than AOC and he's ahead of Elliot imo. I don't think he'll stay though. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Can't be bothered watching the video. What's the verdict?

Would be too clunky in FIFA 20 FUT. 

Other than that the Brazilian leagues are shit, so hard to judge from what I saw. Showed some nice skills though. Didn't seem fast but more of a physical type of striker/winger with good technique. 

Disclaimer only viewed a small sample. 

44 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Can't be bothered watching the video. What's the verdict?

This is the Brazilian Lewandowski. For me, Talles is a unique player. He’s a Brazilian player who is hungry for the ball. He’s embarrassed if he loses the ball. He’s 6ft 1in but in terms of football talent he’s 6ft 7in.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is the Brazilian Lewandowski. For me, Talles is a unique player. He’s a Brazilian player who is hungry for the ball. He’s embarrassed if he loses the ball. He’s 6ft 1in but in terms of football talent he’s 6ft 7in.

Sounds rubbish. Do not want.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, aRdja said:

All that from a YouTube clip?