You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Probably considering Sarr in case someone is daft enough to stump up £30m for Origi. Anything over a pittance will be dependant on player sales I reckon.

Lovren-Lewis

Origi-Sarr

If he goes Gini-Thiago

With Wilson, Shaq, Grujic and any other fringe players funding the excess on those transfers/Yacht extension.

Squad needs fresh blood, wouldn’t be such a bad window if we just do a bit of spring cleaning and take a couple of speculative punts. Not great but not disastrous.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Someone mentioned it above. If you buy Thiago, you then have more versatility with the squad and you have the extra midfield depth so that you can use Fabinho at CB and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the forward line if you need. 

Ox only works in the front 3 with a proper number 9 IMO, as he’s more of a midfielder, so he doesn’t really make the runs Salah and Mane make. However, swap Firmino with say Jimenez or Dzeko then it’d work much better. There’s Callum Wilson that fits that profile, who is a better striker than Origi and a more natural striker than Bobby, that we could look to bring in.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Probably considering Sarr in case someone is daft enough to stump up £30m for Origi. Anything over a pittance will be dependant on player sales I reckon.

Lovren-Lewis

Origi-Sarr

If he goes Gini-Thiago

With Wilson, Shaq, Grujic and any other fringe players funding the excess on those transfers/Yacht extension.

Squad needs fresh blood, wouldn’t be such a bad window if we just do a bit of spring cleaning and take a couple of speculative punts. Not great but not disastrous.

Villa are allegedly interested in Origi but they value him around half that. Wilson is a target for Newcastle but again they are only willing to pay about £15m. 

52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuinely shameful that we’re rummaging about in a jumble sale again after all that Klopp has achieved, heaven knows why he puts up with it but thank fuck that he does, if he jibbed it we’d be utterly fucked

You'll be getting told you're a hysterical fanny next and told to fuck off and support Man City or Chelsea.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

You'll be getting told you're a hysterical fanny next and told to fuck off and support Man City or Chelsea.

That's the spirit. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuinely shameful that we’re rummaging about in a jumble sale again after all that Klopp has achieved, heaven knows why he puts up with it but thank fuck that he does, if he jibbed it we’d be utterly fucked

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

That is a hysterical fanny comment and it's basically a copy paste of what's written in this thread every day. Yeah, we don't spend loads, but Klopp has a world class starting 11. He's not exactly managing Everton level players. 

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That is a hysterical fanny comment and it's basically a copy paste of what's written in this thread every day. Yeah, we don't spend loads, but Klopp has a world class starting 11. He's not exactly managing Everton level players. 

I really don't get it. The confidence and self belief that Klopp has is clearly spreading through the entire club and you'd think that a man who has achieved what he has on the resources he has would get some recognition. Although I'm sure people realise just how good he is, I'm not convinced that people actually realise that constantly moaning about what other teams are doing in the transfer market says so much more about the mess that other clubs are in than it does about this club's ambition. 

I've now had three posters say they're pissed off with my support behind FSG and what they have achieved after appointing Klopp that I'm beginning to wonder what it is they actually want. 

This thread genuinely has become really fucking hard to masturbate to and I hope it gets locked down. 

9 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

To be honest this thread is dedicated as much to moaning than transfer/ target / monitoring ect. It’s part of the fun, especially when Liverpool is not playing, isn’t it ? 

It's possible I have been looking at it all wrong and there is indeed a house of fun to be found in this thread. 

@Tony Moanero King of Moaners - please enlighten me with your words and pictures of wisdom? 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Ox only works in the front 3 with a proper number 9 IMO, as he’s more of a midfielder, so he doesn’t really make the runs Salah and Mane make. However, swap Firmino with say Jimenez or Dzeko then it’d work much better. There’s Callum Wilson that fits that profile, who is a better striker than Origi and a more natural striker than Bobby, that we could look to bring in.

Is this a bit that you're doing?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It's possible I have been looking at it all wrong and there is indeed a house of fun to be found in this thread. 

@Tony Moanero King of Moaners - please enlighten me with your words and pictures of wisdom? 

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since them Millwall slags turned down our £2m offer for Cherno Samba, it still freaks my nut out to this day.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Thanks, Comrade Mikahail Suslov, these heretics need to be kept in the party line.

I think the point some overlook is that Jurgen has an ability to turn 'ordinary' players into better ones. He's done that at Mainz, Dortmund and now Liverpool and although I cannot speak for Mainz or Dortmund, of the players he signs, his 'fails' are remarkably few and far between. Only Karius didnt kick on and improve so far.

Im certain Jurgen has no qualms about paying top dollar for a top player if and when he thinks there is a need. He also strikes me as a manager who prefers to shape raw talent and hunger in preference to stroking the 'super star' ego of some of the bigger name players out there.

• Upvote 1