You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Yea City spending £60m after selling Sane means they're definitely going to need investigated again. 

Jesus christ.   Fsg really have conditioned people into thinking top premier league clubs need to sell to buy or their owners must be pumping money in. 

You do realise there's this thing called Covid 19? Sort of damaged peoples finances? And neither of us have any idea how much City will be spending this summer - I'm just saying it's possible.

6 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

You do realise there's this thing called Covid 19? Sort of damaged peoples finances? And neither of us have any idea how much City will be spending this summer - I'm just saying it's possible.

DON’T TALK SENSE, I’M IRRATIONALLY ANGRY AND NEED TO MAKE THE SAME POINT AGAIN BECAUSE ITS SO INSIGHTFUL THE FORUM NEEDS TO SEE IT FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

The gossip pages will have you believe that they’re also in for Koulibaly, Lautaro Martinez and Joao Felix

they really don’t give a fuck now 

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How’s this Olympiakos left back, Konstantinos Tsimikas, looked against Wolves?

Undoubtedly better than Lewis but the way he's mentioned in these articles, he just sounds like a throwaway name to make it seem like we'd buy someone else. It's not said whether he'd want to come be a backup or what his price is.  

• Upvote 1

On 03/08/2020 at 22:02, Red74 said:

Hope we sign someone soon for stupid money before our old friend Rashid has an aneurysm. Poor lads on the brink going by his twitter.com posts 

He's fucking barmy on there. Slagging FSG for dropping a "super successful Peter Moore", yet only a couple of months ago he was calling Moore an idiot and enabler of FSG not investing. Man has about 6 different personalities.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Code said:

If Coutinho ends up at another PL club this summer I will be devestated. Bring him back, he will be perfect for us.

I don't know if it would be in his best interest to come back. He's been at his best when he's been his team's best player and can take a million touches and shoot on sight. We're too good for that now. Realistically, he should go somewhere where he can have a free role and enjoy his football. That's not here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

It clearly hasn't wiped every teams transfer funds out, except Liverpool.  Who also managed to lose their budget last year on contract renewels.

An excuse last heard under hicks and Gillette. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

So they sold to buy?

Nope, city aren't having to sell or else leaving their manager short again. 

Thank god they've done away with the five subs rule.  Great news for small clubs who have no quality on the bench and Liverpool who decide you don't need one. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oh no, definitely not.

So their next business is Stones and Otamendi out and Koulibaly in?

God knows but one thing we do know for sure is a top premier league team that goes deep in the CL isn't having money pumped in just cause they can spend 30m or so.