You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The selling club sets the valuation not the buying club. 

Obviously, I was replying to someone saying that's a realistic fee for him.  Which it isn't he's an average player.

Norwich can set whatever fee they want.  He won't sell for that so its an unrealistic fee.

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Have you seen the fees we’ve demanded for shit? 

I don’t like it but it’s the way it works. 

We couldn't even get what we wanted for a League, Champs League wining full international centre back.  I'm not interested what happened before the Crisis most clubs are feeling the pinch with.

As I've said I hope Norwich stick to that valuation.

Bit of a difference between a 31 year old centre back, proven to be utter shite, never going to get any better and a young 22 year old English premium full back. 

If we're judging signings by the Robertson fee.  Get used to people pretending Milner can still do a job there. 

6 hours ago, The Gaul said:

Yeah, that's before everyone realised he's shit. 

Accustomed to English football suggests he's already a success. As far as I'm concerned he's offered absolutely fuck all at the top level to suggest he's good enough to play in the premier league. Odoi might one day turn out to be a good footballer, but this summer he'd probably cost us almost as much as Werner would have. It would be a signing of Bournemouth proportions of stupidness from us. And there's not a chance it'll happen. 

Of course with him we’d buy for his potential, he’s not the finished article as he’s only 19. If you’ve seen him play you could see that he’s got  all the tools to make it, he just needs to put it all together. He’s shown and done more than Salah and Mane at the same age. As far as LW prospects go, he’s the best I’ve seen in the league.  

16 minutes ago, mattyq said:

As he plays for Norn Ireland this argument wouldn't be a very good one

The fact Norwich hardly spent last summer, are a financially stable club, have 3 years of guaranteed parachute payments, players contracts automatically reduced in the event of relegation and they’re in no position to sell their best players for shit fees. 

Why the fuck would they sell a LB with a years experience of playing in the prem for less than the LB that turned us down when he moved from the championship last year? 

28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Why the fuck would they sell a LB with a years experience of playing in the prem for less than the LB that turned us down when he moved from the championship last year? 

Cuz they have just bought a new one and have Byram playing there as well?

2 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

He'd be the first Northern Irish international to play for the Liverpool first team in 65 years apparently. 

Anything is possible at the moment but the main thing is he would be very unlikely not to be covered if there were quotas for foreign players introduced.

44 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The fact Norwich hardly spent last summer, are a financially stable club, have 3 years of guaranteed parachute payments, players contracts automatically reduced in the event of relegation and they’re in no position to sell their best players for shit fees. 

Dunno. Maybe he'll do a Coutinho and force their hand?

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

If a club as fucked up as Bristol City can get £13m for a LB who hadn’t even been that great in the championship then there’s no way Norwich are selling for less. 

He is a wantaway. I think you are right about our original mingebag offer ( if it really was 8m).

I think they end up somewhere in the middle 12 or 13m and probably some add-ons

A lad like this and Thiago would be a good window.

There is no real interest from anyone on Origi and not heard any noises about him wanting out so I don't see how we ditch him. Also I think Klopp would give Minamino a real shot before giving up on him - and someone high up must think alot of Brewster the way they have built him up.

It'd be nothing but failure if we don't address the front three yet again.   Another season looking at the bench knowing there's no point bringing on Origi, another season praying none of the front three get injured and having to bring them off the bench on the rare occasion one is rested cause we're shit with Origi stinking the gaff out 

3 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Still think we need a winger if shaq goes, but not a clue who.

Origi would be better if he went for his own sake I think, but he just seems to not give a shit or is just happy to be here..

Not sure we will be able to sell either of them in this market.

I think the story about Larouci is not true - they just paid 5 mil for a young left back.

15 mil will do the deal I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Still think we need a winger if shaq goes, but not a clue who.

Origi would be better if he went for his own sake I think, but he just seems to not give a shit or is just happy to be here..

Josh King would be fantastic IMO. Would cover so many positions and proven in the league.

82EBDFBC-4492-4C19-AE23-542A10C20F0C.jpeg