You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 minute ago, Mcfaggen said:

I've probably watched Jamal Lewis play all his games for Northern Ireland. He is rapid (was a decent level athlete at school apparently) and can play football on the deck, and he has a great temperament for a kid. Perfect defensively, no, but he has time to learn. When we played Germany in Belfast in 2019 he had a pretty good game considering the opposition (facing up to Werner & Brandt). 

As a back up to Robbo I think he'd be good. He wouldn't be rushed in, he'd get his three months to work on the system in training, etc. and I reckon he'd be pretty ready come the winter schedule. £10m seems reasonable, £20m seems unreasonable, if Laurouchi is going the other way, maybe there's a price in the middle both teams might think works. 

I used to work with a guy from Norwich, I messaged him before... he said similar things (kind of).

“Not good enough for first team yet, but reckon Klopp could make him a great player - seems a lovely kid with no ego”

• Like 1

I find it odd people wouldn't want a back up left back?  Last season when one of Trent or Robertson were missing we lost out attacking impetus.  For how we play, full back is literally one of our most important positions, if not the most important.  We need back up that is similar to the player that's there. Not a complete change to a defensive fullback every time one of them is suspended or injured.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I find it odd people wouldn't want a back up left back?  Last season when one of Trent or Robertson were missing we lost out attacking impetus.  For how we play, full back is literally one of our most important positions, if not the most important.  We need back up that is similar to the player that's there. Not a complete change to a defensive fullback every time one of them is suspended or injured.

Was thinking the same. The fact we are looking at strengthening the squad in this position has perked me right up today. Don't rate Larouci (spelling) too highly and he wants offski anyway what's not to like about this bit of business ?

This redundancy shit with Arsenal is disgusting. 

Due to financial impact of corna virus we are getting rid of 55 staff. But we are still  trying to sign Coutinho/Willian(got to be 400k a week there) sign a CB and give Aubameyang a new deal. 

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I don't see the correlation. Anyway, I'm too busy looking at the league trophy we'd never win under these owners to care too much about the bullshit. 

Fine, but expecting the manager to keep fashioning silk purses out of sows' ears is no guarantee of future success, I would venture.

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This redundancy shit with Arsenal is disgusting. 

Due to financial impact of corna virus we are getting rid of 55 staff. But we are still  trying buying sign Coutinho/Willian(got to be 400k a week there) sign a CB and give Aubameyang a new deal. 

1, 2 there we go.

2 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

The funny thing about that is they turned down a £36m bid from Bayern for him and gave him a huge wage rise.

Yeah, that's before everyone realised he's shit. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Rapid, too footed, a good dribbler, and most importantly he’s already accustomed to English football. 

Accustomed to English football suggests he's already a success. As far as I'm concerned he's offered absolutely fuck all at the top level to suggest he's good enough to play in the premier league. Odoi might one day turn out to be a good footballer, but this summer he'd probably cost us almost as much as Werner would have. It would be a signing of Bournemouth proportions of stupidness from us. And there's not a chance it'll happen. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Code said:

I think that the criticism the club got in March when they wanted to furlough staff play a part in all this. 

Do you think they’ve thought “Fuck you cunts, you’re not getting any new signings. Now get out there and buy those Nike kits!”?