You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Not fsg. Theres a difference between strategy and making do. And Jurgen makes do.

Henderson, Fabinho and Gini to name a few have all played out of position in the last two seasons. Shouldn't happen.

Just as well then, when I’ve referenced the first team, selection and solutions, I haven’t said it was John Henry, Tom Werner or even Linda Pizzuti making the decisions and clearly said in my previous post those solutions come from Klopp.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Just as well then, when I’ve referenced the first team, selection and solutions, I haven’t said it was John Henry, Tom Werner or even Linda Pizzuti making the decisions and clearly said in my previous post those solutions come from Klopp.

We'll he tapped up Werner before the owners pulled the rug so clearly knows we need a forward at the very least. 

Where's that fit into your trust Jurgen doing fuck all is right bullshit. 

9 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This is the problem. Certain people on here accredit FSG with our achievements in the past 24 months. Other people see those achievements as things Jurgen has accomplished in spite of the restrictions placed upon him by a bunch of tight fisted cunts.

Stop telling people they need to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. The only person we need to do that for is Jurgen, and it's fairly fucking obvious that not investing in the playing squad is not his decision, but one made by his bosses.

IMO the people in charge are Klopp & co. Read the rest of my posts before posting again before coming to your own conclusions please.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

And no one is fucking arguing about that are they? The problem isn't the playing side, its the ownership side.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Well henderson at RB? Dropped a few points to Leicester and West ham, cost us the title.

U wot??

Leicester scored on a set piece - the other game I can only assume you mean Milner was the Right Back -- I know those fellas look alike but still. That was the goal Keita lost someone on a set piece. So:

Just now, Grinch said:

We'll he tapped up Werner before the owners pulled the rug so clearly knows we need a forward at the very least. 

If only we had, I don’t know, until October to make alternative arrangements?

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few journos are just now tweeting that United's attempts to sign Sancho might be stalling due to unrealistic demands re: the fee and wages. They suggest that United might walk away and look elsewhere as the deals proposed don't acknowledge the changed market due to Coronavirus. 

It could be a briefed leak though to try and force Dortmund's hand. 

Ornstein just said this. He's not affiliated to Man United like say Pearce and Reddy for us. It's probably true. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

U wot??

Leicester scored on a set piece - the other game I can only assume you mean Milner was the Right Back -- I know those fellas look alike but still. That was the goal Keita lost someone on a set piece. So:

Ok wrong personnel just swap Milner for Hendo in match 2. Point is we had no right back to call upon. Just like we had no left back vs Everton and Gomez had to stand in.

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Nobody is arguing with this though? 

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Henderson, Fabinho and Gini to name a few have all played out of position in the last two seasons. Shouldn't happen.

Errrrrm......??????

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Klopp and the club have operated on buying x specific player, or nobody, often in the past. It doesn't mean he thinks we need a forward. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp and the club have operated on buying x specific player, or nobody often in the past. It doesn't mean he thinks we need a forward. 

Have they fuck.  This shit keeps getting spouted because of VVD.  Reality is, no Coutimho sale, no Virgil at Liverpool. 

10 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I can see the rationale for our approach given the type of ownership we have. I would have been pretty certain pre-pandemic that Mane or Salah would have moved on this summer so there is that upside too. 

On a side note, I’d be more worried about Man United if they upgraded on their goalkeeper and back four. Chelsea seem to be going for a similar approach so far in terms of only signing attacking players. 

Was in the car today and talkshite seem convinced they're buying dunk from Brighton. Dunno what I think about that. I've never watched him hard enough, he seems solid enough, but he never occured to me as a too 4 center back. 

10 hours ago, John102 said:

I would imagine that Chelsea and Utd are just trying to take advantage of the market. 

Prior to lockdown, neither would probably have expected to be able to get Sancho, Werner or Havertz. They would prob have gone to other teams. 

Perhaps they think these guys are going to be the top players of their generation and have to strike now to get them, even if they are week in other areas. Perhaps it was now or never to get these attacking players, so they have had to sacrifice the defence for a year. Who knows. 

In the case of Utd, given the age of the attacking players, they certainly have a few years to sort the defence. 

This thing about Werner, Sancho and havertz being the players of this generation. It's possible, but I can't help but think it seems pretty unlikely all 3 were playing in Germany, moved to the uk in the same summer. I'm not saying they're not good players, but I feel pretty sure there'll be similar level players available next season. And as we've shown with the 3 forwards we have playing for us right now, you don't always need to be the player the bellends on a forum recognise, you can often just be a good player elsewhere and have the chance to work with klopp. They're not the 1st 3 forwards to becomes superstars on his watch. 

That doesn't mean we shouldn't invest this year, I just don't think it means there won't be any stars for a generation. 

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

In reality we need to cover a couple of positions and bring in one player up top with a bit of quality. With sales and a few bob it should be not too difficult for Jurgen. We should have money available though, it’s a conundrum wrapped in a blanket on the deck of a yacht sailing down the Mersey dredging for gold in a river of mud.

Personally I'm more stressed about us starting the next cycle and maybe putting the front 3 under a little pressure than I am about filling squad gaps. Klopp has shown he's great at getting players to fill in (and yes at times.it costs us, I think full back cost us the title last year and goalkeeper the chance of another big ears this). We don't want this squad to get stale and there's no doubt winning teams thrive from some internal competition. 

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

Something fishy going on with the club. Up until covid 19 we were in the strongest financial position in our history. Hell, few clubs in the world could match our revenue so why are suddenly getting stingy? Some rumourmongers have said that FSG's businesses in the USA are struggling due to covid 19 and that they're using our money to help prop them up. It sounded ridiculous but the longer it appears we aren't signing anyone, the more believable the rumours become. 

I don't think there's any all of a sudden at all. They've always been tight and only spent when we sell and they've done that since our very 1st window with them owning the club. Covid is purely just the latest excuse not to spend. 

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We were never in for Mbappe, most of the stuff in the e ho is clickbait shite from other sources 99% of journalist local or not know nothing.

That started as a joke from the anfield wrap lot and so many of our fans are so gullible, they've taken it on to the point where the press run it for click bait. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Wonder how much this piece of propaganda cost? 

Zero. Just continued access in return for continued "news"

24 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I defy any footballer who has actually heard Solskjaer speak to think its a good idea to sign for him.  

In Lingaard, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood etc he has the makings of quite a dressing room, one which will run rings round him whilst swapping advice on starting fashion labels 

The thing is the players are outlasting the manager there. They'll get paid a fortune and if he proves to be a failure, they'll get another manager. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Errrrrm......??????

What are you on about? Im talking about a billon dollar Club that doesn't have adequate cover in certain positions. What the fuck has that got to do with Jurgen? If I've got no right back ill stick in someone who can plug the gap. he's not gonna play 10 men is he? Point is he shouldn't fucking have to. 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They aren't in charge though. You must have missed that bit. 

In terms of first team selections & solutions etc, Klopp is in charge. I’ve made that very clear. 

You must have missed that bit. 

As for the ownership, yes I’d like reinforcements in our weaker areas. I said the same last summer & have said the same this evening. However, if it’s not forthcoming, I trust Klopp to find solutions.

Again, you must have missed that bit. 

I think I’ve been very clear with what I’m saying here.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ok wrong personnel just swap Milner for Hendo in match 2. Point is we had no right back to call upon. Just like we had no left back vs Everton and Gomez had to stand in.

Just to be clear -- you watched these games and concluded that we dropped points because of the performances we got from the right back?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Just to be clear -- you watched these games and concluded that we dropped points because of the performances we got from the right back?

The performances where poor across the team, but take Trent out or Robbo and we aint the same. We dropped 4 points where we shouldn't have.

This team relies on attacking fullbacks and the three up top to cause mayhem. Lose any of those and the balance is off and the quality drops a notch.

What are you on about? Im talking about a billon dollar Club that doesn't have adequate cover in certain positions. What the fuck has that got to do with Jurgen? If I've got no right back ill stick in someone who can plug the gap. he's not gonna play 10 men is he? Point is he shouldn't fucking have to. 

Top managers use versatile players in different positions all the time, mate. How long have you been watching football?

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In terms of first team selections & solutions etc, Klopp is in charge. I’ve made that very clear. 

You must have missed that bit. 

As for the ownership, yes I’d like reinforcements in our weaker areas. I said the same last summer & have said the same this evening. However, if it’s not forthcoming, I trust Klopp to find solutions.

Again, you must have missed that bit. 

I think I’ve been very clear with what I’m saying here.

Well why are we arguing? My beef aint with Jurgen being creative, he's doing his job the best he can. My point is he shouldn't have to do that.

3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I thought that was old news and they'd got past that. Dortmund have accepted dough up front can't be done in this market, so it's 80 spread as normal, 30 in add ons? 

It seems that a bunch of the United journos, plus Ornstein have put out a story saying nothing is close. Suggests it was probably a brief and just a negotiating thing. Thought it was just Ornstein, not the United people. 

• Upvote 1

The performances where poor across the team, but take Trent out or Robbo and we aint the same. We dropped 4 points where we shouldn't have.

This team relies on attacking fullbacks and the three up top to cause mayhem. Lose any of those and the balance is off and the quality drops a notch.

So the assumption is we should have a back up to those two players where there would be no drop off?

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I pointed out that when he doesn’t have the personnel, Klopp finds solutions.

I then list several solutions Klopp has come with, which French Eye Glass said nobody is disagreeing with. 

In the next post, I found you disagreeing with the solutions Klopp has come up with.

Is it ideal players playing out of position? Clearly not. Is it sometimes necessary in football? Yes. Ideally would this happen often? No. Has Klopp made the absolute best of the hand he’s got? Clearly.

I don’t think it’s me who should be questioning their own thoughts & views.