You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The people in charge don't deserve the benefit of the doubt because they play the same hand year on year. Jurgen gets the benefit but you can't tell me he doesn't want any more players?

Also what do you expect on this thread? We are discussing whats currently going on!

Unless you’re unsatisfied with the past 12 months (which wouldn’t surprise me) then they do deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve clearly said I think we could do with added depth. I said the same last summer. I’d like better players from the bench. I said the same last summer.

Would I like us to strengthen this summer? Absolutely.

If we don’t, will I cry about it multiple times over multiple threads boring the rest of the forum to tears? No. Although not ideal, I trust the existing staff & players to come up with alternatives from within.

Its not being defeatist or accepting the club line or whatever. It’s that based over the past few years performances / results, I trust us to come up with solutions.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

There's really no argument that the rest of the top six have brought through more young players in the last decade. 

It is in the last decade now - huh, did not see that whilst you were on about this window.

Well anywho - all we really care about is here and now as we have won the lot in the last decade and Harry Kane hasn't a trophy.

You can use any side you want and no one is overvaluing anything -- you get to fill in the numbers.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Unless you’re unsatisfied with the past 12 months (which wouldn’t surprise me) then they do deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve clearly said I think we could do with added depth. I said the same last summer. I’d like better players from the bench. I said the same last summer.

If we don’t, will I cry about it multiple times over multiple threads boring the rest of the forum to tears? No. Although not ideal, I trust the existing staff & players to come up with alternatives from within.

Its not being defeatist or accepting the club line or whatever. It’s that based over the past few years performances / results, I trust us to come up with solutions.

Until we sign Mmmbop you’re on your own. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is in the last decade now - huh, did not see that whilst you were on about this window.

Well anywho - all we really care about is here and now as we have won the lot in the last decade and Harry Kane hasn't a trophy.

You can use any side you want and no one is overvaluing anything -- you get to fill in the numbers.

What numbers.  Go take a very quick look at the players the other top six have brought through their acadamies, unites list is so long,  I'd be maxed out on post quota by then. 

Meanwhile you're pretending Williams has made it cause he played two dead rubbers and didn't embarrasses himself in one. 

Looking around the league, all I see is Coady from our other over hyped youngsters.   So Trent and Coady, woop de soo. 

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There is no need for the same posters to drag the thread down round & round & round & round & round & round & round & round & round & round & round again. 

I'm sure everyone would rather be taking about the players we're genuinely linked with or, fingers crossed, made an offer for.  As it happens nothing appears to be going on, so people will talk about that nothing going on. 

This is one of the few active threads on the FF, should people not bother with it? 

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

This is one of the few active threads on the FF, should people not bother with it? 

The fact is posters are making the same point they’ve made multiple times before in multiple threads like they are some sort of fucking footballing genius.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Trying to do City in my head here as I look around the league.

I got 

Garcia - bought from Barca two years ago

Foden

They did buy a lad named Sterling.

Doyle and Harwood have both played this year I believe. 

I have no idea what this is all about though. 

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yep.

Lampard and Solksjaer are doing what inexperienced managers do when they've got money to spend, they've pulled out the panini stickers and spunked most if not all of their money for the next year on the players all the kids and Rashid are talking about. It's not hard.

What's hard is forging a side and buying players that can excel with your tactics and style of play, and who fit into your dressing room.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Doyle and Harwood have both played this year I believe. 

I have no idea what this is all about though. 

Nice one man - was struggling there

City:

Garcia - ish

Foden

Doyle

Harwood

I got off track getting excited over this Daniel James lad at United. Alas.

Then I linked onto what Januzaj has been up to.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What's hard is forging a side and buying players that can excel with your tactics and style of play, and who fit into your dressing room.

I remember one of Klopp’s first quotes (I’m paraphrasing) and it was something like “If I complain about what I don’t have, I forget about what I do have”.

Milner at full back. Lallana to central midfield. Firmino from jack of all trades to master of False-9. Trent from midfield to full back. Hendo from box-to-box to holding midfielder and back again.

Plus the unfancied signings we’ve made in Robertson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri and a few others.

Citeh might have the better individuals. We have the better team and we’ve showed it. It’s a huge step for Chelsea and the mancs, who were stuttering to even get CL, to become a good a team as we have.

• Upvote 1

All this Sancho isn't as good as the hype. Fuck sake the lads in his second full season and after 13 goals, 19 assists in his first has just finished his second with 46 games, 20 goals and 18 assists as a winger. 

He is a fucking brilliant talent, just turned 20 a d only going to get better. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

All this Sancho isn't as good as the hype. Fuck sake the lads in his second full season and after 13 goals, 19 assists in his first has just finished his second with 46 games, 20 goals and 18 assists as a winger. 

Dortmund have turned into Stub Hub. Getting something others want for cheap and then absolutely rinsing the eventual buyer. He probably is good but if he's that price TAA is the world's first 200m player.

Been linked with Sarr again it seems but The Echo have got in there nice and quick to play it down!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-ismaila-sarr-18709653

"That would place his price-tag at around £30 million at least this year - a figure Liverpool are highly unlikely to match, even if they are interested in him.

As much as Sarr's ability might make it appear to make sense, the numbers that it would take to bring him to Anfield might suggest otherwise"

You just have to laugh!

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It is all a bit Everton and pace goals

25 minutes ago, No2 said:

Dortmund have turned into Stub Hub. Getting something others want for cheap and then absolutely rinsing the eventual buyer. He probably is good but if he's that price TAA is the world's first 200m player.

I like it - we should sell our whole squad. Think of the money we'd make! 

I defy any footballer who has actually heard Solskjaer speak to think its a good idea to sign for him.  

In Lingaard, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood etc he has the makings of quite a dressing room, one which will run rings round him whilst swapping advice on starting fashion labels 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Listen, for the final time, FSG had nothing to do with the last 12 months. Its all on Jurgen and the players. So stop making out that they've pulled some amazing strategy to get us to win the CL and League. Its all on Jurgen. If you have any doubts about that go and watch the John henry interview from yesterday. Its the Jurgen show.

• Downvote 1