You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

23 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

There are certain companies I would like to work for but at end of the day it’s who wants/needs me and who pays me the most. If the above is the case you could substitute Liverpool with City/Chelsea/Spurs/Leicester/Arse have a bigger chance to win title than Utd. Feels like me to an end game of 100m stg transfer and 250k stg per week negotiations . Utd will pay it. Also compare with Klopps doubters to believers speech Sancho should be saying to Utd buy me, pay the wages and we will be title challengers . 

Spurs , Leicester and Arse are far less likely to finish above Utd . 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if we feel our strategy of getting business done early has cost us a little bit financially. Firstly because the standard approach is to haggle for months and then do a deal right at the end of the window. Clubs will only sell at the start of the window if you offer way over the odds.

Secondly, let's say we get all our new signings in. We then go to sell A,B,C and every club know we are in a position where we have to sell to reduce our wage bill and we have several players surplus to requirements. So they low ball and we end up having to send them out on loan. I think we are trying to avoid this.

Sancho left Watford for money, then left City for money.

Sterling left QPR for money then left Liverpool for money.

Pogba left Le Harve for money,  then left Man Utd for money, then left Juventus for money.

I'm not saying Sancho is a cunt but he probably is.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Pogba left Le Harve for money,  then left Man Utd for money, then left Juventus for money.

Ronaldo was a cunt too, but he won them trophies. Those last few years he was the absolute difference maker, because they were built, like us now, on solidity. 

11 minutes ago, Horus said:

Ronaldo was a cunt too, but he won them trophies. Those last few years he was the absolute difference maker, because they were built, like us now, on solidity. 

Ronaldo doesn't meet that criteria, he's never rocked the boat, he wanted more money he went and earned it, these lads all had 3 clubs before before they where 21, each move based around making money. Sterling and Pogba have been flashing their knickers at Madrid almost from the moment they signed. I know fuck all about Sancho as a person or player but I'm confident he's a prick and not a good one.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I’m told we’re close to agreeing terms with a Leicester player.

Fee agreed, but personal terms proving difficult. Wages fine but the player has made a request for a very particular landscaped item at the back of his new home.

Club officials will meet later today to discuss Maddison’s Square Garden. 

Made me chuckle but he signed a £110k a week new contract with them yesterday i believe?

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Hello hello....

I saw comments about this just over a week ago. That said, it seems almost any player in Germany is talked about joining us. Well except werner and havertz, it seems!

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

You missed bobby duncan off the list!

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ronaldo doesn't meet that criteria, he's never rocked the boat, he wanted more money he went and earned it, these lads all had 3 clubs before before they where 21, each move based around making money. Sterling and Pogba have been flashing their knickers at Madrid almost from the moment they signed. I know fuck all about Sancho as a person or player but I'm confident he's a prick and not a good one.

He was talking about joining madrid pretty much every week for his last 3 years there. Sancho left man city...for money? 

Think Sancho might be 12 months too early for us. I've no doubt that he is seen as an eventual replacement for either Mo or Sadio. He ticks all their marketing boxes, aside from being a potentially outstanding player. I do think the FSG/Jurgen gameplan was to get him for a good deal less in 12 months and essentially have the cost supplemented by a big sale.

I hope this won't be a missed transfer that we could regret. Yeah United have a complete gobshite as manager, but if they buy 2-3 world class players to supplement some of their current team, they will have the makings of a really good team for their next manager. For a lot of the 30 years, we rarely spent money on top quality. The Mancs won't make the same mistake. Our team is boss, but I can't help but feel that 3 years of non-stop chasing trophies may take it's toll if not next season than the season after. Our team is pretty much all 28-30. Prime age but in the next 2 years, they will likely begin to suffer with injuries more.

Don't get me wrong we have a far superior team and manager, but if we don't keep investing in the team, that considerable gap will shorten.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I’m told we’re close to agreeing terms with a Leicester player.

Fee agreed, but personal terms proving difficult. Wages fine but the player has made a request for a very particular landscaped item at the back of his new home.

Club officials will meet later today to discuss Maddison’s Square Garden. 

Heard he also wantsa bigga rockka fella, in the, centre

1 minute ago, Horus said:

He was talking about joining madrid pretty much every week for his last 3 years there. Sancho left man city...for money? 

Ronaldo is possibly the greatest professional to play the game. His attitude and professionalism is unreal, even when he wanted out he agreed to give one more year and tore it up again. Sterling and Pogba are rats, Sancho may not be but 4 clubs before you can buy a drink in America is not a great look.

42 minutes ago, No2 said:

You don't go to Dortmund from Man City if money is your greatest priority. Nonsense. 

Anyway, unfortunately, we're not in for Sancho and this is likely a tactic so that United pay up. 

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ronaldo is possibly the greatest professional to play the game. His attitude and professionalism is unreal, even when he wanted out he agreed to give one more year and tore it up again. Sterling and Pogba are rats, Sancho may not be but 4 clubs before you can buy a drink in America is not a great look.

He used every madrid link to get a new contract with more money. I'm just trying to show that players can still be interested in themselves and their weekly wage, and still be great.

1 hour ago, Horus said:

He used every madrid link to get a new contract with more money. I'm just trying to show that players can still be interested in themselves and their weekly wage, and still be great.

In all likelyhood he's going to be a Utd player. I reserve the right to think he's a cunt in advance of any transfer.

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

He might well rather go to Liverpool for the reason explained. Doesn’t look like he’ll actually get to make that choice though. 

Fjørtoft used to play for Dortmund, he is very well conected there.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Don’t doubt it. I’m sure Sancho would choose Liverpool over United at the moment. I just don’t think he’ll have that choice to make. 

Well, he does have that choice to make - players force moves all the time. But I agree, he is not going to make it.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, he does have that choice to make - players force moves all the time. But I agree, he is not going to make it.

My point is that Liverpool won’t give him that choice. I just don’t think they will move for him this window.