You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

29 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

If Utd are spending big then they are probably just sticking it on the credit card as per usual. 

How does that comply with FFP? Loan the money to the club and pay it back over a certain period as long as their revenues can justify it?

1 minute ago, Moo said:

How does that comply with FFP? Loan the money to the club and pay it back over a certain period as long as their revenues can justify it?

Something like that I would imagine, their debt is outrageous I'm sure I read somewhere that basically all they do is service the debt, for  all FSGs faults I'd rather them to the Glaziers 

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

Were they not loans, certainly in the case of the Main Stand?  Is that where our money is going, on loan repayments? I thought we were paying with minimal interest and over a very long period so wouldn't impact too much?

Well I imagine our money is going to the same place it’s been going for the last few years but now with a significant dent in the incoming after expanding the wages over the last couple of seasons. I usually give them the benefit of doubt , if they can’t fund any decent signings I’d like them to find an alternative way to do so but it’s hard to fault them.

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

The red sox fans can fuck off with their game. Am amazed they call it a sport. Half of the so called athletes rocking up in tights, chewing gum and being paid millions to hit 1 run out of what 30 tries almost. 

Cricket is being called a lazy game, Baseball to cricket is like our gap to man City in the points table... Far more money in that sport but long way off being a proper sport.

Same as NFL against Rugby League or Union. Superior athletes they may be but fuck me they are lazy. They hardly have to do anything the cunts. 

25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Vertonghen as 4th choice and back up left back would make sense in my humble opinion. 

At left back? Have you seen us play football? I think he’d be an excellent 4th or 3rd choice centreback providing he doesn’t have to play that much (which is why it won’t happen) but as a fullback it’d be like the time Rodgers played Kolo at right back.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Schalke are that broke, they're taking bailout money from their local state. If we actually want this Kabak guy we could probably get him for a pretty reasonable fee.

Kicker seems to have linked him with us today. He is well built and looks pacy as well. Klopp must have got a glowing reference about him from his best friend, Wagner.

3 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Kicker seems to have linked him with us today. He is well built and looks pacy as well. Klopp must have got a glowing reference about him from his best friend, Wagner.

Seems to chip in with a few golas as well. I want to like him but his name reminds me of Ozil and I do not think I will be able to get past that.

13 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

At left back? Have you seen us play football? I think he’d be an excellent 4th or 3rd choice centreback providing he doesn’t have to play that much (which is why it won’t happen) but as a fullback it’d be like the time Rodgers played Kolo at right back.

He’s a decent left back. It’d only be for emergency. 

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We need proper cover at full back now, the positions are so important to us. 
Vertonghen is verboten.

Vertonghen at LB is better than what we have right now which is no one. We need reinforcements at LB and CH, Vertonghen would be a solution for both. Or we could look Ake, but he’d be £40m more expensive at least.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Vertonghen at LB is better than what we have right now which is no one. We need reinforcements at LB and CH, Vertonghen would be a solution for both. Or we could look Ake, but he’d be £40m more expensive at least.

Milner is a better option still and he is really no option now. See Jairz post.

We need someone who can cover both center back and left back to a really high standard, be prepared to sit on the bench quite a bit, and not cost very much. Frankly, it's ridiculous our scouting team haven't found someone like that yet.

No, we need a left back. Defenders who do both are either not very good at either or insanely good and pretty much non existent. I actually think it would be easier to find a winger we could convert than expecting a centreback to do the role to any sort of degree that Robbo does. 

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Probably don’t pay £3m a week in wages whilst funding stadium expansions and new training grounds.

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Something like that I would imagine, their debt is outrageous I'm sure I read somewhere that basically all they do is service the debt, for  all FSGs faults I'd rather them to the Glaziers 

But why are we okay with having to pay for our own stadium expansions? It directly inflates the value of the asset they own (and will recoup money on when selling) and it was a commitment they specifically made when they purchased us for a packet of hulahoops and a fiver. FFP specifically allows owners to spend unrestricted amounts on infrastructure investment such stadium expansions, so the only reason they're making us pay for it ourselves is because they're a bunch of tight fisted cunts.

To make it clear, the inference is clear. If we hadn't been successful (in a footballing and commercial sense, which are both intertwined) over the last few years, we would have fuck all investment in the clubs stadium or training facilities (let alone the playing squad). And people on here want to cut FSG slack?

Im grateful they were smart enough to hire Jurgen (despite the years of pretty terrible hiring decisions). Aside from that, thanks for making us ''well run'', but fuck me that's one hell of a low bar after what we experienced under H&G. If we were such a commercial blockbuster then we wouldn't be walking around like paupers right now.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

But why are we okay with having to pay for our own stadium expansions? It directly inflates the value of the asset they own (and will recoup money on when selling) and it was a commitment they specifically made when they purchased us for a packet of hulahoops and a fiver. FFP specifically allows owners to spend unrestricted amounts on infrastructure investment such stadium expansions, so the only reason they're making us pay for it ourselves is because they're a bunch of tight fisted cunts.

To make it clear, the inference is clear. If we hadn't been successful (in a footballing and commercial sense, which are both intertwined) over the last few years, we would have fuck all investment in the clubs stadium or training facilities (let alone the playing squad). And people on here want to cut FSG slack?

Im grateful they were smart enough to hire Jurgen (despite the years of pretty terrible hiring decisions). Aside from that, thanks for making us ''well run'', but fuck me that's one hell of a low bar after what we experienced under H&G. If we were such a commercial blockbuster then we wouldn't be walking around like paupers right now.

But we won the league you know!

Reminds me of todays CAS news with the published details, even though its quite clear in the report City were hiding stuff (and thus guilty as hell), and it is all there in good old black and white, no one cares except for the outcome.

No questioning, no thought, zip. Its the world we live in unfortunately.

Our fans simply don't care about longevity, because the present has been so successful. 

45 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

No, we need a left back. Defenders who do both are either not very good at either or insanely good and pretty much non existent. I actually think it would be easier to find a winger we could convert than expecting a centreback to do the role to any sort of degree that Robbo does. 

I wasn't being entirely serious.