You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I like what I've seen of Barnes this year. Far from finished article and reckon its rubbish as Leicester will want silly money. 

Avg 59 mins a game, over 35 hes played in. 24 starts 11 sub. 6 goals 8 assists isn't a bad return for a lad that was 20 when the season started. 

He's played 400 minutes less than Son who has 11/10, 550 less than Willian 9/7 and he's the penalty taker, 500 less than Traore 4/9, 1050 less than Grealish 7/6 200 less Jota 7/1, 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

What’s all this “Salah considering his future” stuff? 

There's a video I posted on the previous page from Columbia, it has four people talking on zoom or something and one of them is Mo Salah. There's loads of translating going on but basically the Columbian asks the questions to in English Salah and then all the callers in turn get a translation that they can understand. It takes ages and it's at least 30 minutes long. Anyway, in English the Columbian asks Mo about his future plans and he says something along the lines of 'no-one knows for sure what is going to happen'. Depending on interpretation that can either mean he is considering his future or there is nothing to be considered.

I think it's just one of those questions for a player where any answer they give on the spur of the moment will be interpreted differently depending on who hears it.

3 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

There's a video I posted on the previous page from Columbia, it has four people talking on zoom or something and one of them is Mo Salah. There's loads of translating going on but basically the Columbian asks the questions to in English Salah and then all the callers in turn get a translation that they can understand. It takes ages and it's at least 30 minutes long. Anyway, in English the Columbian asks Mo about his future plans and he says something along the lines of 'no-one knows for sure what is going to happen'. Depending on interpretation that can either mean he is considering his future or there is nothing to be considered.

I think it's just one of those questions for a player where any answer they give on the spur of the moment will be interpreted differently depending on who hears it.

So defo leaving then?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Bad news Pearce saying that if Wijnaldum doesnt sign his contract soon the club will then have to decide whether to sell him or let him leave for nothing next year like Emre Can.

I guess that is kind of obvious though to be fair, unless we had been expecting him to sign? But the fact we're here would suggest we've never been too close for a deal as the news from the propaganda machine (Pearce included) have never suggested we've put together the type of deal Gini wanted. Us selling him would make the thiago thing make the most fsg sense it's seemed so far. 

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Bad news Pearce saying that if Wijnaldum doesnt sign his contract soon the club will then have to decide whether to sell him or let him leave for nothing next year like Emre Can.

Feels like a bit of a “it’s now or never Gini” story that. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Thank god we have Pearce around to report on what is blindingly fucking obvious, jesus christ.

Perhaps Wijnaldum hasn’t been getting assurances about his place in the first team next season, in which case I wouldn’t blame him for considering his options. If Thiago represents an upgrade then yeah, fine, although regardless of talent, I’m a bit wary of assuming a player of his age coming to England for the first time would be anything like a guaranteed success,

2 hours ago, kemskem said:

I’d rather us hang on to Gini than Naby if one of them had to make way for a big name midfield signing. That’s unless Gini has other ideas. He’s been one of our most consistent and reliable for the past few years.

Maybe that's the issue, he knows he's one of our most consistent players, versatile, works hard, decent injury record, but his wages don’t reflect that. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Maybe that's the issue, he knows he's one of our most consistent players, versatile, works hard, decent injury record, but his wages don’t reflect that. 

Maybe it’s more to do with the number of years than the money.... even though at the end it’s actually the same issue.