You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

I don’t think he will make it here unfortunately. Too small, too weak and doesn’t seem to have the attitude required.

Not sure about attitude being wrong - but think you may have a point about him not making it here, it is of course very early days - but he seems ill at ease in the side and looks like he may suffer from being asked to do different jobs, and never really getting a run or any rhythm.

What did we pay for him? 7.5m?.....we'll make a profit on him regardless if it does not work out.

On 20/07/2020 at 23:28, Doctor Troy said:

Been linked with Jamal Lewis from Norwich. They want £20m but they lost a ridiculous amount of money due to the lockdown so probably will get held to ransom. No way would we pay that for a back up left back. 

That's the third time we've been linked with Lewis, but we're not paying that kind of fee for him. I doubt we'd consider half of that. 

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not sure about attitude being wrong - but think you may have a point about him not making it here, it is of course very early days - but he seems ill at ease in the side and looks like he may suffer from being asked to do different jobs, and never really getting a run or any rhythm.

What did we pay for him? 7.5m?.....we'll make a profit on him regardless if it does not work out.

I think the mistake is that we’re trying to find someone to replace Bobby in his role as a false 9. What Bobby desperately needs is competition... I feel like at the moment his place is too comfortable in the team. He doesn’t feel like he needs to contribute goals as now people have come to accept that he’s a supporting act to the two main forwards; Mane and Salah. To get us to the next level I feel we could do with some competition there... someone who’d really challenge him for that spot. I don’t buy the notion that Salah or Mane can’t play with a proper no 9 either. Salah had a productive season playing alongside Dzeko with a healthy number of assists. Kai Havertz would be my choice. Only seen him as a number 9, but he plays like a natural there. Brilliant touch, a monster in the air, lightning quick, and a great finisher. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think the mistake is that we’re trying to find someone to replace Bobby in his role as a false 9. What Bobby desperately needs is competition... I feel like at the moment his place is too comfortable in the team. He doesn’t feel like he needs to contribute goals as now people have come to accept that he’s a supporting act to the two main forwards; Mane and Salah. To get us to the next level I feel we could do with some competition there... someone who’d really challenge him for that spot. I don’t buy the notion that Salah or Mane can’t play with a proper no 9 either. Salah had a productive season playing alongside Dzeko with a healthy number of assists. Kai Havertz would be my choice. Only seen him as a number 9, but he plays like a natural there.

Havertz would also play as a false 9 for us.  He's not a "proper" 9 either. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

£10.9m/€12m. 

Good business for the club reducing the wage bill and he needs to play more, St Petersburg is a nice city to live in.

In summer obviously, meaning from mid may to early September...

14 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

And only a major prick would start acting the billy big bollocks giving it the big ‘un trying to make out that’s what The Gaul said. 

Now fuck off and get your shoeshine box

(insert face palm emoji)

You don't have to try and scare me lifetime fan, you did that with the picture of you in a hot tub years ago

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I went in June, it was lovely. Can imagine it to be fucking freezing most of the year.

It is .... I used to live in Kiev, I remember attending a game early October, they said minus 4 on the score board !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Havertz is a midfielder, always has been - he has played a handful of games - just this season - as the Center Forward.

All the games I’ve seen him he played as a CF. Looked natural too. A real presence in the box.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That’d be about right. 

He is a great player - easily the best in that side. So he would look good in any position for them, much the way people used to say Gerrard would be the best we had anywhere on the field for a period of time.

That doesn't mean he could play there at one of the top sides in the world. Nor should he.

If anything he would be a realistic option playing on the right upfront as he has done that quite a bit.

In Keita's role he would be immense for us.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Joyce saying the Lovren fee is agreed.

Not getting the aggression towards him but I guess that's twitter. Has real flaws, but genuinely cares about the club (if anything he usually got caught out trying too hard) and was part of the champion squad. Plus, Dortmund...

Why mock the guy on his way out?

Add to the Shitness of modern football thread.

• Upvote 2