You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So we shouldn’t build on this success then?

Of course we should but if there's no money, there's no money.  We need to sign a player or two but i won't be acting like a spoilt fucking baby like Beef if we don't and then we don't win the league again or have a shit season. 

Klopps here for another 4 years, he'll get money eventually and he'll build another great side and win loads more before he goes. I'm not going to slam him, the club or the players if they have a bad year next year. It's just football and nothing lasts forever. They have all done an amazing job up to this point.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mil-ing Around said:

Of course we should but if there's no money, there's no money.  We need to sign a player or two but i won't be acting like a spoilt fucking baby like Beef if we don't and then we don't win the league again or have a shit season. 

Klopps here for another 4 years, he'll get money eventually and he'll build another great side and win loads more before he goes. I'm not going to slam him, the club or the players if they have a bad year next year. It's just football and nothing lasts forever. They have all done an amazing job up to this point.

I agree mostly but these players are in general in their prime, if we can shift some players and add a bit of money we can continue with the success. I’m not saying winning the league necessarily next year but we need strengthening. 

4 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think we know there is money but the owners are reluctant to spend given current climate. Given we all know far more than them about soccerball I conclude they must be cunts . Werner will prove me right next season. 

They have owned the club for 10 years. During that stretch we have:

Won the League Cup

Came the closest to winning the league in the last 30 years (* wait for it)

Came closest to winning the league again in the last 30 years

Won the Champions League

Won the Super Cup

Won the Club World Cup

Won the League

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They have owned the club for 10 years. During that stretch we have:

Won the League Cup

Came the closest to winning the league in the last 30 years (* wait for it)

Came closest to winning the league again in the last 30 years

Won the Champions League

Won the Super Cup

Won the Club World Cup

Won the League

I want it all I want it all I want it all and I want it next season too.......

Has Sane let slip that chelsea have signed Havertz.

Just seen the Patrice Evra video with his car highlighting it taking us 30 years to win the league. They went 26 years without a title and make out they have just been banging out title after  title since their creation. We've won everything including 2 European cups between our league wins. Thick inbred cunts. No self awareness.

On 22/07/2020 at 17:37, Mil-ing Around said:

Only from wankers like you. Most of us realise that we have no devine right to stay at the top and win it again next season. Even if we sign more players. These guys have given us an incredible 3 years so why not just celebrate that instead of sharpening your tools and getting ready to slam the club for something that hasn't even happened yet.

So what if we don't do as well next season, we have done brilliantly for the last 2/3 years. Ended a 30 year wait for  the league, along with the champions league, super cup and world club cup, all in 12 months. You think it will last forever?

Some cunts always want MORE. Never happy with today, always want to be a wanker about tomorrow. You might as well go and support United, there's plenty of other dickheads there and you'll fit right in.

It is possible to enjoy the day and want more. It is possible to expect the club to try and be the very best version of itself it can. You sound like a Leicester fan. About the only thing you get right there is nobody has a devine right for anything. Which is why you don't rest on your laurels. But we're one of the world's greatest clubs and we are one of them because we were absolutely greedy for success from the day shankly walked in. Only a fucking dickhead doesn't want us to do it all again.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seen the Patrice Evra video with his car highlighting it taking us 30 years to win the league. They went 26 years without a title and make out they have just been banging out title after  title since their creation. We've won everything including 2 European cups between our league wins. Thick inbred cunts. No self awareness.

And they went 41 years before Busby. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Saw some manc twat saying "come back when you've won 13" and "well done for drawing level with Blackburn and Leicester"

Add that to Everton saying they were one of the founder members of the Premier League. 

Apart from a new name (which has been changed a few times) and trophy what was the fucking difference?. Did they change all the rules that summer, no other league in the world had to reset their clocks in sync with it. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw some manc twat saying "come back when you've won 13" and "well done for drawing level with Blackburn and Leicester"

Add that to Everton saying they were one of the founder members of the Premier League. 

Apart from a new name (which has been changed a few times) and trophy what was the fucking difference?. Did they change all the rules that summer, no other league in the world had to reset their clocks in sync with it. 

Football didn't exist until 1992.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don’t try to wrap your head around it, you’d have to be as thick as them to even dream up that kind of shite and I’m pretty sure you’re not in their league.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I love it when new generation mancs casually trash the 5 titles busby and his players, including some who died in the Munich air crash, won for them not to mention the 2 before him. In an instant such luminaries as Best and Law didnt win the English championship if their reasoning holds because it wasnt called the Permier League. Why do they sing "20 times man united" again?

But if it comforts them in their 8 year long and growing titleless streak, let them suck on ma's tit.

As for being a founder member of the PL, fuck me, Oldham, QPR, Sheff Wednesday and even the old Wimbledon can lay claim to that.

2 hours ago, The Gaul said:

It is possible to enjoy the day and want more. It is possible to expect the club to try and be the very best version of itself it can. You sound like a Leicester fan. About the only thing you get right there is nobody has a devine right for anything. Which is why you don't rest on your laurels. But we're one of the world's greatest clubs and we are one of them because we were absolutely greedy for success from the day shankly walked in. Only a fucking dickhead doesn't want us to do it all again.  

Want more yes, think it'll cause a shit storm if we don't? Fuck off

That's what I replied to

Wanting us to do it all again and acting like a baby if we don't are two different things. 

Only a fucking dickhead could get lost in the context of such a short post. 

11 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Want more yes, think it'll cause a shit storm if we don't? Fuck off

That's what I replied to

Wanting us to do it all again and acting like a baby if we don't are two different things. 

Only a fucking dickhead could get lost in the context of such a short post. 

And only a major prick would start acting the billy big bollocks giving it the big ‘un trying to make out that’s what The Gaul said. 

Now fuck off and get your shoeshine box. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

We finished 6th in 1991/92 (Division 1) and 6th in 1992/93 (Premier League) so it’s obvious we found it hard to adjust.

I wonder if the 5 subs rule is impacting the potential buying of new players. It means more ability to give fringe players playing time, with the flip side of being able to rest established players more regularly too. There's a pretty good batch of kids coming through, so it'd be a decent time to utilize the rule change.

Takumi is the one who will hopefully benefit most from it. The circumstances in which he arrived at the club would be ridiculously tough for any new player and I don't think it can be underestimated. He had a fairly modest first season at Red Bull too. He's also been a little unlucky to not have a goal or two under his belt already. 

All that said, adding a player or two in key areas wouldn't be a bad thing to keep this great bunch of players competing at the pointy end for a couple of years yet. Can Elliot, Minamino (and Brewster?) be enough for a team wanting the biggest trophies? It's a stretch. 

Then again, Klopp has never had the ability to simply retain his best players the way he does now, so it's another factor that shouldn't be dismissed. It's a delicate balancing act, keeping the camaraderie in this group stronger than mithril (for the nerds), while not allowing fatigue and/or complacency to creep in. 

43 minutes ago, A_S said:

Takumi is the one who will hopefully benefit most from it. The circumstances in which he arrived at the club would be ridiculously tough for any new player and I don't think it can be underestimated. He had a fairly modest first season at Red Bull too. He's also been a little unlucky to not have a goal or two under his belt already. 

I don’t think he will make it here unfortunately. Too small, too weak and doesn’t seem to have the attitude required.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I don’t think he will make it here unfortunately. Too small, too weak and doesn’t seem to have the attitude required.

What gives you the impression there's anything wrong with his attitude? It's too early to make any definitive judgements about him, I reckon. He looks to me like he's trying hard though and putting in plenty of effort. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

What gives you the impression there's anything wrong with his attitude? It's too early to make any definitive judgements about him, I reckon. He looks to me like he's trying hard though and putting in plenty of effort. 

Maybe attitude is the wrong word. He doesn’t seem to have the confidence IMO. He looks too happy to just lay it off, as opposed to taking responsibility himself.