You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

i really want to see a top creative midfielder in that 3, but it's hard to see past Coutinho.

In that position you need workrate, intelligence, stamina, these are non-negotiable if the system is to work 

While I see and admire the likes of Szobsozlai, Havertz, Aouar, Zaniolo, Amiri, etc, they come with question marks around temperament, around work-rate, and ability to adapt to the PL.

Coutinho comes with none of that, and at a reduced rate.

The only other player I would go for, for big money, would be Milinkovic-Savic as his size is such an asset in the middle, and he's just wasted his talent there at Lazio so far, he could bloom under Klopp.

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Still some smoke around Thiago. Basically he wants to come, Klopp wants him, it's just a matter of will we pay the fee (please goddamn it). Bild+ are reliable too apparently. 

If the difference in valuations is €15m then surely we can meet in the middle. If, and it’s a big if, it’s true I suspect a lot will depend on how much Thiago wants the move and pushes for it. I don’t think they really want him to go so they’ll probably be happy to keep him for a year and lose a relatively low transfer fee if he doesn’t push too hard. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

If the difference in valuations is €15m then surely we can meet in the middle. If, and it’s a big if, it’s true I suspect a lot will depend on how much Thiago wants the move and pushes for it. I don’t think they really want him to go so they’ll probably be happy to keep him for a year and lose a relatively low transfer fee if he doesn’t push too hard. 

Rummenigge said a little while ago that Thiago wants to go and that they don't want it to be on a free. 

https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/04/football/1593818387_632742.html

Could see Milner going to Leeds if this happens. Frees up a chunk of wages for a player over 30 and not seeing that many starts. Love Milner but it makes sense. Leaves us a bit vulnerable at fullback but to be honest I'll be happy with Milner not playing there, he's does a job but it really screws the balance of the team up. 

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rummenigge said a little while ago that Thiago wants to go and that they don't want it to be on a free. 

https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/04/football/1593818387_632742.html

Flick has also spoken about wanting to keep him though. 

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/flick-hopeful-of-keeping-thiago-but-suggests-bayern-star/qo1tuo3k8rpq19d7drcx02fzr

I’m sure they will sell him if they get what they feel is a good offer rather than losing him for nothing but if we lowball them then I can see them keeping him unless he causes a fuss. 

If we really are interested then hopefully we just agree a €30-35m fee and get it done. He’s a bargain at that price. 

14 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Flick has also spoken about wanting to keep him though. 

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/flick-hopeful-of-keeping-thiago-but-suggests-bayern-star/qo1tuo3k8rpq19d7drcx02fzr

I’m sure they will sell him if they get what they feel is a good offer rather than losing him for nothing but if we lowball them then I can see them keeping him unless he causes a fuss. 

If we really are interested then hopefully we just agree a €30-35m fee and get it done. He’s a bargain at that price. 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, No2 said:

Apparently Spurs and City are after him too. Any time I've seen him I've always thought he looked way out of depth in the premier league.

Hmm, so it's a choice between 1 club that's always mid table, who seem to be doing worse than his current club on current form and 2 clubs that make up the top 6. Hmm, what a difficult decision it is gonna be for him. NOT!

Only way Everton get him is that they give him higher wages compared to the other 2 and looking at their wage turnover ratio, I hope they do coz then it'll eff them up even further.

10 hours ago, No2 said:

Apparently Spurs and City are after him too. Any time I've seen him I've always thought he looked way out of depth in the premier league.

He's decent. Solid foundation type of midfielder, covers ground and does a bit of everything well. Got some quality, not enough to turn a team around, but the kind of player they lack.

Vast improvement on Davies at a good price.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

He's decent. Solid foundation type of midfielder, covers ground and does a bit of everything well. Got some quality, not enough to turn a team around, but the kind of player they lack.

Vast improvement on Davies at a good price.

Davies is awful. Even Evertonians who are desperate for their next "better than Gerrard" scouse player hate him. 

If he didn't walk round New York in science lab glasses and a smoking jacket no one would even know he existed. 

• Upvote 1