You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

55 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Thiago Alcantara is close to signing for Manchester United from Bayern Munich. [@SPORT]

This same media channel claimed last week he was close to joining us.

If that is true and does happen, every clubs scouting policy must be hijack whoever liverpool are deemed to want.

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If that is true and does happen, every clubs scouting policy must be hijack whoever liverpool are deemed to want.

We should just go and scout a load of Hodgson era standard players so Chelsea and the Mancs buy them thinking they are getting one over on us.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

He’d be an ideal player. Can comfortably fill in at LB, RB and CM. 

If he wants first team football then is he going to sign for us to "fill in" or is he good enough to be a regular starter? I don't think he is.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Lille's Victor Osimhen is close to joining Napoli for €70m. 

We were linked with him a few times. Lille seem to be really good at getting big money for their players. 

Italian clubs not buying the global pandemic has bankrupt every club line. 

• Like 1

Their record of buying defenders is not great, they've wasted some serious money and pep has completely crushed stones trying to make him into beckenbauer. Koulibally has looked fucking brilliant every time I've seen him play, so I'd be disappointed if they got him, otherwise I expect them to just splash the cash, let pep get in their heads and complicate their job and completely ruin them as he does with nearly  every defender. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Their record of buying defenders is not great, they've wasted some serious money and pep has completely crushed stones trying to make him into beckenbauer. Koulibally has looked fucking brilliant every time I've seen him play, so I'd be disappointed if they got him, otherwise I expect them to just splash the cash, let pep get in their heads and complicate their job and completely ruin them as he does with nearly  every defender. 

I don't think they can get Koulibaly. He's almost 30, would cost around 100m and he has professed his loyalty to Napoli plenty of times. Too many barriers to that deal happening. 

In reality, all they need is someone solid to put next to Laporte and that shouldn't take so much investment. He's their van Dijk, when he's fit things are usually ok at the back. 

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think they can get Koulibaly. He's almost 30, would cost around 100m and he has professed his loyalty to Napoli plenty of times. Too many barriers to that deal happening. 

In reality, all they need is someone solid to put next to Laporte and that shouldn't take so much investment. He's their van Dijk, when he's fit things are usually ok at the back. 

Yeah, but pep doesn't go for solid. He looks for another ballerina. As I said in my other post, just look at his (city's) record at buying defenders. They buy loads of them at some price too, laporte is the only decent one they've bought in the whole of the last decade.