You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Surely we want to move certain players on - Lovren, Shaqiri, Origi (?) - as well as the likes of Grujic, Wilson, Karius who seem surplus to requirements.

20 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Shaqiri linked with Fenerbahce, he wants €3m a year but the club will only offer half of that. 

Herein lies the problem - no one really wants those players that bad, and certainly not at anything near the wages they are on with us.

I wouldn't expect Fenerbache to match our wages but apart from Lovren I don't think those guys are on megabucks. 

I wonder if part of our messaging at the moment is saying to our own not needed players - we aren't desperate to bring other people in to replace you and we won't pay out your contract if you want to leave. 

But maybe we really do want to bring one or two people in?

3 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

I wouldn't expect Fenerbache to match our wages but apart from Lovren I don't think those guys are on megabucks. 

I wonder if part of our messaging at the moment is saying to our own not needed players - we aren't desperate to bring other people in to replace you and we won't pay out your contract if you want to leave. 

But maybe we really do want to bring one or two people in?

I think since klopps arrival we've stuck with players even when they're out of the 1st team picture until the deal the club wanted comes in. If we end up with an unflushable (like Moreno for example, even origi at one point) klopp just gets on with it and tries to make what he can with the player. We certainly seem to have stopped paying players to play for someone else. 

33 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I think since klopps arrival we've stuck with players even when they're out of the 1st team picture until the deal the club wanted comes in. If we end up with an unflushable (like Moreno for example, even origi at one point) klopp just gets on with it and tries to make what he can with the player. We certainly seem to have stopped paying players to play for someone else. 

Origi man, never known a player to live off a few goals. He has been utter dogcart this season. I mean I wouldn't mind but he's not slow, he's got strength, good in the air, he just lacks the attitude to succeed.

Deffo needs a replacement.

30 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Origi man, never known a player to live off a few goals. He has been utter dogcart this season. I mean I wouldn't mind but he's not slow, he's got strength, good in the air, he just lacks the attitude to succeed.

Deffo needs a replacement.

He's just not hungry enough imo. He always looks to me like a lad who was probably into some sport other than football, but it just turns out he's good at football too and it pays well. It's just a job, it never looks a joy to him. I think when you play for klopp, the starting point is the desire. 

I've said for a while I'd fuck both Matip and Lovren off for a decent 3rd choice CB. Be cheaper aswell with their stupid wages. 

Shaqiri, Lovren, Lallana, Clyne, Chiravella out saves the club around 26ml a year in wages alone, before any fees for the first two. That more than covers any improved contracts given out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Lovren, Clyne, Lallana and Chirivella off the wage bill is £300,000 a week. 

Shaqiri and Origi is another £150,000. Didnt realise that Ox is on £120,000 and Matip £100,000. Two injury prone players who rarely play a consecutive number of games. 

Some of that wage saving will go towards paying for the 2 or 3m furlough money they couldn't take off the government. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

So shit he's getting fucked off a free before his contract ends. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

So shit he's getting fucked off a free before his contract ends. 

Still saves the club £5.2m though.

Could wait all summer haggling with Roma over the price of a bag of Space Raiders and be stuck with him until he leaves on a free. 

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I've said for a while I'd fuck both Matip and Lovren off for a decent 3rd choice CB. Be cheaper aswell with their stupid wages. 

Shaqiri, Lovren, Lallana, Clyne, Chiravella out saves the club around 26ml a year in wages alone, before any fees for the first two. That more than covers any improved contracts given out. 

There's loads like Wilson, Woodburn, Ojo, Awoniyi etc who will never be near the first team but still get loaned out repeatedly. Just get shut. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Problem is, dead wood or not I don't want any of them off the books unless we get in people to replace them! Cant imagine if we got rid of Shaqiri, lallana, Matip and lovren with no one coming in

Shaqiri can go without a replacement. He doesn't play anyway. And Lallana has an obvious replacement in Jones. Lovren, we'll see. He's barely fit and in the end his level was barely better than Championship. You could easily argue he also needs no replacement. If there's money, the club should sign real quality for the starting 11, not replacements for the backups. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Shaqiri can go without a replacement. He doesn't play anyway. And Lallana has an obvious replacement in Jones. Lovren, we'll see. He's barely fit and in the end his level was barely better than Championship. You could easily argue he also needs no replacement. If there's money, the club should sign real quality for the starting 11, not replacements for the backups. 

Keep seeing that Malang Sarr has left Nice and is a free agent. 21 year old centre banck and can play left back apparently. Never seen him play, is he any good?

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Keep seeing that Malang Sarr has left Nice and is a free agent. 21 year old centre banck and can play left back apparently. Never seen him play, is he any good?

He's alright. He was once touted as a massive prospect but he's revealed himself to be not that great. He'll probably go to a German team where he can develop some more.