You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

A left sided forward is what we need IMO. Shaqiri and Mane could cover for Salah if needed, but we don’t have cover for Mane. Origi is fine as a number 9 but useless on the left. Ox is a midfielder and plays like one when played upfront. 

Shaqiri...one of the biggest mysteries in sport currently. JK just doesn't like him, period. Dunno why. He's a write off, Lallana is but Origi must be moved on for a more suitable replacement. Im sick of seeing him and Ox wide, it just doesn't bloody work at all its really infuriating. Cant imagine how Ox feels about it. Origi probably wouldn't be arsed.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Larouci is an option on the left, pity he can’t cross or finish. Yet. 

Be interesting to see how Glatzel does after injury he was flying before.

Brewster needs a PL loan.

None of those link play or create pretty much like Origi.  We lose to much threat accomadating them.  Even when Bobby can't hit a barn door his presence causes teams issues.

8 minutes ago, J-V said:

None of those link play or create pretty much like Origi.  We lose to much threat accomadating them.  Even when Bobby can't hit a barn door his presence causes teams issues.

Glatzel can link play he is more of an attacking mid though than an attacker imo. Just interested to see how he recovers. Only Larouci is left sided, pace to burn but little else.

18 minutes ago, J-V said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Curtis Jones develops, as he could be an option regards the Bobby role.

Jones doesn't strike me as having the work rate to be a Bobby replacement. Thought it was quite noticeable how much more joy Villa got attacking our right hand side after his goal the other day.

Not writing him off at all, i think he'll develop a lot, but he's not really good enough for a regular PL slot in midfield yet let alone Bobby's role.

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Jones doesn't strike me as having the work rate to be a Bobby replacement. Thought it was quite noticeable how much more joy Villa got attacking our right hand side after his goal the other day.

Not writing him off at all, i think he'll develop a lot, but he's not really good enough for a regular PL slot in midfield yet let alone Bobby's role.

You seen him play much? His work rate is right up there, ability wise he can be whatever he wants.

• Upvote 3

I don't think anyone gets a sniff in the games if they do not show top quality/workrate in training. For me Jones

is not a player for the front three - he could cover there in a pinch ala Ox or Lallana and probably do a better job, but I think he will/should end up in the midfield.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Now that Brewster has scored a few for Swansea the Echo will be running a few articles saying he could save the club millions. 

he'll be like a new signing i have heard. 

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Shaqiri...one of the biggest mysteries in sport currently. JK just doesn't like him, period. Dunno why. He's a write off, Lallana is but Origi must be moved on for a more suitable replacement. Im sick of seeing him and Ox wide, it just doesn't bloody work at all its really infuriating. Cant imagine how Ox feels about it. Origi probably wouldn't be arsed.

i reckon Ox thinks he can play there. Personally I have seen nothing in a liverpool shirt to suggest he can do anything in the front 3. Personally I would like to see him relieve Milner of his job as stand in full back. 

4 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Curtis Jones develops, as he could be an option regards the Bobby role.

Do you see him as a font 3 player? Personally I think he'll end up replacing Gini. 

4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

he'll be like a new signing i have heard. 

i reckon Ox thinks he can play there. Personally I have seen nothing in a liverpool shirt to suggest he can do anything in the front 3. Personally I would like to see him relieve Milner of his job as stand in full back. 

Do you see him as a font 3 player? Personally I think he'll end up replacing Gini. 

Bobby tends to hover between the middle two attacking midfielders and the two wide players, almost creating a front five. He definitely should not be one of the two front wide players (same as ox shouldn't either) but the other three positions he will cope well. He showed with his goals against Everton and also against Aston villa that he knows where the goal is, he's not afraid to have a go and he has some good skills too. 

43 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Bobby tends to hover between the middle two attacking midfielders and the two wide players, almost creating a front five. He definitely should not be one of the two front wide players (same as ox shouldn't either) but the other three positions he will cope well. He showed with his goals against Everton and also against Aston villa that he knows where the goal is, he's not afraid to have a go and he has some good skills too. 

i don't think klopp works in a way where one player directly replaces another. he tries to tweak how we play all the time and each time he introduces someone new, that tweak is usually a bit bigger, he is constantly evolving with no new players which edges very slightly to a revolution with a new player (imo firmino is playing a different role now to 18 months ago). He will be looking at Jones, watching what he is good at and working how he can make a subtle reshape to our tactics if he becomes one of the guys in the main 15 who play the majority of games and perhaps tweak even more should he become an almost sure fire first XI player. My view is he doesn't see "the firmino role", he sees a front 3 of mane, firmino and salah and build tactics to suit their strengths. I think he would be more than happy to take a far more direct number 9 than firmino as it would allow him to alter what we do with mane and salah. Equally, I reckon he'd be happy to make them a front 2 and play a 442 (diamond or otherwise) if we had the right players to do it. 

Pathetic and sure to make us fall backwards.   Two years in a row our transfer budget has just vanished. 

We'll see if other clubs are similarly humstrung.   It's clear as day this squad is really weak in quite a few areas outside the first xi and very easily improved. 

18 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Pathetic and sure to make us fall backwards.   Two years in a row our transfer budget has just vanished. 

We'll see if other clubs are similarly humstrung.   It's clear as day this squad is really weak in quite a few areas outside the first xi and very easily improved. 

Spurs have already taken a loan, scum will most likely buy but with debt money again. Chelsea, man City and Everton (snigger) will most likely outspend everyone else

I'm puzzled if we aren't signing anyone. Surely we want to move certain players on - Lovren, Shaqiri, Origi (?) - as well as the likes of Grujic, Wilson, Karius who seem surplus to requirements. Are we going to cross our fingers and assume no injury crisis? The front 3 will all be 29 next year, there's a danger we're going to end up stuck with an ageing team in two or three years.