You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I just don't see how the reigning world, European and new premier League champions with Jürgen klopp as manager and a host of world class players already in place could attract other world class players.

I guess we'll have to stick to children and OAPs. 

Tweet from @JamesPearceLFC: Klopp on this summer: "This is a difficult year for all football clubs in the world and I don’t think it’s a time where we talk about transfers like the rest around us did not happen. It’s just not possible, at least not for us." (1/2)

Tweet from @JamesPearceLFC: Klopp: "We cannot do it like this, other clubs maybe can, but this club is run in a specific way. This is our way, here we are. Is it the best way? I don’t know, but it’s ours and we will probably stick to that." (2/2) #LFC

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1280619259236954114

1 minute ago, J-V said:

What was the point of extending the wasters contract.

Do Liverpool have to play Leicester before the end of the season? The only reason I can think of is to prevent him playing against us. I'm not even sure he has played enough matches for a medal.

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Do Liverpool have to play Leicester before the end of the season? The only reason I can think of is to prevent him playing against us. I'm not even sure he has played enough matches for a medal.

No, played them twice either side of Christmas. I think he has played 5 games though. 

If we sit here and watch possible the Mancs buckle and pay for Sanchez and Chelsea snatch up Werner and Havertz it will be fucking annoying I know that much. 

You can't on one hand keep shouting to the press how clever you are selling crap players that funded moves for great players then start saying there is no money when you've barely spent a penny in well over a year. 

We spent 8ml last year and sold 39ml worth of players. 

You would guess that another £25ml plus will be sold this summer with Wilson and Grujic at a minimum out the door. Lallana and Clyne wages gone. 

Still wouldn't be shocked to see Lovren, Shaqiri and even possible Milner if he wants back to Leeds. 

Yet the replacements talked about are all youth team players. 

Can only guess the money is being set aside to pay for the new training ground upgrades and stadium extension. 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If we sit here and watch possible the Mancs buckle and pay for Sanchez and Chelsea snatch up Werner and Havertz it will be fucking annoying I know that much. 

You can't on one hand keep shouting to the press how clever you are selling crap players that funded moves for great players then start saying there is no money when you've barely spent a penny in well over a year. 

We spent 8ml last year and sold 39ml worth of players. 

You would guess that another £25ml plus will be sold this summer with Wilson and Grujic at a minimum out the door. Lallana and Clyne wages gone. 

Still wouldn't be shocked to see Lovren, Shaqiri and even possible Milner if he wants back to Leeds. 

Yet the replacements talked about are all youth team players. 

Can only guess the money is being set aside to pay for the new training ground upgrades and stadium extension. 

A training ground which has £10m funding it from the sale of Melwood and the ground extension which they've put off indefinitely.

Will have to see what other clubs are doing but if its business as usual for most of them you have to ask why Liverpool cant spend any money. Despite 3 years CL qualification, winning 4 trophies, increased sponsorship, expanded stadium, bigger kit deal and at the peak of worldwide popularity. 

Even before the pandemic there's always been an excuse not to spend.

Need to get in the CL

Buying x player will block a younger players path.

No value in January

Player x didnt convince the transfer committee with his numbers.

Liverpool dont need to buy players because they are cleverer than everyone else. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Seems like the club are always desperate to put it out in the media that they are skint or everyone at the club is always happy with the squad they have.

Dont hear of any other clubs rushing to tell the world they are skint. 

Yup, this and very heavy traffic on the messaging to the fans that this is the club for youngsters to thrive over the past couple of weeks.