You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, Einch said:

What’s Willian’s situation at Chelsea? Worth a two year deal?

Frank lampard has said he's still trying to convince him to sign a longer extension but he is there until the end of the season at the moment. I think he's after a three year deal. 

2 hours ago, Einch said:

What’s Willian’s situation at Chelsea? Worth a two year deal?

I reckon Willian is exactly the reason we've backed out of Werner. Wasn't Willian one of the 1st players edwards tried to bring to the club before getting beat by Chelsea?

I like Willian, but he just doesn't have enough end product for me. But he's better than origi as the 1st off the bench. 

7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Are you like Man City? Trying to get some sort of rivalry going? 

He's taken you fucking dado rail 

6 hours ago, Numero said:

No, I’m laughing at your relentless needless negativity. It’s almost as negative as your rep count. 

Fuck you 

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Nothing about the Thiago link makes sense.

1) We're apparently not signing anybody

2) If we were signing someone, centre midfield is the last position we should be looking at.

3) He's 29, that's not how we operate these days.

4) The 'journalists' (Palmeri and Romano) who are most vocal about it happening have never been right about anything. Ever.

I'd be genuinely shocked if we signed him.

Nailed on then

12 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I reckon Willian is exactly the reason we've backed out of Werner. Wasn't Willian one of the 1st players edwards tried to bring to the club before getting beat by Chelsea?

I like Willian, but he just doesn't have enough end product for me. But he's better than origi as the 1st off the bench. 

Nab him and Angel Gomes off the mancs. Pick up some shit-hot young left back/winger who can back up Robbo and we're sorted.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Nothing about the Thiago link makes sense.

1) We're apparently not signing anybody

2) If we were signing someone, centre midfield is the last position we should be looking at.

3) He's 29, that's not how we operate these days.

4) The 'journalists' (Palmeri and Romano) who are most vocal about it happening have never been right about anything. Ever.

I'd be genuinely shocked if we signed him.

Has LFC insider Dave U just dropped a huge hint that Thiago is on his way to Liverpool? 

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Has LFC insider Dave U just dropped a huge hint that Thiago is on his way to Liverpool? 

@dave u is like the pill you take when you want out of the matrix. Once you take it, everything he says has the opposite effect. 

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Fernandes is younger but it took him about a week to deal with the physicality and he was playing in Portugal and Italy. If you're good enough, you're good enough and Thiago is good enough. 

You don't have to be good enough to be good, but he is good enough 

10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Willian won't leave London. That was the reason he originally picked Spurs over us. 

Do you not think after 7 years he might of scratched that itch and is ready for something different? Different might be an entirely different country, but this is his last good contract, providing we're paying a respectable amount he might come for a final football challenge? I would also imagine the number of Brazilian's we have at the club could be very persuasive if they're good buddies away with the national team. 

We also had brendan rodgers as manager back then and not jurgen klopp. 

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Do you not think after 7 years he might of scratched that itch and is ready for something different? Different might be an entirely different country, but this is his last good contract, providing we're paying a respectable amount he might come for a final football challenge? I would also imagine the number of Brazilian's we have at the club could be very persuasive if they're good buddies away with the national team. 

We also had brendan rodgers as manager back then and not jurgen klopp. 

Nope.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/willian-borges-chelsea

A direct quote from the article;

"I have played for Chelsea for more than six years now, and I can honestly say that I am very happy here. If you ask my wife if she wants to leave London, she’ll say no. My daughters feel the same way. Of course, Brazil is Brazil, right? It’s our home, our culture. We always feel good when we go there on holiday and see family and friends. But London is my second home"

21 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Nope.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/willian-borges-chelsea

A direct quote from the article;

"I have played for Chelsea for more than six years now, and I can honestly say that I am very happy here. If you ask my wife if she wants to leave London, she’ll say no. My daughters feel the same way. Of course, Brazil is Brazil, right? It’s our home, our culture. We always feel good when we go there on holiday and see family and friends. But London is my second home"

Arsenal it is then! As he clearly doesn't want to stay at Chelsea. 

5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Arsenal it is then! As he clearly doesn't want to stay at Chelsea. 

Spurs + Mourinho > Arsenal + Arteta

7 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I was pretty sure he was one of the players who was refusing to pkay at the end of mourinhos time there.