You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Guest Alex_K

Thiago and Wijnaldum are very different players.   Not mutually exclusive. If we can shift Shaqiri, Lallana and maybe Wilson to more or less cover the salary and some of the fee for Thiago then what’s not to love 

I would be very surprised to see Gini sold.

Klopp has alot of love for him and unless he has asked to leave this season (highly doubtful) he would be way better off leaving - if that is what he wants to do - next season as he will earn a shedload more cash as a free.

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Thiago and Wijnaldum are very different players.   Not mutually exclusive. If we can shift Shaqiri, Lallana and maybe Wilson to more or less cover the salary and some of the fee for Thiago then what’s not to love 

Grujic could go too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

Yeah, but he also said we'd not contacted them over it so he could just be creating a market. 

47 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

My mind must be playing tricks with me. I thought fabregas was bang average at Chelsea. 

Does anyone know who his agent is? With all the moment we spend on agents, I'm guessing we have some agents who are "ours" so to speak? 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'd rather get rid of Keita than Wijnaldum. I'm fed up of waiting for him to get some consistency. I know he's been unlucky with injuries but he's one of the most frustrating players who have ever played for us. 

I think that will be the case.  Gini will sign a new contract.

Guest Alex_K
5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

My mind must be playing tricks with me. I thought fabregas was bang average at Chelsea. 

Definitely playing tricks. First season he was imperious. By the end his legs had gone but he elevated them from also-rans to title winners in alongside Costa in 14/15.

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t think his injury record is quite as bad as being made out. He’s definitely had his problems but he’s hardly a Lallana or Sturridge. Last five seasons he’s played 42, 41, 32, 42 and 35 games. Not too bad. 

762CABAD-238C-4865-83BC-0E0A6B2D410F.png

That reads like Redknapps England career  

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'd rather get rid of Keita than Wijnaldum. I'm fed up of waiting for him to get some consistency. I know he's been unlucky with injuries but he's one of the most frustrating players who have ever played for us. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I hope this doesn't mean Milner has told Klopp that he wants to finish his career with Leeds. Or we have run out of patience with Keita. 

I think Gini is going to stay, unless he has a move to one of Spain’s big two I don’t see why he’d even contemplate leaving. 

I think we will shift Keita, probably for around the same money that is being talked about for Thiago Alcontâra. His stock is probably still high in Germany so maybe he’ll go back to Leipzig or on to Dortmund?

53 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t think his injury record is quite as bad as being made out. He’s definitely had his problems but he’s hardly a Lallana or Sturridge. Last five seasons he’s played 42, 41, 32, 42 and 35 games. Not too bad. 

762CABAD-238C-4865-83BC-0E0A6B2D410F.png

Interesting, I read in one of the articles yesterday about him he'd managed just under 150 games in 7 years