You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, Thoth said:

oh The Fummmmeeeeeeeeee

CHELSEA AND CITY WANT DIGNE

Chelsea and Manchester City are ready to battle for Everton left-back Lucas Digne, according to reports in the Mirror.

Both clubs are understood to be on the lookout for a new left-sided full back this summer.

Only the best left back in the world lid, took himraroff Barca cos that's wot we do with the Moshman. Den we saw that redshite Robbo, nah Digne fuckin shite la

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

No.

Really? No interest in where one of the greatest footballers ever to have graced the game might end up next? Ok. There is certainly no shame in showing interest in that. Sucks to be you I guess.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Really? No interest in where one of the greatest footballers ever to have graced the game might end up next? Ok. There is certainly no shame in showing interest in that. Sucks to be you I guess.

Yea mate, worrying about Messi is a recurring nightmare that I struggle with.

tenor.gif

Get the fuck outta here!!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Messi should leave at this point. The level of influence he has is unhealthy. He should go to a club where he's part of a collective again instead of his situation at Barca where people walk on eggshells to please him all the time. 

I don't think Messi could go anywhere and just be part of the collective. He's become too big for that. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

El Rojo getting outdone by some fly by night outfit called Varsky Sports. Shameful.

I really hope it doesn't work out this way, but I'm hearing murmurs that he will come in to replace Gini and/or Keita. 

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

I really hope it doesn't work out this way, but I'm hearing murmurs that he will come in to replace Gini and/or Keita. 

If he's an improvement on either or both, it has to be. This is how all great managers work to improve the team and keep the squad on it's toes.

15 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I could see us replacing gini with him if we can't get him to sign a new contract. Similar age, although Gini isn't another permi-crock. If we're signing him, it's almost like we're trying to give the doctors and fitness team a challenge as lovren and lallana are on their way out. 

Not a good overall outlook on this, considering the age profile and his injury record. The age element is far less important if he's available all the time, but that's a big if. There's already immense frustration with Naby Keita's constant stuttering start-stop record since he joined, could we, or Klopp deal with another like him? 

If he signs, on let's say a 3 year deal, with presumably big wages, what prospect is there of him having any resale value at 32/33? Again, that all hinges on his injury record, but we wait and see.

£35m + anything up to £200k a week on wages for a player who's available about half the time, has never played in a league as tough as this one, would have zero resale value, and plays in a position where we are already well stocked.

Given what they've achieved, if Klopp, Edwards and the rest of them are definitely going for it, I'm going to trust them. But on the face if it, it looks like the exact sort of stupid deal we don't do. I've got to be honest, it looks like a total waste of money.

Guest Alex_K

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

Thiago is a very good player but I can't see how he'd fit into the squad. A few weeks back, there was a lot of discussion about David Alaba. I'm not sure he is likely to or even wants to leave Bayern, but he is exactly the sort of player that could fit in. Klopp likes versatile players, and he is versatile enough that he would get a lot of games.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

I think its a done deal mate. 

Guest Alex_K
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think its a done deal mate. 

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

It would be a real balls on the table move. More risk than we usually take on, but equally, a move that would indicate how serious we are of keeping our current place at the top. One of the few players who is an actual upgrade to our starting 11. 

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Fabregas had grown up in the Premier League and was well used to the physicality. Thiago can't even stay fit playing in the Bundesliga. His first game with Martin Atkinson reffing would probably finish him for the season.

He would be comfortably our best centre mid when fit, not even close. But if he's only available as often as Sturridge was, what's the point?

Liverpool and Chelsea top the list of clubs keen on signing exciting Hoffenheim winger Nick Breitenbucher, according to a report.

Is zere anybody who speken ze old German? Poison Dwarf? 

https://m.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/2007/Artikel/hoffenheims-nick-breitenbuecher-im-fokus-des-fc-schalke-04-giftzwergiger-arjen-robben-ftr.html?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamtalk.com%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-chelsea-nick-breitenbucher-transfer