You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

23 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If this Club thinks it doesn't need reinforcements they are living in la la land. Yet again you see last night, when injury hits, we have to make do with Fabinho playing CB against one of the best attacking sides in the league. 

Its fucking ridiculous. Matip needs to go. Lovren needs to go. Origi is a waste of space and needs to go.

Elliot, Jones and Minamino cannot be relied on. Nor can Brewster.

Get your fucking chequebook out because everyone is gonna be gunning for us.

Question: what do you make of Klopp’s comments about the owners in the letter to the echo?

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Hearing we’re after Terry Nutkins on a 13 year deal, as per a small pamphlet produced by the Old Monkland public library in Lanarkshire.

Can’t believe we’re selling Mo like this.

We all dream of a team of Terry Nutkins

5 minutes ago, Numero said:

Question: what do you make of Klopp’s comments about the owners in the letter to the echo?

Easy answer. Klopp is an employee. What he says in the public and thinks in private will be two different things. I love the company I work for but the bosses leave a lot to be desired, but I'm not going to come out and actively criticise them publicly am i? Its the fast track to a relationship breakdown and then the parting of the ways.

All I'm saying is, Jurgen has performed miracles with this side, but its unfair to continue to ask him to do so. City will be gunning for us next year make no mistake and the others will be also trying to prove themselves.

We can't be relying on fucking Harvey Elliot and Crispy Matip.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Easy answer. Klopp is an employee. What he says in the public and thinks in private will be two different things. I love the company I work for but the bosses leave a lot to be desired, but I'm not going to come out and actively criticise them publicly am i? Its the fast track to a relationship breakdown and then the parting of the ways.

All I'm saying is, Jurgen has performed miracles with this side, but its unfair to continue to ask him to do so. City will be gunning for us next year make no mistake and the others will be also trying to prove themselves.

We can't be relying on fucking Harvey Elliot and Crispy Matip.

So instead of just not mentioning them, he decided to, without being asked about them, put in a bag of lies gushing and effusive in their praise? 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

So instead of just not mentioning them, he decided to, without being asked about them, put in a bag of lies gushing and effusive in their praise? 

He's thanked everybody, thats the guy he is and he's quite humble.

Maybe he just enjoys being left alone to do things the way he wants it, who knows. It will be interesting to see what happens if it goes tits up next season, because he was seething last night and there was nothing riding on it.

We are always one major injury away from a catastrophe, and its been that way for years. Every season we rely on super fitness to get through, from the same 11-13 players.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

He's thanked everybody, thats the guy he is and he's quite humble.

He did not just thank them, he said this. ‘The same goes for our owners and I cannot speak highly enough of them or what they have done. In modern football you have to have a vision, a strategy and an unshakeable commitment to the cause to stand any chance of being successful. On all three fronts, Fenway Sports Group have shown to me that they are leaders in the field. My appreciation for them is absolute’.

There’s absolutely no need for him to have said those things. Certainly not to say his appreciation is absolute. So why did he decide, from a position of strength and without needing to, did he decide to become a liar and tell such lies? And they’re definitely lies because there’s absolutely no way that he might actually know more about them than you and there’s no way he might think they’re good, because that’d not tally with this caricature you’ve created. 

So why did a man know for his humility and honesty decide to lie in this one area? 

Liverpool’s first summer signing has been laid out, according to Spanish paper Sport.

And the publication appear extremely confident Jurgen Klopp will make the Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara his first signing of the summer.

The report claims “negotiations are very advanced between the player and club and only the economics have to be worked out between the two sides”.

That could of course be a sticking point after Liverpool withdrew from the running to sign Timo Werner this summer.

Liverpool are believed to be unwilling to pay Bayern’s €35million asking price in full and want a discount on the 29-year-old, whose deal expires in 2021.

Goal claim Klopp is a “long-time admirer” of the Spain midfielder from his time as Borussia Dortmund boss.

22 minutes ago, Numero said:

He did not just thank them, he said this. ‘The same goes for our owners and I cannot speak highly enough of them or what they have done. In modern football you have to have a vision, a strategy and an unshakeable commitment to the cause to stand any chance of being successful. On all three fronts, Fenway Sports Group have shown to me that they are leaders in the field. My appreciation for them is absolute’.

There’s absolutely no need for him to have said those things. Certainly not to say his appreciation is absolute. So why did he decide, from a position of strength and without needing to, did he decide to become a liar and tell such lies? And they’re definitely lies because there’s absolutely no way that he might actually know more about them than you and there’s no way he might think they’re good, because that’d not tally with this caricature you’ve created. 

So why did a man know for his humility and honesty decide to lie in this one area? 

Ill say it again. He is their employee. They are his boss. He gets paid by them. He's a professional.

If Klopp loves them great, doesn't mean I have to. If Klopp wants to work with one hand behind his back he's entitled to do so, but don't expect everyone else to accept it, not with the money that is flowing through the Club after a successful period and no spending.

We have a decent 13 players, beyond that kids, injury crocs and players he just doesn't fancy. Top four maximum next year if we keep the same squad (with possibly losing Lallana and Shaqiri)

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fed up with negativity from some. Certain people go absent for months and come back to moan when we win the fucking league. Enjoy it.

Well said. Im as disappointed as anyone we didnt agree the deal with Werner. But, the window hasnt opened yet and no one knows whether Jurgen saw that as one of his least important targets.

I want to see young lads brought into the squad, players like Williams, Jones, Elliot, Hoever and maybe even Wilson or Brewster if he makes a fist of it at Swansea. None of these lads will be seen if we just go out and buy all these back ups.

And the quality of these demanded back ups will differ. Some expect a Mo, Sadio or Allison quality back up. Good luck with that!

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Well said. Im as disappointed as anyone we didnt agree the deal with Werner. But, the window hasnt opened yet and no one knows whether Jurgen saw that as one of his least important targets.

I want to see young lads brought into the squad, players like Williams, Jones, Elliot, Hoever and maybe even Wilson or Brewster if he makes a fist of it at Swansea. None of these lads will be seen if we just go out and buy all these back ups.

And the quality of these demanded back ups will differ. Some expect a Mo, Sadio or Allison quality back up. Good luck with that!

We do need signings, we did last summer, that turned out well for us keeping the team hungry. This summer we need a couple of players, I think we will get them.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ill say it again. He is their employee. They are his boss. He gets paid by them. He's a professional.

If Klopp loves them great, doesn't mean I have to. If Klopp wants to work with one hand behind his back he's entitled to do so, but don't expect everyone else to accept it, not with the money that is flowing through the Club after a successful period and no spending.

We have a decent 13 players, beyond that kids, injury crocs and players he just doesn't fancy. Top four maximum next year if we keep the same squad (with possibly losing Lallana and Shaqiri)

I certainly don’t expect everyone to agree with Klopp, I just think he might know more than you so I side with the manager and not somebody who celebrates one of the greatest title wins in history with criticism and doomsaying. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spot on.

Yea, we would all like same quality backup but you need cheating oil money to pay mega bucks to bench warmers. Let's see how that pans out for shitteh and FFP. 

It also deflates the young talent if there's no light at the end of the tunnel. 

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fed up with negativity from some. Certain people go absent for months and come back to moan when we win the fucking league. Enjoy it.

Why is an opposing view always negative? If you can't handle opposing views, thats on you.

I am made up we are european champs and premier league winners, but thats done now, next season awaits.

Our next job is to stay where we are. Thats the next challenge. All i know is, the way we did that in the day was to keep the team on its toes, fresh and challenged by bringing in new blood.

And thats a perfectly fine opinion to have

I’d be happy if we brought in a back up keeper/backup left back and a forward to replace Origi. 

Outs 

Adrian (replaced by new gk)

lovren ( replaced by hoever)

Lallana (replaced by Curtis Jones)

Shaqiri (replaced by Elliot)

origi ( replaced by a new forward) 

Shame we never got Werner as he would have been an ideal replacement for Origi and we could have probably raised the 50m with the above sales.

Seems the sticking point was the 200k per week wages. 

32 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why is an opposing view always negative? If you can't handle opposing views, thats on you.

I am made up we are european champs and premier league winners, but thats done now, next season awaits.

Our next job is to stay where we are. Thats the next challenge. All i know is, the way we did that in the day was to keep the team on its toes, fresh and challenged by bringing in new blood.

And thats a perfectly fine opinion to have

Your view is not far from mine we need players, it’s the repetition mate.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

I’d be happy if we brought in a back up keeper/backup left back and a forward to replace Origi. 

Outs 

Adrian (replaced by new gk)

lovren ( replaced by hoever)

Lallana (replaced by Curtis Jones)

Shaqiri (replaced by Elliot)

origi ( replaced by a new forward) 

Shame we never got Werner as he would have been an ideal replacement for Origi and we could have probably raised the 50m with the above sales.

Seems the sticking point was the 200k per week wages. 

This would give us a 23 man squad containing:

The 1st Eleven from last night 

bench of new Gk, new forward, Milner, Keita, ox, Matip, minamino 

youngsters looking to break through- Williams, new LB, hoever,, Jones , Elliot