You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

9 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

More than 300m spent on Dembele, Griezmann and De Jong, and all three of them have been utter, utter shite.

Not to forget the 140 million on Coutinho. I thought De Jong was doing good, mind you am just going by some of my barca supporting friends, I don't watch barca play.

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Not to forget the 140 million on Coutinho. I thought De Jong was doing good, mind you am just going by some of my barca supporting friends, I don't watch barca play.

Don't know what Jair's talking about, De Jong has been excellent. I mean, he's not wrong about Barca being a complete mess, just about that bit.

I find the idea that we'd be after Thiago pretty fanciful. We're hesitating to give Gini, who is in great shape and hasn't had any serious injuries recently a new deal because he's 29. But we're supposed to be after another 29 year-old midfielder with recent history of injury? I can't see that happening, no matter what the press says. It smacks of an agent trying to drive up prices/interest from other parties, a la Nicolas Pepe last summer.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We need a threat through the middle. I love Bobby but when he's off form we suffer badly. 

I’m going to challenge that. He’s been largely off form this season and we’ve been okay.

I really don't watch enough European football these days and I'm too old for computer games. 

Is this thiago lad any use or a bit meh? 

I'll hop on the bandwagon and act like a crying fanny if we don't get him. But I need to know whether he's worth moaning about first :-) 

• Upvote 1

It's like reverse phycology we all scanning looking for lb and stand in for front three and all we getting is rumours of a GK and a midfielder.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I really don't watch enough European football these days and I'm too old for computer games. 

Is this thiago lad any use or a bit meh? 

I'll hop on the bandwagon and act like a crying fanny if we don't get him. But I need to know whether he's worth moaning about first :-) 

Bit like yourself think we will make do with our current midfielders and add Jones and Grujic and Keita to that rotational mix.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I’m going to challenge that. He’s been largely off form this season and we’ve been okay.

Okay we don't suffer badly that's a bit hyperbole but we lack the cutting edge our build up play and possession deserves at times. We're still shit  hot but we should be burying teams most of the time with the way we play. I don't want Bobby fucked off I want an alternative.

15 minutes ago, Em City said:

29 or not, Thiago is a bargain at 35 million. He would give our midfield a whole new dimension.

So would Havertz at double the money that's the conundrum for Klopp and the finance guys to work out.  Without being down on the player if Keita can get fit and injury free it genuinely will feel like we have signed a new player. Yip two years (possibly three) but everyone on here mostly positive ref his talent and ability let's see how f he can forge some sort of career here.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

“Only the economics have to be worked out between the two sides”. 

It ain’t happening. 

LFC: "We'll give you 10 million and a few boxes of Erdinger that Robbo and Joe haven't drank yet"

Bayern: "We would like 35 million"

LFC: "You drive a hard bargain. How about we throw in Dejan Lovren, Adrian and a family size pack of Walkers"

Bayern hangs up phone.

If this Club thinks it doesn't need reinforcements they are living in la la land. Yet again you see last night, when injury hits, we have to make do with Fabinho playing CB against one of the best attacking sides in the league. 

Its fucking ridiculous. Matip needs to go. Lovren needs to go. Origi is a waste of space and needs to go.

Elliot, Jones and Minamino cannot be relied on. Nor can Brewster.

Get your fucking chequebook out because everyone is gonna be gunning for us.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2