You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

At the expense of who Gomes and Lovren, do you not think it would risk losing momentum? Blooding the odd kid is ok I suppose.

After City we have 6 games in 18 days, everyone will be getting a game. No way he will flog them to death to chase an oil inflated record that could well be expunged anyway.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Breaking, manchester united not prepared to pay more than £50m for sancho from Dortmund. So we're not the only ones 'skint' then.

Good because he'll be joining us in the summer of 2022.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Breaking, manchester united not prepared to pay more than £50m for sancho from Dortmund. So we're not the only ones 'skint' then.

Isn't this the man united negotiating method? We won't pay a penny more then 50% less then you want. Ok, 60%. Ok 60% with add ons. Ok, we've pissed you off, we'll give you 100% up front with a 25% sell on clause. They've done it on just about every signing they've made over a few mil for years. Probably going back as far as fellaini. 

37 minutes ago, No2 said:

After City we have 6 games in 18 days, everyone will be getting a game. No way he will flog them to death to chase an oil inflated record that could well be expunged anyway.

Is the correct answer. Myself, Id love Andy Lonergan to get 5 sub appearances to get a medal. Isnt going to happen I know but what a story that would be for the lad. European Champion, World Champion and Premier League Champions medals at the arse end of a career that hit the heights at Preston and other lower league clubs.

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Is the correct answer. Myself, Id love Andy Lonergan to get 5 sub appearances to get a medal. Isnt going to happen I know but what a story that would be for the lad. European Champion, World Champion and Premier League Champions medals at the arse end of a career that hit the heights at Preston and other lower league clubs.

It would be great to get him some game time, maybe a match that would boil some piss for West Ham or Villa.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I may be wrong (usually am) but I thought the PL changed the qualifying criteria for a winners medal and they just gave the same amount of medals as those squad players registered with them. 

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I may be wrong (usually am) but I thought the PL changed the qualifying criteria for a winners medal and they just gave the same amount of medals as those squad players registered with them. 

That was my understanding too, the club are given x amount and they dish them out as they see fit. Martin Tyler was banging on about some lads needing appearances so maybe we're wrong. Anyone that appears in a squad even once has played their part and should get a medal, it's not as if the league can't afford them.

I'm a bit shocked United aren't going all in for Sancho. He's a brilliant talent and unlike us, he massively improves them immediately. 

Dortmund is a huge club. If they are acting the knobhead, they will be told to fcuk off fairly fast. 

I still think if he is there by the end of this summer, he is the expensive replacement for Mo or Sadio next summer. I wouldn't rule out Real looking to buy him.

48 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Jones and Elliot need another three appearances, and Williams needs four.

Yeah, think it is still 5 league appearances for a medal.