You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I’m with you on this. Big fan of his. He starts for Arsenal though so not sure he’d want to go back to being a rotation option as there’s no way he’s going to start ahead of Mane or Robbo when everyone is fit.

He is young enough though, he can play right down the left and would get plenty of games. Is he not out of contract next year?

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is young enough though, he can play right down the left and would get plenty of games. Is he not out of contract next year?

Yes, end of 2021. He’s a jet, and was always one of their best players every time I caught their match. Madness they spent big money on Tierney last summer.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yes, end of 2021. He’s a jet, and was always one of their best players every time I caught their match. Madness they spent big money on Tierney last summer.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I laugh when they talk about Tierney in terms of Robertson, he could be like him.

He needs to stay fit and do it, talk is cheap. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sarr would be good if he has a relegation clause but he has to get better technically. He's very impressive physically and has great potential because of that but he's a bit awkward and unclean on the ball. 

He's come a long way over the season though, which bodes well in terms of work ethic. Genuinely thought he'd never played football before at the start of the season. 

Just watching Thommo on SSN and he's 100% correct; stand still and go backwards, strengthen while you're on top.

Werner would have been ideal but that's history already. We should be looking to bring in 3 players; a proper left back to back up Robbo, a creative midfielder who can unlock defences and chip in with goals, and a wide forqard with real pace.

Can't see it happening but that would be a perfect summer window imo.

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Saka is interesting but he’d have to be more than that to get a game in our forward line. If he’s a full back option then he’d need more game’s than we’d be offering to develop. Good player though and Klopp is the perfect manager for him.

He’s been playing CM too!!

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

City allegedly after Koulibaly but will cost them £72m. Hell of a lot of money for a 29 year old, especially one who has never played in England. Good player but he's not the long term replacement for Kompany.

He's got another 3 or 4 years in him and City won't give a fuck about the cost. 

We want a player to come in to cover for the both Salah or Mane for 2 years.

Ideally, he'd be a proven international who's had experience at top clubs.

That was meant to be Shaqiri.

But there's no point having cover from someone who is never fit.

Never fit cover is about as useful as a flat spare tire.

That's the best description I can think of about Shaqiri.

A flat spare tire.

I am also sick of seeing the experiment of Oxlade and Origi out wide, and am pretty sure I'll be adding Minamino to that list too.

There are plenty of players who would add more value out wide. The concern would be how their arrival impacts on the overall culture and harmony.

Oxlade can play 2 positions in the middle 3 well, and both wide positions to a certain level. Origi can cover for the front 3. Neither player causes any problems for Klopp, and both are well liked by their teammates.

We have Elliot and Curtis Jones to bring in too.

My feeling is that unless Klopp believes a signing will maintain the overall quality of the first team when starting, he won't be spending big.

My feeling is that he didn't believe that to be the case with Werner.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

My feeling is that unless Klopp believes a signing will maintain the overall quality of the first team when starting, he won't be spending big.

My feeling is that he didn't believe that to be the case with Werner.

Hasn't it been done to death why we didn't sign Werner?

First of all I want to see Ben White. I know he's only playing in the championship but he looks THAT good. Some sort of cover at left back. Given the strength of our midfield I wouldn't mind someone who is better going forward than defending. Preferably someone versatile who is young or a mature player on a free. As for a marquee signing either a creative midfielder or another attacking option. 

If well sell Origi, Wilson, Grujic and a few others it seems feasible.