You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

My last word on this matter. 

It’s quite obvious some people here a either...

1) Not happy unless they are moaning.

2) Just have a negative outlook on stuff.
3) Cannot or refuse to see the bigger picture. 
4) A bit thick. 

5) A combination of all the above. 

Every counter point is always met with the same response. 

“Enjoy it, we’re gonna win the league” - Yeah but FSG are tight.

“Klopp leaving is 4 years away” - Yeah but FSG are tighter than a duck arse. 

“We have a number young players in the squad and talent coming through” - Yeah but FSG are tighter than a drum.

Its tiresome in the extreme & pointless even discussing. 

Youse worry yourselves into an early grave and I’ll have a great time enjoying the ride. 

But you won bestest fan on the internet. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

My last word on this matter. 

It’s quite obvious some people here a either...

1) Not happy unless they are moaning.

2) Just have a negative outlook on stuff.
3) Cannot or refuse to see the bigger picture. 
4) A bit thick. 

5) A combination of all the above. 

Every counter point is always met with the same response. 

“Enjoy it, we’re gonna win the league” - Yeah but FSG are tight.

“Klopp leaving is 4 years away” - Yeah but FSG are tighter than a duck arse. 

“We have a number young players in the squad and talent coming through” - Yeah but FSG are tighter than a drum.

Its tiresome in the extreme & pointless even discussing. 

Youse worry yourselves into an early grave and I’ll have a great time enjoying the ride. 

It isn't that people want to moan. We battled for years to get into the top 4 and luckily Arsenal nosedived and Spurs bought no one and stood still. Man Utd have been average since 2013.  We took advantage of that and made some top quality signings. 

People are worried about us working so hard to get to where are that we aren't building on it like we have in the past. We failed to build on our treble season in 2001 and didnt take advantage of our Champions League win in 2005. 

We have a manager who has put us ahead of a club who has unlimited resources on a net spend similar to some of the clubs in the bottom half of the league. The owners will want his successor to work along similar lines to Klopp but he is a one off. 

They are legitimate points but obviously a lot of us make them very often (me included). I can still appreciate what is happening now and it is the best time to be a Liverpool fan for a long time but I want it to go on longer than a few seasons, just like we all do. 

• Upvote 4

Anyone see that Louie Sibley at Derby?

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

i'd rather buy him than a big European star signing. 

I love the idea of watching a young side develop under Klopp,  I get more joy from watching football that way.  I have much less frustration watching a young player make mistakes than I do watching Firmino, at age 28, laying off balls to someone a yard away in a packed opposition box. 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

high.

On a free his wages would be 

I doubt they would be that high.

If we signed Alaba we could finally get rid of Lovren.

With Lallana, Clyne and Lovren off the wage bill it should give us some room to bring in someone?

21 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Alaba is on €10m per year.

I stand corrected!

In that case it's not even worth thinking about. 

We need a versatile player to come in and take over the Milner role. We can't keep playing him at left back as we lose that natural width going forward. 

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I stand corrected!

In that case it's not even worth thinking about. 

We need a versatile player to come in and take over the Milner role. We can't keep playing him at left back as we lose that natural width going forward. 

The Milner at left back is done I think, or should be. Guerrero at Dortmund would have been ideal.