You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

If you were running our club, or any PL club, what would be your thinking with regard to finances this summer, and this season, and next year? 

Obviously, income from supporters is a huge question mark, so how do you replicate that?  Might this now be a time to go solo in terms of tv deals?  If more people stay at home, there's an argument that demand for live sports on telly will grow further. 

But is there a good argument for crowds to return, in full, with face masks being mandatory inside the ground? 

What about No Deal Brexit, how will that affect clubs?  Any idea about specifics? 

33 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If you were running our club, or any PL club, what would be your thinking with regard to finances this summer, and this season, and next year? 

Obviously, income from supporters is a huge question mark, so how do you replicate that?  Might this now be a time to go solo in terms of tv deals?  If more people stay at home, there's an argument that demand for live sports on telly will grow further. 

But is there a good argument for crowds to return, in full, with face masks being mandatory inside the ground? 

What about No Deal Brexit, how will that affect clubs?  Any idea about specifics? 

I think if we have to start next season without the grounds open, they should look into the possiblity of those games being available on ppv. 

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

I think if we have to start next season without the grounds open, they should look into the possiblity of those games being available on ppv. 

I can see maybe initially a percentage of fans allowed in but having the concourse closed for business. Toilets only. 

And it’s a definite yes from me with regards to Coutinho. It would be crap seeing him playing for another English club. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I can see maybe initially a percentage of fans allowed in but having the concourse closed for business. Toilets only. 

And it’s a definite yes from me with regards to Coutinho. It would be crap seeing him playing for another English club. 

I am pretty sure the government plan currently is not opening at all until October. Even if it's a partial opening after that, I still think they should make the games available on ppv. They've banged on enough about worrying about people gathering for games. If they're allowing 15-20k per match into anfield, there'll be all kinds trying to get in, especially if it's not readily available on TV for pubs etc. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Bayern have given up as he’s coming to us...

Sane seems like the kind of fella who wouldn't give a shit going to a "rival". He's like a Sterling in that sense. He would demand some wage if he was on a free and that could be an issue for fsg, but to me he's a no brainer signing. 

Left field shout - Carlos Fernández. 24, on loan at Granada from Sevilla. He's a forward that looks like he could play anywhere in the front three. Had a cruciate injury when he was about 20/21 which obviously put the brakes on his development. 

Good technically, reasonably quick, phenomenal movement off the ball.

Sort it out Edwards.

20 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Left field shout - Carlos Fernández. 24, on loan at Granada from Sevilla. He's a forward that looks like he could play anywhere in the front three. Had a cruciate injury when he was about 20/21 which obviously put the brakes on his development. 

Good technically, reasonably quick, phenomenal movement off the ball.

Sort it out Edwards.

Not needed... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/academy/398664-joe-hardy-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc

It depends doesn’t it.  If no club has committed putting pen to paper yet then why would he risk it.  Maybe the club he’s agreed to sign have said they won’t sign him unless he agrees to leave on the 30 June as they don’t want him getting injured.  It’s worked the other way as well.  Bournemouth have let Ibe go without offering him an extension for the last 9 games.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It depends doesn’t it.  If no club has committed putting pen to paper yet then why would he risk it.  Maybe the club he’s agreed to sign have said they won’t sign him unless he agrees to leave on the 30 June as they don’t want him getting injured.  It’s worked the other way as well.  Bournemouth have let Ibe go without offering him an extension for the last 9 games.

Ibe available on free you say ? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Guest said:

Exactly, would any of us risk our livelihood to help our soon to be ex employers? I bet they weren’t popping any clauses in there to say they’d pay him if he got injured.