You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd have Coutinho back now.

He's a great role model for Elliott, tons of experience, no tiime to settle, motivated to prove people wrong, he's perfect.

And once he starts playing great football for us again we could offer him to Barcelona for £150 million 

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd have Coutinho back now.

He's a great role model for Elliott, tons of experience, no tiime to settle, motivated to prove people wrong, he's perfect.

Great role model as in how to be a cunt to get what you want, try to

poison the dressing room and go on virtual strike?

Fuck him. Bed, made, lie.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Great role model as in how to be a cunt to get what you want, try to

poison the dressing room and go on virtual strike?

Fuck him. Bed, made, lie.

I don't think Klopp has any animosity towards him, which seems to dampen down those claims you make about poisoning the dressing room.  Klopp wouldn't stand for that.

Phil knows he acted the cunt, Phil knows it went wrong, Phil knows that he would have zero second chances of fucking up under Klopp.  

I don't resent Coutinho for going, he's a young Brazilian lad, they dreamed all their lives about a big move to Barca or Real, it's in their DNA, stop punishing the lad for it.  We have no idea if Alisson, Fabinho or Bobby might do the same thing.

I just think it's absolutely silly to turn our back on a deal for a player like that when he's exactly the sort of player we've needed in some games to unlock things against a deep defence, especially from a set-piece. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Id take back a humbled Countinho who will feel he has to bleed for the shirt, if the cost is low. He could contribute.

This. I have been conflicted with him because he wanted to leave but without a doubt he regrets it. I thought he would become a world superstar at Barca. Tbh, I wanted Torres back until the day he hung up his boots (I know) and his move was far worse than Coutinho. 

If Coutinho hadn't played for us before we would look at him and say yeah, he could do a very good job here. If we took him back he would have a point to prove plus he wouldn't be the star of the team either so he would have to work extra hard to re-establish himself. 

If Klopp wants him then fine, If Klopp doesn't then fuck him. 

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This. I have been conflicted with him because he wanted to leave but without a doubt he regrets it. I thought he would become a world superstar at Barca. Tbh, I wanted Torres back until the day he hung up his boots (I know) and his move was far worse than Coutinho. 

If Coutinho hadn't played for us before we would look at him and say yeah, he could do a very good job here. If we took him back he would have a point to prove plus he wouldn't be the star of the team either so he would have to work extra hard to re-establish himself. 

If Klopp wants him then fine, If Klopp doesn't then fuck him. 

Not sure about that, we don't look at too many players of his age who have spent the best part of three seasons in and out of form.

Think he has actually got worse as a footballer since his best days with us, it's not just a case of him not quite fitting into how Barca or Bayern play. Seems to have become much more limited with his passing range and relies too much on his reverse-Robben move, and doesn't seem willing to put in the defensive work any more. I mean obviously he was never exactly N'Golo Kante or anything, but even when Rodgers was here he would do the basics of pressing at least. I remember seeing a couple of appearances for Barca and Bayern where he was doing fuck all out of possession and there's no chance he could get away with that here.

I've zero issue with Coutinho wanting to go to Barcelona.  It was a dream of his and so he would have been crazy not to push for it when the chance arose. As I've got older I've actually come to the idea that I think it's a bit sad when a player just sticks with one football club for his entire career.  They should travel and play in other countries. I think it's great now that English youngsters are travelling abroad to start their careers like Sancho.  However, how Coutinho did it was a bit off.  But that's water under the bridge.

I wouldn't want him back though as I just don't think he's a Klopp type player. I felt from day one that he'd be sold by Klopp to get more pacy players who move the ball at speed and and can be playing the initial ball in their own box and then tapping in at the other end 10 seconds later. That's not Phil.

The club has also denied this so many times that I can't believe it's even a topic of conversation?  He's not coming.  Not a chance.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Coutinho would be a great asset from the bench or in a rotation.

It has to be at the discount price , but we all know FSG won’t overpay.

Agreed. He’d get loads of game time. I’d take him back so long as we don’t ever play him in CM as he was always very poor when played there.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Agreed. He’d get loads of game time. I’d take him back so long as we don’t ever play him in CM as he was always very poor when played there.

Only he wasn't 

Especially in the second half of 2013/14 season. He was fantastic playing in the midfield three with Hendo and Gerrard with Sterling as the 10 and Sturridge and Suarez up top. He was instrumental in many games keeping the pace quick and moving the ball on quickly for the front three

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Only he wasn't 

Especially in the second half of 2013/14 season. He was fantastic playing in the midfield three with Hendo and Gerrard with Sterling as the 10 and Sturridge and Suarez up top. He was instrumental in many games keeping the pace quick and moving the ball on quickly for the front three

He was woeful. Took too much risk, lost his man too may times. One of the main reasons we didn’t win back then was because our midfield was too soft. The midfield experiment is over. He’s a an attacker. Play him there or don’t play him at all.

• Downvote 1

I haven't seen it, but apparently there is a hint from Bobby that he would be happy to see Coutinho return. 

Anyone know his twitter handle? 

4 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I haven't seen it, but apparently there is a hint from Bobby that he would be happy to see Coutinho return. 

Anyone know his twitter handle? 

I didn't think he had a twitter but apparently he has

https://twitter.com/roberto_firmino?s=20

This is definitely him 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

He was woeful. Took too much risk, lost his man too may times. One of the main reasons we didn’t win back then was because our midfield was too soft. The midfield experiment is over. He’s a an attacker. Play him there or don’t play him at all.

Playing Coutinho with a proper holding Mid in Fab would take away some defensive responsibility. Playing against some of the shite, Coutinho would be a great option playing thru the middle.