You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

From some Irish paper so I’m assuming it’s crap. 

562C2E56-5B87-43F7-847B-CB467B4E28A0.png

A loan move might interest the club at this moment, especially if they feel Barca may be unable to pay anything outstanding from the transfer fee. But at his age and Barca's expectations, it would seem what coutinho wants is irrelevant. 

Everybody being fit and available, Coutinho would still improve us more than Werner.

Still, he’s gone down that route of playing bit part roles for a few seasons, so you’d have to question whether he could turn it on again or whether he’d have the motivation level required. 

Thought City might have looked at him as a replacement for Silva. 

1 hour ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Liverpool are monitoring developments at Hamilton Academical, with one eye firmly placed on making a swoop for Scottish youth international defender Jamie Hamilton. Wolves are also keen on slapping a bid on the table for the 18 year old, while Everton were previously interested until Liverpool made their intentions clear. 

This may or may not be true, but the player does exist and the headline was an exclusive on Teamtalk so probably bullshit. 

@El Rojo, any news on this? 

We should be looking at the young African lad at Brechin 

Coutinho allows us to rotate the front three, change shape when needed and bring goals from midfield. He wouldn’t have a nailed on starting place or position but he’d play as much as most of the team. On a loan in the current circumstances it would be a no brainer. Sacking off Lallana and Shaqiri should cover his wages you’d think.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Everybody being fit and available, Coutinho would still improve us more than Werner.

Still, he’s gone down that route of playing bit part roles for a few seasons, so you’d have to question whether he could turn it on again or whether he’d have the motivation level required. 

Thought City might have looked at him as a replacement for Silva. 

While he might offer more immediately, for me the Werner signing would not just have been making up the numbers now, but preparing for one of the existing front 3 to not be here or their levels drop - Salah and mane rely on their pace and power a great deal and we don't know how they'll handle that when they inevitably drop off. Or firmino relies on his work rate and maintaining that into his 30s may be tough. 

There'd have to be some concerns about his back, ya know. The little shit fuck. 

Hasn't Jurgen said numerous times before that he has no desire to work with players he's worked with before? That's even before you take into account the stories told while the little rat was engineering his move away.

43 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

There'd have to be some concerns about his back, ya know. The little shit fuck. 

Hasn't Jurgen said numerous times before that he has no desire to work with players he's worked with before? That's even before you take into account the stories told while the little rat was engineering his move away.

I'm pretty sure klopp wanted to bring gotze here but we didn't get in the CL when we lost to Seville and he turned us down. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm pretty sure klopp wanted to bring gotze here but we didn't get in the CL when we lost to Seville and he turned us down. 

That was a bullet dodged there, with Gotze. Dortmund have said they aren't renewing him and he's been inconsequential for about 5 years now. 

On Coutinho, given we won't sign anybody and he's desperate after two big failures, a loan on reduced wages now makes a lot of sense for us and him. Although if I were him, I'd consider going to a smaller team where he could play every game and enjoy his football.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That was a bullet dodged there, with Gotze. Dortmund have said they aren't renewing him and he's been inconsequential for about 5 years now. 

On Coutinho, given we won't sign anybody and he's desperate after two big failures, a loan on reduced wages now makes a lot of sense for us and him. Although if I were him, I'd consider going to a smaller team where he could play every game and enjoy his football.

And we signed Mane instead!

I can see Coutinho going to Leicester if they could perform some voodoo magic with his wages. Sell the overrated Englishman and replace him with a better loan player.

He needs to find the right club or he’ll end up bouncing around teams for the next 5 years getting a bit shitter each time. I’m more than happy for Klopp to squeeze a couple of good years out of him before he goes that way.

Wasn't quite sure were to put this ; 

Pedro Chirivella on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

“I only have words of gratefulness. He’s been very great to me, and I can only thank him.”

“I will tell my kids and my grandkids that I was trained by one of the best coaches in the history of football.”

All the best Pedro!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Wasn't quite sure were to put this ; 

Pedro Chirivella on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

“I only have words of gratefulness. He’s been very great to me, and I can only thank him.”

“I will tell my kids and my grandkids that I was trained by one of the best coaches in the history of football.”

All the best Pedro!

Nice touch, hope he goes on to have a good career.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Regardless, the point someone made was just klopp doesn't want to work with players he's worked with before. I think that was an illustration of he would. We got mane, so nobody can have regrets about how it turned out, but who knows what level klopp may have got gotze to. Coutinho is another case in point, he's struggled since he left us under a number of managers, but he was great under klopp and there's no reason to think he couldn't do that again. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who does?

You think we take domestic cups seriously?

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

City take it seriously?

Guardiola on the League Cup:

"Eliminate competitions, take out this competition," 

Yet they keep winning them. 

Edit.. having a dislike of the competition and not wanting it to exist and not wanting to compete in it are two different things. We don't even begin to try.