You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep. Dont know how he does it, makes £7m for the club after they paid £27m for him. Should get him on the Brexit negotiations.

To be fair, getting £7m back at this stage in Snides career is pretty good work.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Has he gone now so taints the derby as they won't be able to play him? #taintedtitle

Yes but Nice got them down from €7m (£6.2m) to €2m which is about £1.6m.  It can go in the kitty to slap the money on the table for Hames Rodriguez.

They must have had the same team negotiating the kit deal and the cazoo sponsorship.

27 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If we havent got any money then that Is absolute bullshit from the owners. Football has only been suspended for 3 months. Yes we would have lost money but not to the point of we have zero transfer funds. 

Yep, Chelsea seem to be making this Hazard and Morata money stretch for a long time, considering they bought 3 players Kovacic, Pulisic and Ziyech who cost over £110m combined. Now they want/have Werner, Chilwell and Havertz.

We will see who else spends money to see whether the owners are talking shit.

I’m fully expecting another transfer window like last summer, if we sign anybody significant, I’ll treat it as a bonus.

Although I’d have liked another quality back up attacker & left back (same as last summer) I’m not down about it.

If the AFCON is cancelled, it significantly lessens our need for back up to Mane & Salah.

Also, although I wouldn’t want them in the starting line up most week, Wilson & Origi can do a job when needed, especially against lesser sides.

It’d be good if Shaq could get himself fit or stay but I suppose that is unlikely. 

Ox does a job up as well. Not his best position but he certainly contributed from there this season.

I’m looking forward to how Minamino & Jones develop. It’d be great if they could both get a rhythm in the remainder of the season - they should get opportunities.

I feel if Minamino & Keita hit good form before the end of the season, it’d lessen quite a lot of the complaints.

You never stand still in football and it looks like our owners havent learnt that. This could be our third transfer window where we have only spent £7m in all 3 of them on a first team player. 

This is going to bite us hard if other teams spend and we have not. I want us to win the title again next season so we can celebrate properly but if we stand still it will be a massive mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m fully expecting another transfer window like last summer, if we sign anybody significant, I’ll treat it as a bonus.

Although I’d have liked another quality back up attacker & left back (same as last summer) I’m not down about it.

If the AFCON is cancelled, it significantly lessens our need for back up to Mane & Salah.

Also, although I wouldn’t want them in the starting line up most week, Wilson & Origi can do a job when needed, especially against lesser sides.

It’d be good if Shaq could get himself fit or stay but I suppose that is unlikely. 

Ox does a job up as well. Not his best position but he certainly contributed from there this season.

I’m looking forward to how Minamino & Jones develop. It’d be great if they could both get a rhythm in the remainder of the season - they should get opportunities.

I feel if Minamino & Keita hit good form before the end of the season, it’d lessen quite a lot of the complaints.

Spot on. We’re the best team in the world and 25 points ahead of the greatest team the world has ever seen. We’ve finally got the settled squad we’ve been crying for years and we need to enjoy it. Do we really want to go back to ye olde transfer window threads wanting 10 of our duds signed in the last window out and another 10 bums in. 

Although I was disappointed not getting Werner, Id like to see us properly develop a striker and a left back from the youth set up without us pressuring them to be rushed into the team to replace absolute garbage like Balotelli, Benteke & Lambert.

Klopps not soft. He knows the score. 

• Upvote 1