You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

All the local hacks are acting like forelock-tugging spin doctors for the club. It's the classic 'turn a negative into a positive' sleight of hand: take the plan to bring on youth AND buy top players, turn that into an either/or policy, and then say that instead of buying top players we'll be bringing on youth. The truth is we were always going to bring on Elliott and Jones etc. There's only a negative: we can't afford, as champions, to strengthen our team via the transfer market. Decent, honest, independent hacks would be noting that rather than spinning this as some 'refreshing' move to bring on young players. It's patronising crap.

I think this is what pisses people off most. If they just kept shut or made one article about the clubs doesn't want to block the path of X this year so will be quiet window people would move on. 

Its the constant wankfestvof 'how clever we are', 'Didn't sign because X didn't show the commitment' etc

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hoever will probably become the 4th choice centre back. Lovren earns about 100 grand a week.

Hope so. 3 Stacks and I were in an Internet rep fight to the death over that, and being proven right is worth far more to me than any silverware the club may potentially win.

3 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

Hope so. 3 Stacks and I were in an Internet rep fight to the death over that, and being proven right is worth far more to me than any silverware the club may potentially win.

Jokes on you, I agree with you now. Bet you don't know what to say. 

Last summer when we didn’t sign anyone but a couple of kids, I remember people shouting:  ”We’ve just won the CL. Not using our position to strengthen our squad is madness. F*** off FSG!”

I guess all your nightmares came through; 29 games, 27-1-1 so far.

Is it really the end of the world, or the end of any logical ambition to go yet another summer without a big name signed? Or maybe we should just copy what they do a couple of miles east down M62: Angel di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Bastian Schweinsteiger,  Radamel Facao, Sebastian Veron to name a few.

Relax fellas, we’ll do OK next season.  It’s been a long time since we’ve had youngster of the quality we now have knocking on the door. I look forward to see them force their way into the team. I anticipate a wet dream, not a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

@The Woolster

I dunno, from reading the article, my feeling was Klopp was talking about discussions that had taken place, which I think every club was doing, with regards to forfeiting money to go to the NHS, charity funds or non-playing staff, and discussions that were taking place with the PFA, so I don't assume it is something that has actually happened.

However, profits don't pay wages, cash does. I could well see us asking the players if they are ok with us to pay them quarterly rather than monthly, as that would be in line with when we get paid by the Premier League and Uefa, especially as we will be without the regular match day income.

On 04/06/2020 at 22:28, Bruce Spanner said:

Kind of, but then you factor in it’s not part of FFP costs and it’s a guaranteed income generator It just looks like caution first capitalism, which is anathema to what I thought capitalism was.

But hey-ho.

Hope you and yours are good?

Not bad thanks mate, bored of this lockdown shite, but - in grand scheme of things - that's fine.  Hope you're well.

edit: just found this unsubmitted... 

• Upvote 1

We'll see some of these kids over the next month or so and it'll be interesting to see if Williams, Elliot, Jones, Hoever, maybe even Larouci or Lewis get much of a chance and cope with the league. 

I think left-back is a must. Plus a forward if Origi moves on, which I think he well could.

It really is groundhog day.

Liverpool are considering a £6.6million bid to sign exciting Turkish duo Ravil Tagir and Burak Ince, according to a report.

The pair play for Turkish second-tier side Altinordu and have made a combined 46 appearances this season.

Tagir, a 17-year-old defender, has made the most progress to date, playing 26 of 28 league games this term.

What’s more, he is also working his way through Turkey’s youth ranks, currently playing at Under-17 level.

Attacking midfielder Ince, meanwhile, is at Under-16 level on the international stage and he has been involved in four goals in 19 appearances this campaign.

According to Yeni Asir, Liverpool are considering a swoop for the pair for a combined price of €7.5million (£6.6million).

Negotiations between both clubs are reportedly underway and the Altinordu president has backed the pair to move to the Premier League.

Am starting to wonder if there might be a Chinese heist of the top players in Europe. 

Will the players stick with the current arrangements and perhaps take a salary cut, or will they have their head turned by Beijing's seedy under-bellend? 

The state would underwrite a massive loss if it meant raising the profile of the country in football, and basically transplanting all the top players from Europe into their league. 

That's it.  That's my comment. 

Best, 

Bumcunt 

16 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Liverpool are considering a £6.6million bid to sign exciting Turkish duo Ravil Tagir and Burak Ince, according to a report.

The pair play for Turkish second-tier side Altinordu and have made a combined 46 appearances this season.

Tagir, a 17-year-old defender, has made the most progress to date, playing 26 of 28 league games this term.

What’s more, he is also working his way through Turkey’s youth ranks, currently playing at Under-17 level.

Attacking midfielder Ince, meanwhile, is at Under-16 level on the international stage and he has been involved in four goals in 19 appearances this campaign.

According to Yeni Asir, Liverpool are considering a swoop for the pair for a combined price of €7.5million (£6.6million).

Negotiations between both clubs are reportedly underway and the Altinordu president has backed the pair to move to the Premier League.

Ince?

No.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Must have been some scout to notice those two. Or just someone on holiday there who managed to watch a couple of random games that wouldn't even get on bet365.

They are probably beasting FM2025 and/or their agents have created very slick YouTube video compilations with innovative shite music played over the top

52 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Liverpool are considering buying Marco van Basten, Jimmy Nail and Archie Gemmill, according to Whizzer and Chips magazine.

Obvious bollocks lad, Whizzer and Chips is not published anymore. I would advise more reliable sources in future like Commando Comics.

• Upvote 1

Incoming! Lallana near to signing short term extension.

Adam Lallana is poised to agree a short-term deal with Liverpool that will enable him to stay at Anfield for their title coronation.

The England international’s current contract is set to expire on June 30; Premier League clubs have long identified him as one of the summer’s main Bosman deals and he is expected to move to Leicester, even though Tottenham, Arsenal, Bournemouth and Burnley have all registered interest.

It would have been odd, though, had Lallana left before the end of this campaign, given he has spent six years on Merseyside and the fact he is regarded as such an important part of the dressing room by Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp wanted Lallana to be available for the remaining nine fixtures and that is now going to be the case following discussions with the 32-year-old, whose terms will now expire at midnight after the final match at Newcastle. A date – or a venue – has yet to be confirmed for that match.

Lallana has made 22 appearances this season, 15 of which have been in the Premier League and he will comfortably qualify for a medal should Liverpool secure the six points they require to become champions for the first time since 1990.

There is an understanding, however, between Lallana, Klopp and Liverpool’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, that priority for selection should go to those such as Takumi Minamino, Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones, who will be at the club for the long-term.

Klopp also recognises that Liverpool are likely to come up against teams who want to sign Lallana, who will also be mindful of avoiding an injury. Leicester have led the chase for him since it emerged earlier this year that he would leave Anfield.

Brendan Rodgers, the Leicester manager, signed Lallana in the summer of 2014 for Liverpool when he left Southampton. 

Lallana will be one of a number departures from Liverpool’s current squad; he will be joined by Nathaniel Clyne, who is training at the club’s Academy on his own.

Clyne has not played this season, following a serious knee injury sustained in pre-season. He will leave on June 30; Xherdhan Shaqiri is another who will depart with Newcastle keen on signing the Switzerland international. He, however, will command a substantial fee.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8400207/Adam-Lallana-poised-agree-new-short-team-deal-Liverpool.html