You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

12 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The lad Thuram at Gladbach is fucking woeful. Coasting through a game they're losing.

Think a slightly bulkier, even more disinterested, Ryan Babel.

That's the sort of realistic scouting report we need . Effed off reading about wonderkid this next superstar that keep it up. 

On a side note and not making excuses the players must be a bit flat with no crowds even reading Sancho's response to an "illegal no mask haircut" has me thinking they don't have the same buzz starting to come across as disinterested/whiney at the new reality for footy atmosphere kicks in .

Just now, clockspeed said:

That's the sort of realistic scouting report we need . Effed off reading about wonderkid this next superstar that keep it up. 

On a side note and not making excuses the players must be a bit flat with no crowds even reading Sancho's response to an "illegal no mask haircut" has me thinking they don't have the same buzz starting to come across as disinterested/whiney at the new reality for footy. 

I suppose it will separate the proper pros from the...well, the players taking pictures of themselves having a haircut.

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If the £200k a week is right I can see why we swerved it as that would have made him the best paid players or one of them at the club and considering he wouldnt be an automatic starter then fair enough.

In current climate absolute stonker deal for the player. Have to say his agents have done a good job . Think there will only be a few better deals this year (for players) like Shaq shivering his arse off up north on 250 a week 

13 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The lad Thuram at Gladbach is fucking woeful. Coasting through a game they're losing.

Think a slightly bulkier, even more disinterested, Ryan Babel.

I was saying to my mate the other week he looked shite. A speed merchant when he can be arsed running. 

9 hours ago, Baltar said:

A bit concerning that we're not looking to add any more players. We didn't spend much this season either, just Minamino I think it was? We're making more money than ever, this isn't the time for FSG to start getting stingy.

Start? Klopp has been running on a spend of about £10m a year since he got here. We spend no more now than when Coco was looking down moores sofa for spare change. 

14 hours ago, The Guest said:

They’ve got Hudson Odoi and they’ve signed that Ziyech.  It could theoretically all come together to be fair.  They’re poor at the back though and need a keeper.  Their manager could fall to pieces as well.

He's got the touch of a rapist that lad

20 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm not necessarily arsed about losing out on any specific player, but I look at it this way. Next season we will be without Lallana and probably Shaqiri, and by all accounts not making any first team signings. Our squad wasn't big enough to compete on all fronts this season, to the extent that we essentially wrote off the domestic cups (again), and next season it will be thinner still. It makes me wonder how much thinner the squad can get before results in the two competitions we actually make an effort in begin to suffer too. I don't think that's especially hysterical but opinions may differ.

Jones is taking Lalanna's spot. That there is an improvement.  Elliott will be taking Shaqiri's, short term that is a regression in quality but long term it's absolutely the right thing. He's class and you can't be sticking obstacles in his way.

I'd like a signing or 2 for freshness purposes, not necessarily just for numbers.

57 minutes ago, No2 said:

Jones is taking Lalanna's spot. That there is an improvement.  Elliott will be taking Shaqiri's, short term that is a regression in quality but long term it's absolutely the right thing. He's class and you can't be sticking obstacles in his way.

I'd like a signing or 2 for freshness purposes, not necessarily just for numbers.

Or Milner & Jones will share lasagna's minutes.  While Minamino  and Elliot will fight over Shaq's 0.25 games per season.

3 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

That seems like what they are trying to tee up.  The problem for them is that Klopp is an even bigger tightwad than fsg and so it'll not wash.

I'm not sure klopp is a tight wad. I just don't think he's arsed if they give him no money. He knows expectations will be adjusted accordingly if there's no investment and he'll enjoy the challenge of trying to exceed them. The aim of our owners will continue to be no more than cl qualification, see where that takes us and we don't bother with domestic cups anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He doesn't. He just expects them to give 100%. Winning is merely a byproduct of effort and talent. It's why he put up with Moreno and binned sakho. 

Disagree -- he expects them to be able to win every game they play -- he has said as much.

Point being, the expectations are never lowered internally regardless of money spent.

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Some of the doom-mongers should listen to this:

Why would you take any notice of them fan sites. On the whole for all clubs just a bunch of muppets that try and put a shiny coat on everything for a bit of access or full of wankers trying to be Internet celebs like the arsenal one