You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

If the AFCON isn’t moved, I’ll be significantly more concerned. By all accounts there are a number of qualifiers left so it’s likely to be moved back a year.

It can't be moved back a year. 

It was moved to January as the climate in Cameroon isn't suitable for a summer tournament. The world cup will be Nov - Dec 2022. 

There is way even FIFA will try and force UEFA hand to fuck the season up that much and have African players away a month after the world cup

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It can't be moved back a year. 

It was moved to January as the climate in Cameroon isn't suitable for a summer tournament. The world cup will be Nov - Dec 2022. 

There is way even FIFA will try and force UEFA hand to fuck the season up that much and have African players away a month after the world cup

The WC is November December 2022. The suggestion is the ACON would be moved to January 2022 so effectively almost a full year earlier.

But as with all things, talks \ rumour needs to be confirmed and it's a bit early for people to fall out their tree regarding the summer transfer window. The suggestion is the summer window will not open until August and will be longer. We need to wait and see.

3 hours ago, torahboy said:

The reaction of some on here to the unconfirmed news that Wener is going to Chelsea is embarrassing. The foot stamping bitchiness, accompanied with forecasts of the apocalyptic destruction of the whole Liverpool empire, is vomit inducing in its spoiled brattishness. Truly embarrassing. 

By the way, our season resumes on the 21st. Anyone interested? 

Not the least bit interested. I was getting stiff for this signing and now I have blue balls. 

51 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Chelsea in talks with Ben Chilwell from Leicester. 

Leicester want £85m for him.

With Werner, that lad from Ajax, Chilwell and a £96m loss in 2019, I’d like to know where Chelsea are finding the money from.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

With Werner, that lad from Ajax, Chilwell and a £96m loss in 2019, I’d like to know where Chelsea are finding the money from.

They dug really deep down the back of the sofa. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I never said RBL didn't need the money. I just said it's not their choice. If Werner was willing to wait as the article would suggest, RBL have to suck it up - they can't force him to go anywhere he doesn't want to go. Or they sell him for a lower price to a club he wants to go to. But instead, Werner is not happy to wait a year at all. He wants to move now and we're not prepared to cough up. It's just spin. 

Werner might have been willing to wait but if RBL tell him they need the money and then another top side in the Champions League comes in & offers you triple the wages he’s on now (and I’d assume more than we were offering him) and a certain starting place (again what we couldn’t offer him), then maybe he’s had to re-think his options.

Either way, I’m not going to concern myself with it any further. Given how good things have been for us the last 2 seasons & that we’ve overcome obstacles like this under Klopp and come out the other side for the better, I’m not going to get my knickers in a twist over it. I’d have liked him but I won’t lose any sleep. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

images (3).jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

They dug really deep down the back of the sofa. 

Well, obviously, but that’s not principle of FFP. 

I know they allowed NHS staff to use their hotel a few months ago, but, IMO, potentially spending £150m in the window isn’t a good look. 

52 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The WC is November December 2022. The suggestion is the ACON would be moved to January 2022 so effectively almost a full year earlier.

But as with all things, talks \ rumour needs to be confirmed and it's a bit early for people to fall out their tree regarding the summer transfer window. The suggestion is the summer window will not open until August and will be longer. We need to wait and see.

Oh shit of course it would

Still see a massive backlash from UEFA as they'll need to completely reorganise the seasons