You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Concerning if Jurgen wanted this lad. He looks a cracking player and seemed to want to come here.

My instinct is that the owners intend to sell us in the next 3-4 years when our stock is very high. We will still be a really good team with a brilliant manager and they will look to spend as little as possible in that time.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Concerning if Jurgen wanted this lad. He looks a cracking player and seemed to want to come here.

My instinct is that the owners intend to sell us in the next 3-4 years when our stock is very high. We will still be a really good team with a brilliant manager and they will look to spend as little as possible in that time.

Cant fucking stand them, never have, We are probably propping up their rounders team during covid

Very likely to be a case of the owners just being bed-shitting tight cunts. The change of tune regarding our summer plans from the likes of Maddock since the outbreak was already pretty alarming. That just seems to confirm it. If we are refusing to meet Werner's release clause, I wouldn't expect any signings above 30m this summer. Frankly underwhelming.

The financial reasons might not be the release clause.  Apparently he’s getting 200k a week at Chelsea so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s asked Liverpool to match it and the club have told him to fuck off.  Considering the reports it was a done deal only a few hours ago it’s all very odd.

I'm sure we wont be signing Havertz because we already have Minamino, Jones and Elliot. Saw a tweet yesterday from Paul Joyce about not signing a left back because we have Larouci and Milner to cover. 

Another season of Lovren, Origi and Milner being asked to mark 20 year old wingers and fucking off the domestic cups. Also look forward to tons of articles from the Echo harping back to how clever the Coutinho deal was and how the youth players will save the club a fortune.

The cunts never buy anyone unless we sell first. I hope they sell up after Klopp leaves because we are only competing because of him.

If he has gone to them for money it's only because we've allowed them to come in and offer it. If we had something agreed for 140 a week and signed him already Chelsea wouldn't be able to do that considering he's wanted to sign for us for fucking ages.

• Upvote 3

I said a few weeks ago that the uncertainty over FFP relaxation is only gonna benefit money cheats like Chelsea and City. Possibly also Newcastle and, erm, Everton. 

There’s been plenty of whispers that Abramovich sees this as the perfect time to put his hand back into his pocket.  

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Usual cunts coming out the woodwork, we should be in for him properly but these  get on my nerves. Not posted for months yet immediately on this. Fuck off.

Bang on. Has Jurgen resigned over this missed target? Not the last I heard so he's clearly on board.

As for FSG not using their own money? Thank fuck for that. The club's self sufficient.

Just read someone say missing out on Werner, what the fuck is going on? Well, fucking Premier League title in coming in addition to European and World Champions, that's what's going on.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't care what anybody says, these guys are shysters. Its Klopp's elite management alone that has propelled us this far, I'm utterly convinced of this now. Ill never question Klopp again in any form, because the day he's goes we are royally fucked. Year on year its the same narrative. They are greedy scumbags.