You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Under Klopp

Spent 401 million recouped 327 million I've just read. Wages aswell need to be considered. 

But if we go into next year without strengthening then next Jan and February we will be fucked. No Mane, Salah or Keita

We will have lost shitloads of revenue because of covid and we all know FSG do not put their hands in their own pockets. A pause in football like this was always going to favour the sugardaddy clubs more, and with FFP being relaxed it's even more so.

This isn't surprising at all.

• Upvote 2

Klopp clearly fancies him because he wouldn’t have bothered doing these phone calls etc.  The lad is absolutely desperate to come here and the price is not ridiculous.  The arse might fall out of the market which by the looks of it is what they’re scared of but that’s not going to happen for a while if it does.  We will lose more money by not capitalising on our position.

Not signing Werner wouldn't be a big deal. I don't think he really makes us better other than for depth. The problem is that if we're not signing him for around 50, we're defo not signing a difference maker cause those players cost 50+, if not close to 100m now, so...

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Under Klopp

Spent 401 million recouped 327 million I've just read. Wages aswell need to be considered. 

But if we go into next year without strengthening then next Jan and February we will be fucked. No Mane, Salah or Keita

How the can anyone know for certain if the AFCON is even going to go ahead? This season's club schedule has already been curtailed in several countries, there's talk of expanded club schedules next season to make up for this season, and that's before you factor in the chances of next season being fucked over thanks to infection rates increasing again, further lockdowns etc. The AFCON (a biannual event) is expendable, particularly if there are any travel restrictions and/or a further need for social distancing.

I was guilty of overreacting on our pre season results and we pissed the league. We all need to relax and let klopp and co sort it, which they inevitably will.

If they think Werner isn't worth it then we'll have to trust them. 

(I'm putting in this disclaimer though that if it's a penny pinching exercise by the owners, then they can fuck off.)

Quite worrying.  4 straight windows with no big signings when we're viewed as the best team in the world.

Not only are we not signing one of the hottest young striker prospects that's desperate to join us, but we're sitting on our hands as he signs for a league rival.  I seriously don't understand.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Posterguy said:

Quite worrying.  4 straight windows with no big signings when we're viewed as the best team in the world.

Not only are we not signing one of the hottest young striker prospects that's desperate to join us, but we're sitting on our hands as he signs for a league rival.  I seriously don't understand.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the owners looked at it and thought AFCON was being cancelled and so theres no need for extra depth.