You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I see the French sides who took legal action about however they finished their league, have lost their appeal already. 

One of the sides contesting it was Lyon as they were outside the CL places. Unless they win the CL (unlikely) a number of their players now have reduced by out clauses. 

Given we’ve been linked with Hassan Aouar, I do wonder if despite the reduction in income, if like Werner, we’d take the plunge on a couple of players if their fees are reduced.

Lyon are still in the CL. They need to finish their tie with Juve, which was 0-0 after the 1st leg. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I see the French sides who took legal action about however they finished their league, have lost their appeal already. 

One of the sides contesting it was Lyon as they were outside the CL places. Unless they win the CL (unlikely) a number of their players now have reduced by out clauses. 

Given we’ve been linked with Hassan Aouar, I do wonder if despite the reduction in income, if like Werner, we’d take the plunge on a couple of players if their fees are reduced.

Lyon are still in the CL. They need to finish their tie with Juve, which was 0-0 after the 1st leg. 

So you're saying Michael Edwards created the coronavirus and not the Chinese??? 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Reddy mentioned we like him in an article a couple months back. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mbappe-sancho-havertz-summer-melissa-reddy-a9314306.html

Interest, though, is only the starting point and a tiny part of transfer thinking. The recruitment team and Klopp are big admirers of Heung-min Son and Marcus Rashford, as examples, but that interest is immaterial given neither are available to them.

Alot of words to say fuck all bar the normal club leaks of we don't need anyone. And there's no room for another top quality forward. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Alot of words to say fuck all bar the normal club leaks of we don't need anyone. And there's no room for another top quality forward. 

Well listen, you can believe the journos who get briefed by the club or you basically get no news. That's kind of how transfer info works.  

52 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I'm hearing that Timo Werner has switched to the same marketing and social media agency as Jurgen Klopp...

Isn't his agent an old stuttgart player who klopp loved as a teenager, or something like that? 

Nearly sure I read that somewhere before. 

I watched a few Bundesliga games over the past couple of weekends. These are the players I want us to sign.

Kai Havertz - An absolutely wonderful footballer. Think Berbatov but with searing pace. Real unique talent.

Demirbay - He fits the profile of a player we are lacking. A deep-lying midfield playmaker. 

Sabitzer - He looks more like a modern day Liverpool midfielder under Klopp. A real all rounder. A bit snide though.

Philippe Max - Beautiful left foot. It’d almost be like having another Trent but on the opposite side.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He’s not really playing atm unfort. I reckon he’s told them that he’s leaving for United. 

That worked out so well for Harry Maguire. I don't think he will go there. He certainly wouldn't drop out of the team two thirds through a season because he's already decided he's going there.

12 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

That worked out so well for Harry Maguire. I don't think he will go there. He certainly wouldn't drop out of the team two thirds through a season because he's already decided he's going there.

It wouldn’t be his call. The manager would probably rather play someone who wants to be there instead.

• Downvote 1