You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I think players hold the power at most if not all clubs because they can down tools and the club still had to fork out their wages which tends to force them to sell.  City Just don’t have that problem because money is no object and the players know that too.  It’s why we’ve never seen them bullied into losing players ever.  They could kill De Bruynes career and would have no problem doing it to stop him playing for a rival here or in Europe.  They’ve pretty much tried to do it to Sane as soon as it was clear he wasn’t signing a new contract.

Which again could have a negative effect if  future players associate city as a club that treats its players like cunts.

38 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You would think "come on a bosman and you don't get a pay rise" would hardly be the most tempting offer he could get. 

True. A quick google reckon tells me he’s prepared to lower is wages by 30% to get the love to Bayern though.

Either way, Citeh need to sell to rebuild their squad. Getting him on a free would doubly fuck them. It’s just a shame it won’t happen.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

True. A quick google reckon tells me he’s prepared to lower is wages by 30% to get the love to Bayern though.

Either way, Citeh need to sell to rebuild their squad. Getting him on a free would doubly fuck them. It’s just a shame it won’t happen.

He is German though isn't he? So he might be prepared to take a pay cut to go home? He probably doesn't even need to move house to move to us, so I would suspect we'd need to offer something else. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

He is German though isn't he? So he might be prepared to take a pay cut to go home? He probably doesn't even need to move house to move to us, so I would suspect we'd need to offer something else. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The chance to play for the best team in the world and to play for a national icon from his home country?

I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately, but I'm sure we could make the move financially attractive for him. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Which again could have a negative effect if  future players associate city as a club that treats its players like cunts.

It’s taken over a decade for youth players and their agents to realise what a stupid idea it is to sign for Chelsea.  Money tends to talk and they worry about these things later.  I also think because City hold so much power due to infinite money the situations like De Bruyne wanting to leave would never play out publicly anyway.

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The chance to play for the best team in the world and to play for a national icon from his home country?

I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately, but I'm sure we could make the move financially attractive for him. 

He's been playing for a top foreign team with an iconic manager. I'm not saying there's nothing we could offer him, but I don't see that happening by matching his city wages on a bosman. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He's been playing for a top foreign team with an iconic manager. 

He apparently doesn’t get on with Guardiola.

He seems to get £170k a week at Citeh, I don’t think many teams would match that.

That’s similar to what Mane, Salah & VVD get for us. Obviously I’ve no idea if this salary would include his signing on fee being built into his weekly wage or if it’s heavily incentivised like the players I’ve just mentioned. 

Given he seems to be willing to give up £51k a week for Bayern & based on the above, I think matching his wage is fair. I don’t see Barca or Real currently going for him (obviously could change if he doesn’t go to Bayern). I’m sure he’d love a salary increase but I think he’s short on options at the moment. 

Anyhoo, I still significantly doubt it’ll happen. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Bayern are going to be very good next year if they get him. Sane and Gnabry on the wings

To be fair, Coman & Gnabry are already very good. 

Pretty sure I’ve seen Gnabry & Sane play up front for Germany.

54 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s taken over a decade for youth players and their agents to realise what a stupid idea it is to sign for Chelsea.  Money tends to talk and they worry about these things later.  I also think because City hold so much power due to infinite money the situations like De Bruyne wanting to leave would never play out publicly anyway.

Yes but if De Bruyne saw his arse and put no effort in (a poor example really as I don’t think he’s the type) then Guardiola may want rid and use the money for a new player. This is presuming of course that the FFP thing actually grows some bollocks.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

A wages/lateral move and stay in England? 

giphy.gif

Or a step backwards on both fronts? 

I genuinely don’t think it’ll happen (unfortunately) but I don’t think if we’ve allegedly offered to match his wages, it’s as implausible as some think. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

He apparently doesn’t get on with Guardiola.

He seems to get £170k a week at Citeh, I don’t think many teams would match that.

That’s similar to what Mane, Salah & VVD get for us. Obviously I’ve no idea if this salary would include his signing on fee being built into his weekly wage or if it’s heavily incentivised like the players I’ve just mentioned. 

Given he seems to be willing to give up £51k a week for Bayern & based on the above, I think matching his wage is fair. I don’t see Barca or Real currently going for him (obviously could change if he doesn’t go to Bayern). I’m sure he’d love a salary increase but I think he’s short on options at the moment. 

Anyhoo, I still significantly doubt it’ll happen. 

He seems to have had his heart set on Munich for some time. I'm sure he could outlast guardiola at city of he chose to and was happy to stay in the north west of England. For me it just smacks of typical shite that comes out of the journalists when there's nothing to talk about. 

I think we probably sounded out his agent about a move, we’re told he’d set his heart on BM, and wished him well. I doubt it would have got much further than that. Shame, as he’s a brilliant player.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I think we probably sounded out his agent about a move, we’re told he’d set his heart on BM, and wished him well. I doubt it would have got much further than that. Shame, as he’s a brilliant player.

Could also be w negotiation tactic from his agent - Sell him to Bayern this summer for £Xm or he signs for Liverpool on a free...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Remmie said:

Must have missed the Rashford 'link' or whatever it was

Reddy mentioned we like him in an article a couple months back. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mbappe-sancho-havertz-summer-melissa-reddy-a9314306.html

Interest, though, is only the starting point and a tiny part of transfer thinking. The recruitment team and Klopp are big admirers of Heung-min Son and Marcus Rashford, as examples, but that interest is immaterial given neither are available to them.

I think if we really wanted Son we could get him. Spurs can fuck off. 

I think Ashford would be unreal here under Klopp. I really rate him but obviously its never happening. 

Sane when fit is superb but he doesn't get in over Mane ever. 

Go balls out for De Bruyne, enough to turn his head. Wont ever happen but fuck it. Disrupt the lottery winning cunts. Fuck with their heads.