You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was.....

Everyo e is in the same boat, teams will accept lower fees for people running out of contract, even top players  for a chance of some money back.

We won’t be getting as good a fee for the likes of Shaqiri, Wilson and Grujic. 
But other teams won’t be either. The very least we need Werner.

• Upvote 1

We earned a fuck load of money from last season, we are winning it this season, and have new sponsorships lined up. Failing that, put your hands in your pocket and make up the shortfall. Covid is a valid excuse when it comes to us taking a knock on our income in the next set of books. It’s not particularly a valid excuse to not buy players. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I want all the boss players.

Bit galling though we hit the crest of a wave and can't take advantage. Standing still under Moore's while the world moved around us is why we nose dived. I'm not saying that's happening I just hope it doesn't. 

Thankfully the world around us isn't moving either this time. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

If all sides just stay as they are then we win the league again next season. I'm more than happy with that. 

You really think we win the league missing Mane, Salah and Keita for 5 weeks during the busiest part of the season? 

The squad over the past 2 years has been run into the ground and we always fuck the two domestic trophies off to concentrate on the league and champions league. We saw what happened when Allison got injured and we had a back up keeper who was signed because he was free.

Looks like we will still be relying on Lovren to play more than 5 games in a row, a cameo from Origi here and there and Keita not to be made of Quavers. 

I know it's the same for everyone else bar a few clubs but we will probably be in this boat next year as well and the front 3 will all be pushing 30 and expected to play 50 games a season. 

26 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The squad over the past 2 years has been run into the ground and we always fuck the two domestic trophies off to concentrate on the league and champions league. We saw what happened when Allison got injured and we had a back up keeper who was signed because he was free.

Looks like we will still be relying on Lovren to play more than 5 games in a row, a cameo from Origi here and there and Keita not to be made of Quavers. 

I know it's the same for everyone else bar a few clubs but we will probably be in this boat next year as well and the front 3 will all be pushing 30 and expected to play 50 games a season. 

Not untrue that we’ve push the squad to the limit over the last two seasons, mate. That said, we’ve won the Champions League and we are runaway leaders in the league. I think it could be argued that we got the balance right. 

Font get me wrong, that’s not an argument against buying this summer. I think we very much need to do that.

• Like 1

We need Werner, no question. He'll have half a season (assuming all kicks off as normal in Aug/Sep) to get fully up to speed, make a handful of appearances and learn Klopp's demands. Then come January he'll be primed and ready to link up with Bobby in the front three. Question is though who fills the other berth?

Origi will probably go, Brewster will probably be out on loan, so we may see an entirely different system, unless Elliott is deemed ready.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We earned a fuck load of money from last season, we are winning it this season, and have new sponsorships lined up. Failing that, put your hands in your pocket and make up the shortfall. Covid is a valid excuse when it comes to us taking a knock on our income in the next set of books. It’s not particularly a valid excuse to not buy players. 

Err what you are being critical now? 

124 million in 2018

40 million in 2019

At least 40 million if not more in 2020

Stadium expansion put on hold indefinitely 

New shirt deal not looking so clever now 

Can't buy any players. 

Great. 

7 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

We need Werner, no question. He'll have half a season (assuming all kicks off as normal in Aug/Sep) to get fully up to speed, make a handful of appearances and learn Klopp's demands. Then come January he'll be primed and ready to link up with Bobby in the front three. Question is though who fills the other berth?

Origi will probably go, Brewster will probably be out on loan, so we may see an entirely different system, unless Elliott is deemed ready.

Takumi Minamino