You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Lots of interesting information on transfer processes and kit deals. Not convinced that being with Nike necessarily means Mbappe is more likely but some good pointers in this video nonetheless. It's 11 minutes long but the financial expert seems to know his stuff so worth a watch, especially regards the Nike deal.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Lots of interesting information on transfer processes and kit deals. Not convinced that being with Nike necessarily means Mbappe is more likely but some good pointers in this video nonetheless. It's 11 minutes long but the financial expert seems to know his stuff so worth a watch, especially regards the Nike deal.

Well I'm sold. Get him in.

......if we have a pot to piss in.

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Why do knobheads keep peddling this non story about Mbappe, whether its fans or stupid reporters, our owners would never sanction the transfer fee and wages. 

If there is any chance at all then the club should go for it. 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If there is any chance at all then the club should go for it. 

It will be 2 youth players costing £1.5m each with a couple of players sold. Then endless articles from the Echo about how clever Liverpool are in the transfer market and that we dont need Mbappe or Havertz because Brewster will develop on loan and we have Curtis Jones. 

• Upvote 1

Starting to see more and more leaks that we should wait a year to sign Werner due to the clause costs. 

Sounds like the club getting everyone ready for buying nobody in the summer and running tbr front three into the ground yet again. Just waiting on the new Brewster and  Elliot are ready now 

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Why do knobheads keep peddling this non story about Mbappe, whether its fans or stupid reporters, our owners would never sanction the transfer fee and wages. 

I did write at the beginning of the post that I'm not convinced that it means Mbappe is signing.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I did write at the beginning of the post that I'm not convinced that it means Mbappe is signing.

Didnt mean you of course. 

Just seen loads of this on Twitter and the gossip columns. Liverpool never make a big signing unless they balance the books and the club constantly drip feed information about every window being a quiet one or academy players replacing departing players. 

It's like when Liverpool get linked to players who are 29/30 who will cost a fortune in wages/transfer fee or signing on fee like Willian, Koulibaly and Mertens. Straight away you know it's just bollocks.

We definitely need a good attacker for next season as we are going to lose Salah and Mane in January for the African cup of nations.

Personally this summer i'd go for Timo Werner and also try and get Bukayo Saka.

The sales of Grujic, Wilson,Shaqiri and Karius plus Lallana and Clyne being released should be just about enough to cover it without making much of a difference to the wage bill.

No doubt we'll end up signing someone I've never heard of and they will be world class as usual. 

Would love us to get a top class 2nd goalie. Romero is really good and someone of that ilk for us would be class. Hard to get someone who is happy to play second fiddle but cup games and possibly a few league/cl games at the best team in the world should attract.

I have this gut feeling Sancho will end up here in a year's time. Sadio will move to Real in the summer of 21 and he will come here. Think we will get Timo in the coming months. I think Jurgen will go all out to get Havertz as well as he looks to build another great team. 

The owners balance the books and will be looking over their shoulders at the economic situation inside and outside of the game. They are shrewd business people, but to be fair they aren't naive. We can't stand still even if it is Jurgen at the wheel and they know that, especially with Newcastle now on the scene possibly in the coming years.

I've grown attached to the current team that I will hate when they move on one by one, but if Jurgen is building another great team with some serious talent, it could be worse.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Would love us to get a top class 2nd goalie. Romero is really good and someone of that ilk for us would be class. Hard to get someone who is happy to play second fiddle but cup games and possibly a few league/cl games at the best team in the world should attract.

I have this gut feeling Sancho will end up here in a year's time. Sadio will move to Real in the summer of 21 and he will come here. Think we will get Timo in the coming months. I think Jurgen will go all out to get Havertz as well as he looks to build another great team. 

The owners balance the books and will be looking over their shoulders at the economic situation inside and outside of the game. They are shrewd business people, but to be fair they aren't naive. We can't stand still even if it is Jurgen at the wheel and they know that, especially with Newcastle now on the scene possibly in the coming years.

I've grown attached to the current team that I will hate when they move on one by one, but if Jurgen is building another great team with some serious talent, it could be worse.

Werner, Sancho and Havertz we get those 3 we will dominate. I reckon at least two of those will be at United though I think they are going to go astronomical for Sancho and big for Werner. I'm only saying that because her family are mancs and those two players seem to be their chatter.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This would be absolutely brilliant & hilarious.

Like a player has never moved from Man City to Liverpool before.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ada01305b5db487506

Or vice versa.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ff3f14e27d36ee49c4

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Like a player has never moved from Man City to Liverpool before.

Or vice versa.

To be fair, things have got quite a lot more heated since Sterling went to them.

Still, shows how much we get under their skin though.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Werner, Sancho and Havertz we get those 3 we will dominate. I reckon at least two of those will be at United though I think they are going to go astronomical for Sancho and big for Werner. I'm only saying that because her family are mancs and those two players seem to be their chatter.

Think if they fail to get Champions League, he won't go there. My hunch is that Dortmund will be looking to keep him another 12 months - they are a wealthy well run club and don't need a firesale like say Villa with Grealish. If United think they get him for anything less than his market value, they will be told to get fucked fairly fast. If that happens, I think Sadio goes to Real in 2021 and we sign Sancho. Werner seems to have his heart set on us so my gut is that he comes here, either this summer or in 2021 - could be another Virgil.

Would love Havertz, but think Bayern will push the boat out for him. They love a German core and he is going to become on of the best players of his generation. With Jurgen, not many German players will turn us down though. I actually like Naby and want him to succeed here, but I can't help but think he could be used to get one of these three lads to bring the price down.