You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The whole Werner situation is starting to feel like the Draxler saga. If he's not eager to come here, Klopp won't tickle his bumhole to convince him.

Can't say I'm arsed, as he strikes me as mentally weak.

Why do you think he's not eager? He's been almost begging us for around a month. Then because we do nothing he opens up man city and man utd are also options. It's clear he wants to come here to me. It's less clear klopp wants him

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Why do you think he's not eager? He's been almost begging us for around a month. Then because we do nothing he opens up man city and man utd are also options. It's clear he wants to come here to me. It's less clear klopp wants him

I think if he was really desperate to be part of this side - and only this side - he'd keep his mouth shut and instruct his agent, like Van Dijk did. 

Instead, he's fluttering his eyelashes and waiting for a reaction, then chatting about other teams. That's not going to endear him to anyone. It makes him look like a needy twat, much like Griezmann. 

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think if he was really desperate to be part of this side - and only this side - he'd keep his mouth shut and instruct his agent, like Van Dijk did. 

Instead, he's fluttering his eyelashes and waiting for a reaction, then chatting about other teams. That's not going to endear him to anyone. It makes him look like a needy twat, much like Griezmann. 

I think he's fluttering his eyes at us, because we're not chasing him like we were with vvd. 

4 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If he's not coming here then it's because we're doing something mad like signing Sancho. No way would we turn down Werner for that money unless we had something better planned.

Let's just say our owners are self-isolating themselves on a boat in the Caribbean for three months, wink wink.

Just now, Barry Wom said:

I think he's fluttering his eyes at us, because we're not chasing him like we were with vvd. 

I reckon it's more that we have - like most other top sides - registered an interest in him. However, his gums flapping won't help anyone. If we're interested, his agent will sort it; if we're not, for some reason, then he'd be dense to think talking us up would change that.

I just can't see what positive purpose him chatting could have, other than to fuel his own ego.

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I reckon it's more that we have - like most other top sides - registered an interest in him. However, his gums flapping won't help anyone. If we're interested, his agent will sort it; if we're not, for some reason, then he'd be dense to think talking us up would change that.

I just can't see what positive purpose him chatting could have, other than to fuel his own ego.

From what the German journos say it's because he knows he needs to convince klopp he wants to come here. He's always said previously I think he wanted to stay in Germany, but has the hump with Bayern after they made him number 2 priority after sane past summer. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

From what the German journos say it's because he knows he needs to convince klopp he wants to come here. He's always said previously I think he wanted to stay in Germany, but has the hump with Bayern after they made him number 2 priority after sane past summer. 

Not sure it's the right way to go about it then. We've started to develop a relationship with Red Bull after the early Keita saga, so we're probably trying to avoid any talk of unsettling players like Werner.

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Let's just say our owners are self-isolating themselves on a boat in the Caribbean for three months, wink wink.

We won the champions league under them last year, are currently world champions and are about to win our first league title in 30 years. We have the best manager in Europe and despite last nights result are still the most feared side on the planet. I hope they get a fucking great tan and plenty of oral sex. 

56 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If he's not coming here then it's because we're doing something mad like signing Sancho. No way would we turn down Werner for that money unless we had something better planned.

We could be planning to do exactly the same as last summer. This time last year nobody wanted to believe we'd do fuck all. 

31 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not sure it's the right way to go about it then. We've started to develop a relationship with Red Bull after the early Keita saga, so we're probably trying to avoid any talk of unsettling players like Werner.

It's not really unsettling him is it? He has a known buy out clause that needs to be activated by April or something. There's going to be loads of speculation till he does something or we move past the date of the clause. There wouldn't be this same speculation without the clause. Red bull have themselves to blame for that for putting it in his contract and insisting it's activated during the club season. 

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Yeah it doesn’t look like it’s gonna work out for him here. Oh well... Klopp’s first ‘flop’, and he hasn’t been a disaster in fairness.

Karius didnt work out but there again, he only cost £4m or £5m. I wouldnt be surprised to see Naby ship out and be made the makeweight in any deal for Werner but we're going to have to wait and see I suppose.

48 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Karius didnt work out but there again, he only cost £4m or £5m. I wouldnt be surprised to see Naby ship out and be made the makeweight in any deal for Werner but we're going to have to wait and see I suppose.

Oxocube has been a flop to date too. 

We didn't pay that sort of money for an inconsistent, injury prone midfielder,  worth a few goals a season.    Even if his career to date told any sane individual, that's exactly what you'd get. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2